Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: I need a little more pep for my 1998 Avenger ES. Help!!!
Do they sell upgrade packages to convert my avenger ES to the R/Tpackage 0 0%
Does K&N sell acomplete airbox for my Avenger? 0 0%
Does the computer have a programmible system or do I have to change it out completely 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2002, 05:13 PM
Inactive User

Default First Mopar

My first Mopar was a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340. My brother called it a factory freak. Bone stock except for a set of hooker headers it ran low 13's sometimes into the high 12's. It was One of the most uglyiest sleepers around. Mostly ran it at Rocky Mountain raceway park in Salt Lake, Ut or at our local spot, which was a section of road near the airport here in Price Ut. To bad the cops don't have the sence of humor today as they did then.

I need some help? Anyone out their have any info for me on upgrading my 98 Avenger. It has the 24 valve V-6. Just want to add a little pep to it nothing to radical. If you can help send me an e-mail. My address is nascardad919@hotmail.com. Any help would greatly appreciated.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:48 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

I hope you came back to read this. I won't e-mail any info direct because other members might miss something for there ride.

Try the web. Look for a few companys that do things in the area of intrest for the car. Examples of mild hop ups might be like a ;
K&N filter or FIPK system.
A exhaust up grade. A cat back system from Dyno Max or Borla.
Hi flow cats. Hooker makes 'em.
An ingnition upgrade from MSD or Jacobs. Computer from MoPar?
Don't for get good wires and plugs. Upgrade the coil. Jacobs has a killer unit.
Possible rocker arm ratio change? Crane, Comp and Harland sharp are places to look.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:05 AM
Inactive User

Or you could add a 75hp shot of N2O..........PRO........