Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Inactive User

Default Road Runner Seat belt ?

Hi - Newbie here.
I recently found and bought a RR that the guy had stored for about 4 years. It has bench seats and 14 seat belts. I don't want to get a ticket ($101) on this and the state patrol is handing them out like candy. I figured out which ones go to which passenger. One of the problems I'm having installing the seat belts is finding the mounting holes. I found the mounting holes for the retractible ones by the doors but the other mounting holes are covered by the carpet/pad and I'm having fits trying to get the locations straight. Does anyone have an easier way of finding the belt mounting locations. I looked underneath and can't seem to find the correct spots - at least ones that make sense. A few good interior photos would clear things up tremendously.
Thanks,
DT
Old 05-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Inactive User

You really should be able to see the plates that are welded under the floor pan that are used for the attach points from under the car. Roll under there and take a scratch awl and poke it through the carpet. That's the easiest way. If that still doesn't work, I'll run out and take some pic's, I don't have any carpet in the car right now.

Z

UPDATE: I was bored so I ran out to the shop. The measurement shown is from the edge of the rear seat to the bolt. Hope this helps!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_Temp 006.jpg (48.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Inactive User

THANKS!!
Found the front center ones.
For some stupid reason I was convinced that the belts were on the flats not in the tunnel so I didn't even look there.
Have a great weekend.
DT