Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Ebay Auction Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 AM

I have sold some stuff on Ebay in the past, But w/ the restrictions & the Paypal fees, I just use Craig's list You can't beat free!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Inactive User

I sell on ebay all the time and although I put Paypal as the preferred payment method, I take other forms of payment, especially if someone asks specifically. I'd rather get paid outside of paypal, moneybookers, propay and the other forms they "allow" you to accept.

FYI there are free insertion fees for listings through January 2nd. I know that's when I list more than I usually do. This special is for non store owners and of course I opted for a store because of the lower insertion fees for store owners....AGGHGH

Seller Special
September 28 - January 7

# FREE Insertion Fees for up to 100 Auction-style listings every month
# List even big-ticket items—start the bidding where you want
# Pay only if your item sells
Old 10-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Inactive User

Ebay Can Suck My A$$ !!!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:33 PM

I finally bit the bullet and joined Paypal. I was waiting to see if they got the majority of their problems straightened out and it appears they have. However, I am still proceeding cautiously , but it's been good for selling and buying low ticket items at any rate.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Inactive User

Stoga, I have been using PayPal for something like 9 years and have never had one problem with it. Almost 400 transactions, buying and selling, no problems!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Unhappy

Stoga has been gone over a year.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Inactive User

340GTS : I agree. I used to use Pay Pal alot also. Then they sent me a notice because I spent over 10k I needed to give them direct access to the bank account number. You already give them access to your account when you sign up. The whole thing sounded like a bunch of crap so I quit using them. Then for about a year every time I spent a couple of hundred bucks I sent Pay Pal a note just to let them know what they weren't getting. But eventually I got bored with that too! LOL!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Inactive User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Stoga has been gone over a year.
I rec'd an email yesterday that said a new post had been made to this thread. So I was replying to that. Did the new post get deleted?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM

Biggrin

No, nothing deleted. The notification was probably my reply about him being gone for a year.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Inactive User

That makes no sense. I clicked on the link in the email, which took me directly to Stoga's post of 5-13-11. Without looking at who's post it was or when it was posted, I replied. Hours later you wrote your first reply to me. LOL.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:25 AM

Biggrin

Whoops, brain fart. There WAS a post in this thread that I deleted. It was a spammer who had sneaked on the board and had posted in several threads before he was caught. He was banned and the posts deleted.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340_GTS View Post
Stoga, I have been using PayPal for something like 9 years and have never had one problem with it. Almost 400 transactions, buying and selling, no problems!
This makes no difference. There are plenty of stories by people who have been screwed by some hangup with Paypal.

Further, Ebay should NOT have the right to demand what sort of payment you use.

Ebay so far as I'm concerned is completely out of control

You have people forced to charge ridiculous shipping fees to cover up the even more ridiculous ebay fees

The feedback system is completely broken and meaningless. Some of my worst puchases were "power sellers" and others with high feedback, and in one case, over a 30 dollar camera lens adapter which was defective, the seller called me more than 5 times from back east, and must have spent more than 60 dollars worth of employee time trying to AVOID giving me a refund.

I used to buy a LOT of stuff on ebay, mostly electronic test equipment. I've spent thousands of dollars in the past through there, but seldom go there anymore

My Motorola RF service monitors, HP spectrum analyzers, O scope, and several other nice pieces all came from there some time ago.

Further, the search system is a completely useless PITA. Such things that should be vigorously enforced by ebay, such as key word spamming, is off the charts. And there is NO enforcement of obviously illegal sales either. I've reported hundreds of illegal, misrepresented, and spam sales with no results.

I'm an amateur radio operator. A couple -three years ago, a bunch of us would get on the air late on 160m, and laugh at some of the worst sales. So we'd do a "group report" for some violation, just to see what happened. NADA.

The fact that ebay remains so active just proves how stupid we all are to continue to use it.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Inactive User

I needed to buy something direct in America from Australia and bit the bullet and signed up with PayPal, transaction went through as per what I read then PayPal said that new rules would add a couple more percentage to trans action if I used my CC or I could give them my bank details. I needed to purchase some more parts so again used PayPal directly from my account this time and everything went smoothly, then they informed me that rules would change and a couple of percentage points would be added. They sucker you in and change the rules, since then I have just used my CC and seller didn't mind, remember also they charge extra to change from US$$ to AU$$.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Inactive User

Besides charging for listing & paypal fees. They are also charging a percentage on your shipping fees. Does not sound legal.