Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Restoring your MoPar (Tricks & techniques)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-21-2001, 01:16 PM
Inactive User

Default Performance vs Puriests

Hey guys,was just wondering if any of you ever visit the performance talk forum at all.If not im inviting you to maybe take a few minutes to check it out and read the thread posted by dart 440(you want to know what pi--es me off?).Would like to hear your opinions ,etc (the other side of the story so to speak)Its looking like a loppsided affair to me,or am i just stirring the pot?
Old 12-21-2001, 05:41 PM
Heavy Member

The Puriests will win at the Show. The Performance will win at the track. So lets just call it a draw. The hobby has room for both.
Old 12-21-2001, 07:52 PM
Inactive User

Actually everyone seems to be cool about that post.
I enjoy the restored and modified care equally. What I really like is the cars that have a nice cosmetic restoration, but have been modified for more dependability and performance.
At the Mopar Nationals I was talking to the owner of the green 1970 GTX Convertible which has been in several magazines. The guy who owns it was really cool and pointed out some tricks done to the car that many people would never notice.
What I am saying is if you have seen this car, but not looked at it really close it looks like a pure restoration, but it had some changes to make it better than original.

I think the post was more about those few people who either think they are better than everyone else, or the few who insist on finding a falt with whatever car they look at.

A good post for debate would be how do you think the cars value and colectability is changed when it is modified?
Old 12-21-2001, 10:26 PM
Inactive User

Everyone's car is special. Whether its a 100 point restoration or modified, these cars were built to be driven and enjoyed. There is plenty of room in this hobby for everyone.
Old 12-23-2001, 02:08 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Everyone here is rational about it. After reading the post I had to respond as I know the poster. I don't know where he is even coming from. He has a cobbled together 72 dart that works very well, all the power to him(especially seeing as he is a teen and lives at home). But his Hemi rant is ridiculous as is his car show rant. I think he has spent too much time listening to others rather than actually living. Hmmmm.... guess I'm ranting now, sorry