Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Polls Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: Worst way for your car to leave you??
Stolen never to be found again? 26 50.98%
Massive accident & now it belongs to the Junk yard? 9 17.65%
Completely striped back to the shell by unknow car thieves? 4 7.84%
Smashed, spray painted and Set on Fire by Vadals? 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2003, 06:36 AM
Inactive User

Laugh ROFLMAO!!!! That's some Funny A-Team stuff!

Quote:
Originally posted by nhdriver
Back in the '70's A friend of mine had his VW microbus (yeah some people actually collect those things) stolen, after about a month I saw it w/ some long haired maggot driving it. I followed the guy, then called my friend he came over and we "stole " it back. It wasn't all bad though while the guy had it he put on new Michelins and replaced the clutch!
You should really piss him off and place a letter on his porch saying -
"The Clutch needs replacing again, Thanks."
Old 01-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Inactive User

I had a friend call me at work today and tell me he "possibly" just totaled his less than a year old '03 Silverado Sportside on the 2nd of Jan. He hit a patch of ice, spun the truck twice, jumped a ditch, hit a tree just behind the cab shattering the plastic bedsides and bending the frame (among other things), and spun two more times before coming to a stop in a field. Then to make matters worse, his dad was rushing to the hospital and lost control if HIS Toyota pick up and possibly totaled that too! He's kinda hoping with the damage to his truck that the insurance company will total it out so he can replace it, with a '04 Silverado Sportside, only getting a 4.8l V-8 and 5 speed instead of the 4.3 V-6 and 5 speed (I don't know why he got the V-6, so don't ask) and his dad's truck is old enough that its probably not worth fixing in the insurers eyes. Luckily both of them are ok, and really sore right now (no shock there, I'll bet). If anybody is wondering, he said he was behaving himself ( that's was one of the first things I asked him, even before finding out if he was ok) when he wrecked.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Inactive User

Just saw pics of the Silverado, he's one lucky kid! He bent everything! About all that survived was the passenger side door window, rims (stock), and maybe the right rear taillight! I guess the guy following him put his vehicle in the ditch he spun over, and the cop slid on the ice ( forgot to ask if he was on foot or in the squad car when he slid, though). Worst part is he has Allstate and they haven't even paid his claim yet! Luckily he kept his first car and only had to put a new alternator and battery in it to make it half way reliable.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally posted by nhdriver
Back in the '70's A friend of mine had his VW microbus (yeah some people actually collect those things) stolen, after about a month I saw it w/ some long haired maggot driving it. I followed the guy, then called my friend he came over and we "stole " it back. It wasn't all bad though while the guy had it he put on new Michelins and replaced the clutch!
You should have kicked his long haired hippie ass first. Car thieves deserve to be stomped into the dirt! or flogged
Old 02-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Inactive User

Default Stolen Super Bee

About15 yrs ago I Lived in Spokane Wa and got a 71 Super bee from a kid for an old pickup.The Bee had a blown 318 and was pretty rough but I put in a 838 2 barrel and straightened it some,Not too bad and then the kid came in the middle of the night withanother key and took it.I hadnt transfered the title yet and he got a duplicate and put it on a car lot for sale. I put out the word to everybody I knew and talked to the head of auto theft detail in spokane and got permission to steal it back if I could find it but police department couldnt spare the manpower to help.Took a couple weeks but I found her,put my key in and stole it back.Got it home, next morning nothing left but a shell,and towed it to a buisy street and forgot about it.About three years later I go to a friends house and there it was,another blown up 318,charger hood,but the same car.What a trip
Old 02-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Inactive User

Default stolen Nova

I had my '67 nova 350 3/4 cam compition clutch hurst 4spd. mags etc. stolen by a guy with a tow truck. When I found the Car they had just opened the trunk. I promptly put my Dog in the Car. then tried to get them to return my car. they tried to get me to pay for the tow. i offered in return an expense paid vacation at the bars motel instead. they finally saw it my way.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Inactive User

I would say stolen and never found. I have an uncle who lost a 1970 Charger R/T that way in 1981 and to this day it has not surfaced. We still talk about it and wonder where it is or what it is now.

Oh Well.....

Bob
Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 AM

Always thought this was a fun post so I thought I would bring it back. In 1986 I had to sell my 1969 GTX 440 4-speed, Dana for a mini van due to the birth of my kids. I know the move was prudent and had no real choice as a young father. But even today I tease my now grown kids that they owe me a $20k B-body. I had a friend (around the same year) who put his 1969 Barracuda (383 mag) on his trailer for a road and go trip. While out doing last minute shopping someone stoled the car and trailer out of his driveway in broad daylight. Car never found. There are many ways to lose your honey.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Inactive User

Seem to be missing one choice in the poll: "Cash for Clunkers".
Old 03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Inactive User

Stolen never to be found again, is the absolute worst I had one taken from me when I was 22 and it has bother me ever since even today.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Inactive User

I have to agree that losing it in a divorce would be the worst.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Having just finalized the divorce in October, She got the bills, and I got my Roadrunner. Short version was 2 yrs ago I got layed off and being home, I found a letter to her from a real estate agent. I opened it thinking it was one of those "Bob just sold his house down the street" letters and it turned out to be a one bedroom apartment lease with a "sign this, get it back to me and you can move in at the end of the week". Before she got home from work that day, I drove the roadrunner to my brother's, sold him the car for $1. In court, I was " I didn't know she was leaving and I sold my brother a car...." and the judge agreed I had the right to do what ever I wanted. The day of the DIvorce my brother was in the court room with the title and after the judge said "your divorced" and left, he gave me the signed title and I gave him $5. Just got lucky I saw that letter before she filed and left.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietdad View Post
The day of the DIvorce my brother was in the court room with the title and after the judge said "your divorced" and left, he gave me the signed title and I gave him $5. Just got lucky I saw that letter before she filed and left.
If this was Facebook, I would be hitting the "Like" button about right now!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Inactive User

Actually, any way that isn't voluntary, sucks.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Inactive User

Why isn't "divorce" listed as an option.... lolz

But seriously, definately if your car disappears never to be seen again. Because your imagination is worse than anything that reality brings. And you never get closure. That sucks.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoga View Post
If this was Facebook, I would be hitting the "Like" button about right now!
i was thinking the same thing