Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Inactive User

Default my curent project ( VR440 )

It is a 93 3000GT/Stealth body with a 95 Stealth front clip and a fuel injected 440 with 518overdrive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front1.jpg (84.3 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg front3.jpg (90.9 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg vr440enginebay2.jpg (72.5 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0029.JPG (117.0 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM0031.JPG (120.1 KB, 192 views)
Old 09-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Inactive User

Default more pictures

more pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front-1.jpg (57.2 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg frint-2.jpg (48.9 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg drivers-side.jpg (72.2 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg pass-side.jpg (74.1 KB, 161 views)
Old 09-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Inactive User

Dude... thats awesome!, I love the body style of the Stealths, its a shame that they stopped making them.

got any timeslips for it yet?

also what kinda FI setup are you running with it?
Old 09-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Banned

Biggrin

I want one ....
Old 09-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Inactive User

The front suspention is all ARCA stockcar basically tubular mustang II.

No time slips yet hope to have it running in the next 2 weeks.

I may bring it to Monster Mopar weekend in St. Louis just as a roller .
Old 09-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Inactive User

I see you are running a holley projection. it's a good unit. I ran one on my 440 for two years, it was a projection 4,analog. easy to tune. I switched back to a carb because I wanted it to go faster in the 1/4, but for driveablilty, you can't beat those.

I would love to see more on how you did the conversion. there was a mopar mag a while back where the guy put a 360/340 into a conquest, but your car is much nicer. does it have the full interior still? will this be a street car?
very cool.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkn1997
I see you are running a holley projection. it's a good unit. I ran one on my 440 for two years, it was a projection 4,analog. easy to tune. I switched back to a carb because I wanted it to go faster in the 1/4, but for driveablilty, you can't beat those.

I would love to see more on how you did the conversion. there was a mopar mag a while back where the guy put a 360/340 into a conquest, but your car is much nicer. does it have the full interior still? will this be a street car?
very cool.
Been there & done that with the Conquest. Mine was a 360 & ran 11.40 through the mufflers on street tires. The guy from the magazine actually took measurements off of my car @ the Mopar Nats in Indy. It just got a little carried away & I wanted something a little more streetable. Instead of cutting up that & changing it, I just started over with something a little newer. I currently own 3 Stealth RT/TT's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg conquest 360.jpg (66.4 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg conquest.jpg (36.3 KB, 139 views)
Old 09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

got the chassis painted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg painted 1.jpg (49.1 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg painted 2.jpg (45.4 KB, 122 views)
Old 09-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Inactive User

Man that thing is Badass! what rearend did you use for it? 8 3/4? is it a full cage car? Very cool!
Old 09-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINK71T/A
Man that thing is Badass! what rearend did you use for it? 8 3/4? is it a full cage car? Very cool!
No I am running the stock independent rear for now a shop that specializes in stealths and 3000GTs sead it will hold 500HP with no problem! I just hope it will handel the tork. If not I have 3 spairs so I can brake one and then coil over and lader bars ,or 4 linke it with a 8 3/4.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:29 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406RR
more pictures
What else can be said about your ride - totally awesome and inspiration to many - thank you for taking the time to share the pic's
Old 09-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Inactive User

I see your just using the rear setup out of a AWD stealth/3000 very cool, by the way where did you get that Viper GTS style hood? Im just stunned! i have always loved the Stealth and 3000's and with that 440 makes it that much better! although i know of a 3000 GTO that will seriously eat pavement being of the TT AWD family! ive never ridden in it but he said he's seen high 11's in it and he listed off quite a few mods! But i would still rather have one setup like yours! (Hmmm i have a 72 400 and a steel 440 rotating assembly..and i know where i can get a 94 Stealth with no motor,tranny or interior for $550 bucks Hmmmm!)
maybe after i finish the Challenger! Did you weld the front framerails just into the lower unibody structure and the upper tubes to the firewall? Once again Very bitchin'
Old 09-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Here are pictures from Monster Mopar Weekend.

The hood is sold by highway515 from 3SI it is a little pricey but I think it is worth it. It fits very well for a fiberglass hood

If you don't wont that 94 stealth body let me know I would be very interested in it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 586ac536.jpg (77.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg e1602862.jpg (61.1 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 4d5b5865.jpg (70.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 09-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Inactive User

The frame sets in side the original frame boxes on the bottom of the fire wall . The same for the down bars they are set in the upper frame boxes.All the boxes were plated and welded solid before hand. the role cage is tied in to the frame and rockers it is very strong and is NHRA certifiable.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Inactive User

Hey thanks for all the info man and more pics! by the way the stealth body is a 91 and In mishawaka IN, it's in the Indiana Auto & RV magazine they had a few other stealths in there just go to their web page www.auto-rv.com i would buy it but need to finish up my Challenger. Keep up the work man and keep those Imports scratchin their heads!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Inactive User

okay, yeah the car is cool and shit, yadda yadda nice job on the fabricating and etc.

but may i ask why? you've taken a vehicle capable of insane fuel milage, 1000 mile roadtrips with nary a wind whistle or hint of vibration at speeds in excess of 100 mph the entire time with the a/c on. not to mention handling that far outpaces most any other vehicle with the same luxuries (and therefore weight), and reduced it to a nothing. a car unwanted by 99% of people because muscle car guys don't like imports and import guys don't like big, heavy inefficient engines from way back in the day. now the car lacks the styling of our muscle machines and can't even make up for it with stellar handling, fuel milage, ride quality.

i am just wondering if you have too much money and this was just a fun project to satisfy your curiosity, or perhaps someone bet you that you couldn't blow one of those mitsu rear ends up? because if that car hooks those independant axles are gonna fly right through those fenders!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Inactive User

BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmopars .inc
okay, yeah the car is cool and shit, yadda yadda nice job on the fabricating and etc.

but may i ask why? you've taken a vehicle capable of insane fuel milage, 1000 mile roadtrips with nary a wind whistle or hint of vibration at speeds in excess of 100 mph the entire time with the a/c on. not to mention handling that far outpaces most any other vehicle with the same luxuries (and therefore weight), and reduced it to a nothing. a car unwanted by 99% of people because muscle car guys don't like imports and import guys don't like big, heavy inefficient engines from way back in the day. now the car lacks the styling of our muscle machines and can't even make up for it with stellar handling, fuel milage, ride quality.

i am just wondering if you have too much money and this was just a fun project to satisfy your curiosity, or perhaps someone bet you that you couldn't blow one of those mitsu rear ends up? because if that car hooks those independant axles are gonna fly right through those fenders!
Whoa there tiger; If i had a spare BB, and a body of a car with no motor, wanting to put them together is a no-brainer.. Hell, if i had a mid 80s Celica body, i'd put my spare 318 in it, just for giggles.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Inactive User

hey fastmopars sounds like you know nothing, first it is cool because 95% of people can't do anything like that (including you) and secondly to be different and some of the baddest imports are rear-wheel drive, TT Supra comes to mind real quick so i don't buy you import guy's won't like it BS that is your racist point of view i have many freinds that i have done paintjobs on their various Civics, Del sols and other import variants and they still think my Challenger is cool so i don't buy it and im Die-hard mopar but if i had extra cash id buy a 6-speed TT Supra and i respect those cars as well. so im sorry you have to bash on stuff that you could never build but thats the way most whiny-ass kids do!
Old 09-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Inactive User

Quote:

I did it to be different most of the stealth guys love this project! The rear you may be right about but we will see dymamic racing has one in the 10 with NO rear end failures at all 550 HP. to the rear wheels with no failures. If it brakes I have 2 more and a 8 3/4 with coil over and laderbars in the waiting. This car has all ARCA stock car front suspention so I dont think handling will be a problem with the right adjustments, tires ,and wheels. The Stealths get 18 to 25 mpg the 518 and fuel injection should help the 440 get better then the 12 my 440 muscle cars get.If not I do have 2 other Stealth R/T Twin Turbos
Old 09-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Inactive User

This it what it looked like before I started
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VR4Reiders.jpg (43.0 KB, 94 views)
Old 09-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406RR
This it what it looked like before I started
damn, you did a pretty good job. kudos
Old 09-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Inactive User

Okay well i guess my post did not come across the right way to everyone but 4406RR. first of all i think it's pretty naive to make a negative statement about my fabrication skills when for all you know i could be a fully initiated boilermaker with access to a shop where i could practically build an entire car from angle iron.

"to be different" has never been the wrong answer for anything so, although not how i would have done it, excellent job on the car as a whole. it sounds like you thoroughly planned it out with the stock car front suspension pieces and etc, but one part of your theory seems a little unexplained.

basically, the inertia of the reciprocating assembly in that little 3.0L v6 that the other stealth with 550 hp has under the hood is maybe half of a big block mopar. as well, when you leave the line with that 440, you can't really regulate how hard the power hits the driveline. you go from 0-100% pretty much instantly, where-as in a boosted application you leave the line relatively soft compared to the power the motor is making when under full boost. i guess this is probably why you went with an auto tranny vs a 4 or 5 speed unit, as i would have thought the manual to be the only way when doing a sports car type build. either way i have seen enough destroyed independant rear ends from every manufacturer to stay away from them when approaching real power levels.

in my town there is a guy with a 302 in an rx7, and he doesn't fit in with any crowd. the mazda guys put him down for not just building a rotary engine, and ford guys don't even know what they are looking at when they see the car, they just hear 5.0L mustang and get all confused because they can't see an f-body in sight.

my idea of doing something different would have been to take a 70's boogie van and put that 440 in it, along with some slots and side pipes. paint it orange with a mural or two and it's off to the races. you could be whoopin camaro's all day long with a van full of chicks, maybe even a bed in the back =)

under full power if each motor makes the same peak hp they would use the same amount of fuel. but the stealth engine is many more times efficient in making power in pretty much every way. it just isn't a real mopar, so it just doesn't have the sheer grunt of a big block dodge
Old 09-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Okay well i guess my post did not come across the right way to everyone but 4406RR. first of all i think it's pretty naive to make a negative statement about my fabrication skills when for all you know i could be a fully initiated boilermaker with access to a shop where i could practically build an entire car from angle iron.

"to be different" has never been the wrong answer for anything so, although not how i would have done it, excellent job on the car as a whole. it sounds like you thoroughly planned it out with the stock car front suspension pieces and etc, but one part of your theory seems a little unexplained.

basically, the inertia of the reciprocating assembly in that little 3.0L v6 that the other stealth with 550 hp has under the hood is maybe half of a big block mopar. as well, when you leave the line with that 440, you can't really regulate how hard the power hits the driveline. you go from 0-100% pretty much instantly, where-as in a boosted application you leave the line relatively soft compared to the power the motor is making when under full boost. i guess this is probably why you went with an auto tranny vs a 4 or 5 speed unit, as i would have thought the manual to be the only way when doing a sports car type build. either way i have seen enough destroyed independant rear ends from every manufacturer to stay away from them when approaching real power levels.

in my town there is a guy with a 302 in an rx7, and he doesn't fit in with any crowd. the mazda guys put him down for not just building a rotary engine, and ford guys don't even know what they are looking at when they see the car, they just hear 5.0L mustang and get all confused because they can't see an f-body in sight.

my idea of doing something different would have been to take a 70's boogie van and put that 440 in it, along with some slots and side pipes. paint it orange with a mural or two and it's off to the races. you could be whoopin camaro's all day long with a van full of chicks, maybe even a bed in the back =)

under full power if each motor makes the same peak hp they would use the same amount of fuel. but the stealth engine is many more times efficient in making power in pretty much every way. it just isn't a real mopar, so it just doesn't have the sheer grunt of a big block dodge
This guy goes to the trouble to post pics of his project and you bash it? and yes, when you refer to his effort as yadda yadda, tell him that he basically wasted his time because nobody will accept his car, it's not a real mopar, and, oh yes....he turned into nothing. THAT'S BASHING HIM. you basically told him that "your car sucks, but nice job" so throwing some praise in there makes it ok....no

The whole point here is to share information. When a newer member comes on here and reads this thread and what you did, he might just think twice about posting because nobody wants to be told that thier project is a waste.

then you say that building a van with a big block and some murals would be better?

Ok, go out find a boiler and some angle iron and build something better than he did. Then you can post about it and I bet nobody would be as rude as your were to 446RR.

and your theory about import guys not liking his car is absurd. How is it, then, that both Fast and Furios movies, which are targeted to the younger import crowd, featured muscle cars as major components of the plot? car guys are car guys. Import guys are doing most of the same stuff that traditional hotrodders have been doing for years, so they can appreciate the "cool" factor of what 4406RR did. also, how about pimp my ride? they customize lots of muscle cars from what I have seen. How come on the weekends, when spike TV does the power block, they put tunervision AND horsepower TV on?
Old 09-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

Quote:

You have NOT ridden in a Twin Turbo Stealth if you think they are soft off the line my 95 has a best of 1.58 60' matts car has a best of some ware in the low 1.4s 60' times.

have fun with your boogy van
Old 09-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Inactive User

Well........ 440 Dont listen to any thing negative about your project. I wish I had half your talent and motivation. Then I might be able to get my three "dusty" projects of the ground. keep up the good work........Craig in Fla
Old 01-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Inactive User

finaly back on my little project
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vr440 1-18-05 1.jpg (48.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg vr440 1-18-05 2.jpg (47.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg vr440 1-18-05 3.jpg (48.4 KB, 80 views)
Old 01-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Inactive User

more pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vr440 1-18-05 4.jpg (56.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Vr440 1-18-05 5.jpg (66.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 01-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Inactive User

so here is 2 more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vr440 1-18-05 6.jpg (49.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Vr440 1-18-05 7.jpg (43.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 01-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Inactive User

A couple questions..... What's your ground clearance with your oil pan, and what does it weigh? By the way, very nice!

torch
Old 01-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Inactive User

I respect your ambition and your ability to see this project out of a wrecked car.
I too am in to building things that are different, I love it when people see anything I own and I tell them how I made this or that.
I wish your flash was a little better on the under side of the car, you have me thinking of doing the same thing. keep the pictures coming and keep up the good work.