Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Inactive User

Smile Hello!

Hi. I just joined the forum today after just buying a 1957 Dodge Royal 2 door hardtop w/325 poly engine. I need to find one (or preferably more) source of restoration parts - mostly interior stuff for now, maybe some other things later. The car is in decent #3 shape, glass is good,, bright work is OK, and the paint is pretty good with no rust or bubbling at this point, so nothing is pressing except some interior work. I need a steering wheel (or a lead on who you might recommend to re-cast mine), and some arm rest work, probably go with new seat covers at some point as well. I also have a 58 Impala, and for that I bought a whole interior kit, as it was about the same price as the seat covers plus door panels. I don't know if MOPAR suppliers have that same kind of deal or not. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. I am looking forward to chatting with all of you and keeping you updated with progress pics when I get started in earnest. My goal is to get the car in shape to go to some local shows here in the Northern Shenandoah valley (VA) in the June or July timeframe. Thanks in advance. Doug
Old 02-09-2008, 08:54 PM

That's one of the problems with being a Mopar fan, especially of the finned and early eras, not nearly so many parts suppliers!
However, if you're not familiar with it, there's a great message board for fans of 50s Chrysler products.
http://www.moparfins.com/forum/defau...acbzz4ef15e977
Also, google Forward Look, they have a great e-mail list as well.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:26 PM

Welcome aboard! If you have a rust free car, you are extremely lucky. 1957 Dodges had severe rust problems over the headlights and the rocker panels. Seeing a two or three year old car with holes through the rockers was not unusual.

I owned a '57 Dodge Coronet 2 dr hardtop when I was in high school. It had the D500 Hemi rated at 285 HP with a 4bbl carb. I loved that car. Two tone blue and white. Twin antennas on the fins. I bought it when it was 4 years old. Headlights and rockers gone. Bondo and rattlecan made it good to go.

I totaled it when I T-boned a '58 Edsel that turned in front of me at a highway intersection. Insurance settled because a used front clip cost more than the car booked for. They paid $750 and kept the car.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Inactive User

Welcome! You'll find a lot of help here!!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Inactive User

i also have a 57 ply conv. finding parts was difficult. if your steering wheel is cracked you can use a product called fusion. you can find it at most autobody supply stores.