Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-24-2000, 10:08 PM
Inactive User

Question

Has anybody installed a turbo-timer on a '85 shelby charger? I got myself a turbo timer for chistmas and I can't figure out which wires to hook to. Need to hook into 1) 12 volt always-- 2.) 12v at key in w warning lamp on and 12v w/igition turned to start 3.) 12 v instrument warning light with key in and 0 v with key turned to start-(same as ACC?)--I have a chiltons manual w/ wire diagram but it's not very clear to me. prefer replys from those who have actually installed one already on similar vehicle--please help!--thanks!!
Old 12-25-2000, 04:08 PM
Inactive User

sorry i cant help with ur problem , but i was just wondering if u knew where the voltage regulators are on these omnis. i have an omni glh , which i have put an intercooler on . i have an alternator or v.r.problem i replaced the alt. but cant even find the regulator , can u help?
Old 12-27-2000, 05:57 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Eureka I found it!!After 4-hours upside down with a multi-meter- was finally successful in hooking-up turbo-timer.-Wires as follows for 85 shelby charger: all located in the plugs on steering column near bottom of dash-->1.) 12v power always= BIG PINK WIRE W/BLK tracer 2.)Ignition wire 12v hot with warning lights in dash on / key in run /acc and 12v while starter turning over=SMALL LIGHT BLUE WIRE. 3.) ignition wire 12v at warning lights in dash on / key in run / acc )Ov while starter turning over=SMALL BLACK WIRE W/RED TRACER-just below big red wire 4.) parking brake light indicator wire=SMALL BLACK WIRE just below big brown wire (timer kills motor running after key removed if parking brake released)-it works so it must be ok-sorry i don't know where volt. reg. is
Old 01-11-2001, 05:18 AM
Inactive User

not sure on the turbo timer thing but the VR is in the Computer.
Old 01-11-2001, 05:27 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Foster:
not sure on the turbo timer thing but the VR is in the Computer.
I got the turbo timer hooked-up now the fan won't kick-on while cars running in timer mode with key removed. almost overheated when i set the timer for 4-5 minutes-anybody have a suggestion for getting the fan to work during timer running mode?