Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:34 AM

Question Can You Help?

Our participation on this board is almost none. What do you think is wrong? Any ideas to restore life to Moparchat?
Old 11-28-2015, 11:57 PM

Are new people able to create user names to participate? The reason I ask, I recently made my return here after many many years away but I forgot my password. I tried the password recovery and it didn't work. I never received an email with my password.

Then I tried to make a new username but I never received the confirmation email so I could never post. I tried emailing the "administrator" (whoever that is now) for help but never received a response. Are the systems for setting up new members automatic? It seems like signing up new members or helping old members reconnect is a little difficult. Luckily after some trial and error I remembered my login info. I'd like to see the board more active too though.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:45 AM

Open up Off Topic and bring Frankie back lol
Old 12-01-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Charger 440HP View Post
Are new people able to create user names to participate? The reason I ask, I recently made my return here after many many years away but I forgot my password. I tried the password recovery and it didn't work. I never received an email with my password.

Then I tried to make a new username but I never received the confirmation email so I could never post. I tried emailing the "administrator" (whoever that is now) for help but never received a response. Are the systems for setting up new members automatic? It seems like signing up new members or helping old members reconnect is a little difficult. Luckily after some trial and error I remembered my login info. I'd like to see the board more active too though.
I apologize for your troubles. Unfortunately, I have no control over any of the registration or password retrieval functions. I will once again appeal to the Forum Administrator.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietdad View Post
Off Topic is still there and Frankie left on his own. I also hope he will return.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:20 PM

14 posts in a month means it time to shut it down
Old 12-10-2015, 12:51 AM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ted View Post
14 posts in a month means it time to shut it down
That is the decision of the Administrator.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Inactive User

Everyone has gone facebook groups now. forums are a thing of the past or, at the very best, a dying breed. I still love them and their members so I peruse, but soooooooooo many are going ‘where it’s easy’.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:13 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietdad View Post
John and I generated traffic. That traffic went then spread out to all of the other forums and topics on MC.
It was admin's idea to do away with the political give and take between John and I, and others, The traffic slowed, and eventually disappeared.

Each site needs to have something to draw people to it. Inadvertently John and I, and a few others, including Dick, created a "draw".

Some of the more delicate people on the board didn't like our exchanges. Some ran away, and other bitched. But, still the draw was greater than the losses, until Admin stopped the politics.

I recommended that they make a "private political forum. One that couldn't be seen by the rest of the members, unless they not only joined MC, but also joined the political forum. I that way the more delicate members wouldn't be bothered by it. I suppose that suggestion wasn't appreciated and was ignored. Again, MC is here at Admin's pleasure.

Too bad, though. We actually missed a wonderful opportunity considering the "quality" of the candidates both parties fielded this campaign season.

btw, NO. I did not vote for Trump in the primaries, on Super Tuesday. lol
Old 04-26-2016, 11:56 PM

Biggrin

Frankie, good to see you stop in! You might recall that some of the political threads went off the deep end. Remember dwc43? The daily flogging he received was an attraction for many people. When he was removed, most of his abusers lost interest because the whipping boy was gone.

TK fell out of love with the board due in part to the crackdown on inappropriate threads. He thought he could do better and started his own no holds barred forum. A few from here followed in support. Even I joined to keep an ear to the ground. The forum lasted for a while but never really grew, as I recall.

Stoga contributed quite a bit but left because he focused on Toyota bashing and was spoken to about it. He would rather bash Toyota than discuss Mopars.

Chrysler hasn't introduced a product for years that would get the forum juices flowing. Our membership has aged and our interests have evolved. All of these issues have had an effect on active membership. I stop in often but seldom post because it has been difficult for me to come up with a topic that generates any interest.

Still, it appears that Circle Track is a pretty popular slot that has a few dedicated followers. Drag Racing is also popular.

So, perhaps a few will comment here and Frankie will hang around for a bit. I am hopeful.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Frankie, good to see you stop in! You might recall that some of the political threads went off the deep end.
"Some"? lol I would say most. But, geez! It was fun.

Quote:
Remember dwc43? The daily flogging he received was an attraction for many people. When he was removed, most of his abusers lost interest because the whipping boy was gone.
Yes I do remember him. He became an admin for a board that went south pretty quick. He would actually go into other people's posts and change the wording. I guess he thought that was funny.
Last I heard of him he was a mod on another board. That was about 5 years ago.

quote=Dick]Stoga contributed quite a bit but left because he focused on Toyota bashing and was spoken to about it. He would rather bash Toyota than discuss Mopars.[/quote]

Well, I suppose I had something to do with that... I posted a lot of Toyota links in Off topic. They were always a sure bet to steam up Phil's furnace.

Quote:
Chrysler hasn't introduced a product for years that would get the forum juices flowing. Our membership has aged and our interests have evolved.
I kind of like the new Diesel 1500 Pick up. Went and test drove one, and it's lackluster acceleration would take some getting used to. Goes pretty good one the turbo is spooled up, though. I still might take that plunge, but I've decided to wait until they have a few years under their belts to work out the kinks.

I've sold off both of my Cummings Rams. Still have my old 2000 Chevy, now approaching 350K miles, all original except for the radiator and the A/C compressor, and I replaced a planetary gear in the trans. I also still have my 2008 GMC Crew Cab. It now has 142K miles on it, and that's the one I'm looking to replace.
It's a real mover still though. It's a 5.3L, auto with a locker but it's been chipped, K&N'd, cammed and header'd. It has no problem keeping up with 5.7 Hemi trucks. It's been my "toy for the last few years.

Still have the 71 Swinger down in Bradenton, too.

Over the past few years Joyce has gone from a Durango, to a Toyota Rav4, to a Yukon LT, and now has a '16 Ford Explorer it's a 3.5-liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V-6,with 365 hp and 350 lb-ft, and it will scat! lol
That was her compromise for me. She wanted the 4 cylinder, but even that makes something like 310HP. It's no slouch, either, but, I'm a dinosaur, and I still need V block engines. lol

Quote:
All of these issues have had an effect on active membership. I stop in often but seldom post because it has been difficult for me to come up with a topic that generates any interest.
Besides the Hellcats ( which are WAY too expensive)and the other Hemi vehicles, FCA hasn't been making any waves. I'm STILL hoping that they put a Hemi in a Jeep Unlimited. I absolutely love the 4 door Wrangler idea, but I want more than a V6. and I want a warranty, too!

So, how's things at your end? Still have that Mega cab? I really liked that cab concept, It's just needed more bed length.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:18 AM

Biggrin

Hi Frankie! Yes, still have the Megacab. Ten years old and still under 80,000 miles. I would like a new truck but can't justify it. The only repairs needed were replacing broken exhaust manifold studs and upper ball joints.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Inactive User

Yep, damn good trucks.

80K miles! Geez! That's just starting to get good, there.