Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Inactive User

Default Review: Jim's Auto parts

Well after being told that I may get hassled or have possible problems with Jim's auto parts I can say I truly didn't have that problem. My package arrived on time and was well packed. Everything was there and it was the only place that I could get a 3/8 fuel sending unit for a 73 b-body.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Glad to hear it went smooth. Did ya look into year one?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 PM

buy lottery tickets since you are the luckiest man alive.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblefish360
Glad to hear it went smooth. Did ya look into year one?

Yes, but year one only stocks the early (popular/unafforadable to me) b-body 3/8 fuel line. They had a fuel sending unit but it was 5/16. Being that I have a later and not so widely liked b-body I find it extremely difficult to find anything for it, so I figured why not.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Inactive User

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ted
buy lottery tickets since you are the luckiest man alive.

That bad????
Old 02-04-2005, 05:22 AM
Inactive User

Gripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar4LIF
That bad????
Worse.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ 440R/T
Worse.
How so NZ?
Old 02-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Inactive User

Sending unit

Mopar4LIF; I had my sending unit rebuilt and had the 3/8 line installed at the same time. It was half the cost of what year one wanted.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar4LIF
How so NZ?
Mate where do I begin. They stuffed me around so much it's not funny. My shipping prices were, lets say "over-priced". They added an extra $200-$300 US on our shipping bill for there so called "shipping and handling fees". Only found out when checking the bank statements and buy that time we had already received 3 orders and given them close to $800 US on top of the normal shipping rates which were bad enough. There manner on the phone is down right rude, VERY unprofessional and I'm not the only one to complain. Never get to emails and if they do I'm either 1 year older or I have already found that part somewhere else.
No confirmation emails to say, "Hello Sir your order will be shipped.....and here's your tracking number. Have a great day."

I'll ALWAYS use Yearone, overpriced some say, by bugger all!! $0-$10.00 is stuff all when you get what you pay for, quickly, with emails and confirmations the following day 1 week shipping to New Zealand. It's peace of mind for us overseas and local buyers knowing that we are in good hands and are dealing with the best in the buisness.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Inactive User

Default My grandma said, never miss an opportunity to pee

Okay, let me explain the relevance of the quote. I am not going to miss this opportunity to vent my spleen about Jim's.

I live about 15 miles from Jim's and my oil pump went out. I looked on Jim's website and got some prices. I then called the store to confirm he had in stock what I needed and the hours of operation.

I drove out to Jim's and asked for the parts. The prices were quite a bit higher because I wasn't ordering them off the web. I don't remember how much higher but think it was about 15%. I showed the person the prices from the webpage and she said that the prices probably went up (in the hour since I downloaded the webpage).

Fuming, I reluctantly bought the parts since I only had the weekend to do the work.

I wrote to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to complain about unfair business practices. They pursued the matter and Jim responded with "well, he didn't have to buy the parts, did he?" Great customer service!

I just did a search on the BBB http://www.concord.bbb.org/commonrep...ml?bid=3002676 and found the following:

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints. a pattern of no response to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau a pattern of failure to eliminate the basic cause of customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 8 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 8 complaints closed in 36 months, 3 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned:

1 Advertising Issues,
2 Selling Practices,
2 Delivery,
1 Service / Repairs, and
2 Refund Promised.

They were closed as:

1 Administratively Judged Resolved, and
7 No Response.

Bottom line: you got lucky! It may not happen again.

AVOID JIM'S AUTO!

Terry
Old 02-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Inactive User

If this is Jim's in New Hampshire we're talking about, I would strongly discourage anybody from dealing with them. I was burnt this Christmas:

I bought a set of MP 273-360 hydraulic lifters for my little brother's Challenger for Christmas. They were $4.15 a piece online. I placed the order, didn't get a confirmation, and parts didn't show up. After three calls to a useless hag with zero business sense and no professionalism, I finally received the parts with a whopping bill! Instead of $66.40 plus shipping, my credit card was charged $106.96 with shipping! After several emails with no response, I gave up on the idea of calling broadzilla again. Sure enough, they jacked the prices on the website and overcharged me on ground shipping from NH to MA. They suck. Pay through the nose to Year One. At least they're accountable.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Inactive User

Wow, this is valuable information. I've almost purchased from Jim's before. Luckily, my natural hesitation to jump into internet purchases has saved me a lot of grief, apparently.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:58 AM

Exclamation

I wonder if this is the same Jim's Auto that started out as Jim's Tire in Claremont, NH back in the late 70's. He did well and later moved to a much bigger place and changed the name to Jim's Tire and Auto. He had a big line of performance parts and became a very popular place to do business. He had a really hot Buick Grand National and a big Chevy dually. He did very well for several years and then one day he vanished. I heard he lost the store because of legal issues and he left town. The rumors flew around for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if he started over someplace else.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the info.
I was about to order some chrome rocker panels for my chally but instead, I ordered em this morning from the paddock.