Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Inactive User

Angry Problems with World Wide Performance

Any one ever order anything from World Wide Performance and got what they ordered?I ordered a Mopar PCM on October 24th ,my credit card was charged on October 29th and as of December 3rd still no Mopar pcm.I have contacted Randy several times and each time he has an excuse and firm delivery date,My call on December 2nd,inquiring about delivery, has not been returned.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Problems with World Wide Performance

Quote:
Originally posted by CLIFF
Any one ever order anything from World Wide Performance and got what they ordered?I ordered a Mopar PCM on October 28th ,my credit card was charged on October 29th and as of December 3rd still no Mopar pcm.I have contacted Randy several times and each time he has an excuse and firm delivery date,My call on December 2nd,inquiring about delivery, has not been returned.
No problems with World Wide Performance. Randy left last week to fly to Kansas to pick up a vehicle which he is driving back and had to stop in St. Louis on business. That is the reason no return call from you last message. I have spent over $5,000 with Randy and never have had a problem and I know a lot of other people have too. Just call Randy on his cell phone and he will take care of you. His cell number is 1-727-385-9287.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:46 PM
Inactive User

I've never had anything but the best service from randy also. A majority of pieces for my current and previous dakotas were bought from randy.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:21 PM
Inactive User

45 DAYS GONE BY AND STILL NO PCM
Old 12-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Intense Blue Member

Quote:
45 DAYS GONE BY AND STILL NO PCM
What did Randy have to say about it? Is it backordered? Out of stock? Shipping problems? I'm not making excuses for anyone here, but we have to be reasonable when we order parts at discount. I received a reply from an e-mail I sent to Randy Monday....
Old 12-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Inactive User

randy didn't return my phone calls so i e- mailed him tuesday(12/3) he e-mailed back that it had to come from a different warehouse and that it was flashed and mailed on monday(12/2) i e-mailed him on 12/9 to inform him that it still is not here no reply yet
Old 12-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Inactive User

I had a similar problem with my Hotchkis. He also claimed to have a front fog light I needed, he charged my card, but I never got it. He did make everything right though - 6 WEEKS LATER!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 03:43 PM
Inactive User

it will not be 6 weeks until tomorrow(12/12) maybe i have just not waited long enough
Old 12-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Inactive User

Although, I have not ordered from them, I had a similar problem with Hotchkis Performance and the front shocks for my Dakota. It took 5 months to get the shocks for it. Of course they did not charge my card.

Hope everything goes ok. I know sometimes I have problems with my vendors telling me everything is ok and then finding out that it won't be shipped until later or they don't actually have that product. The key is to keep the customer informed. I hope you get everything worked out.

L8r,
Old 12-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Inactive User

MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER I PLACED THE ORDER-I FEEL SURE I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK,BUT ALL I REALLY WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY MOPAR PERFORMANCE PCM
Old 12-11-2002, 04:59 PM
Inactive User

Juts to clarify - My problem was with World Wide Perferformance as well.

But he did save me $200 on the full Hotchkis kit.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Inactive User

I THINK THAT THE PRICE WAS GREAT($330.OO FLASHED AND SHIPPED) BUT IF I DON'T EVER GET IT THEN THE PRICE DOESN'T MATTER
Old 12-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Inactive User

I would try to get your money back through your cc. And but one somewhere else. When i bought mine about 3 weeks ago summit had one in stock. i bought mine from koller dodge it was 321 bucks I think summit wanted 350
Old 12-13-2002, 06:07 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
I THINK THAT THE PRICE WAS GREAT($330.OO FLASHED AND SHIPPED) BUT IF I DON'T EVER GET IT THEN THE PRICE DOESN'T MATTER
Did you try to call him again? I gave you his cell number. Why do you yell so much?
Old 12-13-2002, 06:10 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Cuda
Juts to clarify - My problem was with World Wide Perferformance as well.

But he did save me $200 on the full Hotchkis kit.
If you had seen other boards, no vendor had the Hotchkis Kit and were having problems getting the kits from Hotchkis. Every vendor shipped them out when they got them and it did take a while for them to get the Kit.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:07 AM
Inactive User

I have requested my money back from the credit card company so all i will be out is a couple of months of interest and the time waiting for the mailman to show up each day.I left my 800 number twice and e-mailed Randy,I am the customer and if he won't contact me then he has nothing to tell me.I yell so much BECAUSE I WANT MY PCM!
Old 12-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Inactive User

Yell all you want Cliff. Randy uses this site for costomers anyways. So he needs to hear it!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 12:32 PM
Inactive User

I agree with Cliff and Dan. Being in the buisness myself, I know how important customer service is. You must keep the customer informed. It should not be up to the customer to keep calling/emailing to find out what is going on with an order. Even if a customer does call or email, you must get back to them ASAP. Especially if this customer has already paid for the part.

I hope everything works out for you.

L8r,
Old 12-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Inactive User

What email addy have you been using for randy, i sent him an email about some parts last night and he got back to me allmost imediatly
Old 12-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Inactive User

I e-mailed to the address on his web page and the reply came from "prtsdawg@.rr.com"
Old 12-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
I e-mailed to the address on his web page and the reply came from "prtsdawg@.rr.com"
Maybe that is the problem. His email address is prtsdawg@tampabay.rr.com
Old 12-13-2002, 05:52 PM
Inactive User

That's what i meant-just a typo with my reply
Old 12-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Inactive User

Are there any other mail order companys(besides world wide performance) that i could buy a custom programmed mopar performance pcm from?also after first of year planning on buying shaker hood
Old 12-15-2002, 04:08 PM

Thumbs up JOHN MERCEDES

John Mercedes is an excellent vendor. I've used him for most of the mods I have on the R/T and have never had a problem. I got my gears, PCM, M1 intake, torque converter, shift kit, tranny cooler, ect. from him at all different times over the past year and have always been extremely happy. He's all about customer service and will take time to help you out with advise whenever you ask for it. Shoot him an e-mail and explain what happened to you with Randy, and I guarrantee you'll be treated right!!

jmmtsb@prodigy.net
Old 12-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: JOHN MERCEDES

Quote:
Originally posted by 4.7 Dakman
John Mercedes is an excellent vendor. I've used him for most of the mods I have on the R/T and have never had a problem. I got my gears, PCM, M1 intake, torque converter, shift kit, tranny cooler, ect. from him at all different times over the past year and have always been extremely happy. He's all about customer service and will take time to help you out with advise whenever you ask for it. Shoot him an e-mail and explain what happened to you with Randy, and I guarrantee you'll be treated right!!

jmmtsb@prodigy.net
Jon may be a nice guy but he prostitutes parts. He works for the phone company and sells the parts as a side to make friends. which will end up costing you in the long run. It will lead to the manufacturer setting the price and create protected areas. If you don't believe me ask anybody that makes parts, if this is not true. See how long he would be selling parts if he had to make his living from selling parts. I would much rather deal with a guy that sells parts to make his living. For your information Randy has been gone on business and has not been getting emails. If Cliff would have called him on his cell phone he wouldn't be whining so much. Aren't business owners allowed to take time off to travel.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:53 PM

Default What are you talking about?

Ouch! Did I hit a nerve or something? Cliff asked for another company he could get his PCM from so I gave him John's e-mail. I know that he works for the phone company, but I also know that he doesn't sell parts just to make friends. Where did that nonsense come from?

He is running Southeast R/T as a part time business in addition to his regular job. He does make money on the parts he sells, he just doesn't make a killing at it. He also has two store fronts and a website (that happens to be under construction).

Business owners are allowed to take time off, but usually make arrangements for their business to continue running by a manager, partner, or someone. This, or they usually try and tie up as many loose ends as possible before doing so. Letting customers know in advance they will be gone. At any rate, this still doesn't warrant the fact that Cliff has had to make all the effort to contact Randy. All Randy had to do if there was a problem was call him explain his PCM was going to be delayed, and tell him he was going away on vacation.

I'm not going to jump on the bashing wagon of the other vendors because I have purchased from some of the others, and had no problems. I also don't know that much about some of them, such as Randy. He maybe an OK guy and just happened to make a couple bad business decisions...who knows. What I do know is that John will treat you right and give you a good price on the parts you need. Period!

Cliff, e-mail him. jmmtsb@prodigy.net You won't be disappointed!
Old 12-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Re: JOHN MERCEDES

Quote:
Originally posted by dakotart1

Jon may be a nice guy but he prostitutes parts. He works for the phone company and sells the parts as a side to make friends. which will end up costing you in the long run. It will lead to the manufacturer setting the price and create protected areas. If you don't believe me ask anybody that makes parts, if this is not true. See how long he would be selling parts if he had to make his living from selling parts. I would much rather deal with a guy that sells parts to make his living. For your information Randy has been gone on business and has not been getting emails. If Cliff would have called him on his cell phone he wouldn't be whining so much. Aren't business owners allowed to take time off to travel.
Not another one of those "us vs. them" deals.

Randy is difficult to reach at times. That's a fact based on personal experience. If that's "full-time selling parts" I'm not overly impressed with the results. Randy also is a business partner with Jonas Janek, a full-time student who sells parts on the side at Premeir Automotive. So it's wrong for John to do it, but OK for Randy to support the idea through Jonas?

Seems your issue is limited to the price only and noting his day job is only a distraction, but that's the way that whole cliquish deal between vendors has always been. If it's an issue of price, just state that and leave the rest alone would seem to be the wise choice.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:25 PM
Inactive User

Location: topeka at the moment-will be moving to florida in february
Default Business Practice?????

Todd, when have you ever tried to reach me for business. The only time you've contacted me is to raise hell because I hurt your feelings or johns. You have never purchased a part from me, nor would i ever sell you any, but on one occasion you did call and ask me about parts for your powerdyne, which i orderd and sent to you for no charge. or did you just forget about those parts?I have contacted cliff and i do practice good business ethics and when i left over 2 weeks ago, i thought i had all the bases covered and was only planning on being gone for 5 days. Things happened that prevented me from leaving. so things did get out of hand but i'm back and things will be worked out and cliff will get his computer one way or another.
and as far as jonas goes, he does have a full time employee and he supports his college schooling through his business, so yes there is a difference between what he does and john does. jonas makes a living to better his education and he doesn't de-grade the products he sells by selling them at cost and making the value of the products worthless in the open market. I do the same thing, yes, thats making a profit to support my family, just like each and everyone on this list does in there jobs. I guess you have to ask yourself. if my company didn't make a profit, would i have a job? and i apologize greatly for cliff's inconvenience as i do not operate this way and i don't want to point any fingers at anybody as i have never had a problem with the post office, but i think i just had my first problem. and as far as checking this list, i do not often enough as the emails come directly to me when things are posted to a subject i have replied to as i am not a paid vendor on this list, so i cannot promote my company and would love to pay for it, but at this time cannot.
i apologize to everyone on this list as it is a very good one. and i'm sorry you have to hear the false statements from johns soldiers who will do anything to badmouth me to improve the whoring tactics that are used in there business practices. Hey todd, how many vendors have been pulled from me for selling their good name at cost? I'll tell you, NONE. now would you like to tell about your best bud, how manys been pulled from him? MANY is the answer and more to come. Manufacturers are starting to set strict selling guidlines as to how theire products will be sold and what that will do is force the underseller to play on the same field and when they don't, they're gone. anyway, i have serviced many people on this board and many others as well, and i'm sure i have met most expectations, but on occasion one gets away, but in the end it is corrected and we move on, just like this one, it will be fixed. thanks and all of you have a great night! randy
Old 12-16-2002, 12:57 AM

Quote:
and i'm sorry you have to hear the false statements from johns soldiers who will do anything to badmouth me to improve the whoring tactics that are used in there business practices.
Quote:
and as far as checking this list, i do not often enough as the emails come directly to me when things are posted to a subject i have replied to
I'm not sure about this, but the way it looks to me... it's like this:
YOUR little soldier (dakotart1) started off the bad mouthing of John Mercedes for no apparant reason. Then when white98club and myself responded, it looks like your little soldier contacted you, so you could come in here and defend yourself, and in the process try and bad mouth John some more. I assume the only way you knew about all this was because one of your soldiers contacted you, since you, yourself, stated that you don't visit this list much. I mean this is the way I'm seeing things...like I said I could be wrong though.

I'm no-one's "soldier", Cliff asked for the name of a company to get a PCM from and I mentioned John M. That's when your "soldier" tried to turn the tables around on this thread and get the focus off YOU and on John with some lame crap like he "prostitutes parts" and only does it "to make friends". Give me a break. There was no need for those silly attacks.

Randy, I said in my earlier post that I really didn't know much about you, and that you may be an OK guy, but after seeing how you responded to this whole ordeal and took this as an opprotunity to try and bash John some more for no reason...kinda makes me think otherwise. You could have/ should have, taken this opprotunity to address the real problem with Cliff and his PCM and that's it, done deal...instead you mired your post up with cheap jabs at John. Not good business sense, and truely sad if you ask me. What a shame.

I think you've kinda shot yourself in the foot on this one. When you take cheap shots at your competitor it makes you look weak and worried. You should lay your cards on the table, let everyone know what you can offer and hold your head up high. Don't start whinning and pointing fingers at someone else to try and get the focus off your mistakes. Just take responsability for your actions and that's it. Know what I mean?

Oh well, this is just my opinion...maybe I'm the only one that sees it this way, but I doubt it.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:36 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by 4.7 Dakman

I'm not sure about this, but the way it looks to me... it's like this:
YOUR little soldier (dakotart1) started off the bad mouthing of John Mercedes for no apparant reason. Then when white98club and myself responded, it looks like your little soldier contacted you, so you could come in here and defend yourself, and in the process try and bad mouth John some more. I assume the only way you knew about all this was because one of your soldiers contacted you, since you, yourself, stated that you don't visit this list much. I mean this is the way I'm seeing things...like I said I could be wrong though.

I'm no-one's "soldier", Cliff asked for the name of a company to get a PCM from and I mentioned John M. That's when your "soldier" tried to turn the tables around on this thread and get the focus off YOU and on John with some lame crap like he "prostitutes parts" and only does it "to make friends". Give me a break. There was no need for those silly attacks.

Randy, I said in my earlier post that I really didn't know much about you, and that you may be an OK guy, but after seeing how you responded to this whole ordeal and took this as an opprotunity to try and bash John some more for no reason...kinda makes me think otherwise. You could have/ should have, taken this opprotunity to address the real problem with Cliff and his PCM and that's it, done deal...instead you mired your post up with cheap jabs at John. Not good business sense, and truely sad if you ask me. What a shame.

I think you've kinda shot yourself in the foot on this one. When you take cheap shots at your competitor it makes you look weak and worried. You should lay your cards on the table, let everyone know what you can offer and hold your head up high. Don't start whinning and pointing fingers at someone else to try and get the focus off your mistakes. Just take responsability for your actions and that's it. Know what I mean?

Oh well, this is just my opinion...maybe I'm the only one that sees it this way, but I doubt it.

Well Private, you don't see very well then. I am not a soldier for Randy. I am speaking for a friend of mine that makes a top of the line quality product that is sold by Vendors such as Randy. He is one of the Manufactures that Randy mentioned in his post that has set guidelines on his products because of John. May I suggest to you that you buy who ever you want from, but if I were Randy I would hope you would take your business elsewhere because you sound like you just like to whine about anything. After reading a post you think someone shot themselves in the foot. ha, ha, ha. You can tell you must not run a business or you would realize what I was saying.