Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Inactive User

:shock: 750 avs on my 273

common sense tells me not to ask,but i'm going to anyway.can i jet my 750 avs down enough to work on my 273, and if so,what jets will get me in the ball park?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Inactive User

Default listen

listen closely to your common sence.
Unless you have a LOT of cam and use it for high rpm use only.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

DD is right. It can be done, but you'll have to figure it out as far as jetting goe's.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Inactive User

I can't see why it wouldn't work for you, after all it is the Air Valve Secondary that can be adjusted for bog-free operation no matter what you are running. Remember the TQ, it came on any motor and because of the air door adjustment, it was very universal. Find out what your carb has in it right now for jets and metering rods, then step back a few sizes and see how that works. Its gonna be a lot of tinkering but I had to do it with my 340 with the 630 AVS. Wish I had found the 750 AVS! Patience is the key. Check your plugs after a W.O.T. run and see how it works. Maybe its alright "as is".
Old 11-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Inactive User

I don't think the jetting would be that far off, and like Mr. Mopar says, you can adjust the secondary air valve and make it work. Not ideal maybe, but I think it will work.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:29 PM
Inactive User

thanks for the input guys
Old 11-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

brent;

I would be interested in that carb if you don't want it or won't use it.
I also have a Carter 625 sittin here collecting dust.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Inactive User

Brent - Rumble's deal would be better for you.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Inactive User

hey rumblefish i'm all for that trade,you don't happen to have a small port intake to go with that 625 do you?the number on my carb is L9 4738-S.the guy i bought it from said it was a 750 off of a 70 440 magnum in a charger.i know it's an avs.any way,what's the best way to go about trading.i live in canada and i've never shipped to the states before.can i just pack it up and send it,or is there something i have to do for the border?
Old 11-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

A small port intake? You mean a Performer with 273/318 port windows. Sorry, no. Off hand, I don't know of another small port intake. Just the Performer.
Quote:
the number on my carb is L9 4738-S.the guy i bought it from said it was a 750 off of a 70 440 magnum
I do not have access to my numbers right now. I'm on vaction in Richmond Va. I'll be back in N.Y. by Fri. and I'll check the numbers.
Unless a member can tell me what you have there. Just to check.
Measure the bore of the bbl. @ the bottom of the carb and tell me the size.
I can check into shipping across the boarder. I really never thought about it. I figured just address it and send it. (?)
Go on down to your post office and check it out. You'll beat me to the info.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Inactive User

Default Lick it, stick it, stamp it... sender out ;)

You shouldn't have a problem sending to the states and vise versa.... just make sure you get a tracking number and have patients.... the boarder will hold it up abit. but it will get to where its going. Do either of you happen to live near the boarder? I'm from a boarder town so i know what its like dealing with customs... sometimes its just easier to go over and send a package or pick it from a shipping warehouse like I normally did when i orderd from summit
Old 11-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Inactive User

if i get a package from the states will i have to pay duty on it? or is that just for new parts?i once ordered some exhaust tips for my gtx($80 u.s.)and they ended up costing over 200 bucks after the boarder. i'm 1\2 hour from the states, what do mean by picking up a a shipping warehouse?thanx for the tip!
Old 11-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Inactive User

Duty is just on new items... if you really want to get down to it they shouldn't of charged you duty (only tax) cause its a "part" and not an assembled item. Although it may vary from province to province? I've only payed the 15% tax to bring over parts from summit. When I order my parts i send them to a furniture warehouse which is also the UPS depot... they charge a small fee to hold it there untill you come and get it.. (like $2usd depending on the size) you might wanna look into that next time you cross over to the states.
In the case of the carb swap, if you had a friend or knew of one of these "depots or warehouses" where you could pick it up then you can bring it over... they can't charge you for buying somehting you got for free so if they have a phone number to call rumblefish360 and he says that he gave it too you then your home free cut two weeks wait off ( <---- Just guessing) and probably some shipping costs.
Since you don't live on the boarder I'd just send it by mail... probably the easiest.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Well, I am giving it to him as he's giving me a part as well. So, there free. I'm in N.Y. Fishin in the Atlantic.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Inactive User

hey rumble:good news i was talking to a freind last night that moves a lot of vw parts between canada and the us, and he told me i can get you to send your carb to his warehouse in seattle i will send you mine from the post office in blaine washington, it is only about 45 minutes from here.that should cut out about 2 weeks of being tied up at the border.
good luck with the fishing,my cousin went yesterday caught some nice big salmon.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

E-,mail me @ rumblefish360, at, @hotmail.com for mailing info and I'll send it right out. Will make the swap asap.