Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2000, 07:55 AM
Inactive User

Question

I just bought a 65 Barracuda with 33,000 original miles, perfect metal, no rust, perfect glass and chrome. It's an Arizona car (roller only, no engine or trans) so everything was rust free, but the interior was shot from the heat.

My questions:

Does anyone know of headers that will fit this car when a 340-360 motor is dropped in? Will headers fit at all? This car is too good to chop up for fender well headers, so they are out of the question.

This car has what appears to be a very small rear end. Could be a 7 1/4? What type is it and are gear ratios and parts available?

Does anyone have any rallye wheels or mag wheels of any type that fit this small 4 inch bolt pattern? If so, I am willing to buy them.

Has anyone swapped in a 340-360 with a 727 TF into one of these cars? If so, what kind of problems did you encounter and what should I watch out for?

The steering box has what appears to be to "fluid" ports..one on top and one slightly 45 degrees to one side above the other. Is this for a power steering tubes hook up?

Does anyone have trunk lid hinges for sale? One of my hinges is bent, leaving the trunk lid skewed open slightly.

Please answer any or all of these question here on the chat room, or you can e-mail me at moparmag@msn.com. I race a 70 Cuda, have a rear engine Mopar powered dragster, and a 74 Challenger Rallye show car. This is my first "old" Mopar project, and I could use the help.

Thanks,
John C. Hill