Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Inactive User

LOL New To This Forum...Hi!

Well heres the story! About a year and a half ago I sold my baby and first car...a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger 225 Slant 6.. We had a baby (the human kind) that was a few months old and we were broke. Since that day I have been searching for my dear yellow boat. Well Sunday Jan. 21, 07 I just happen to be on C'List searching for a car and I saw her..my baby! Wow, What an amazing feeling...it was like seeing a child that had gone missing! Well not even 24 hours later I had the title in my hand! I got to drive my baby 20 miles home and she drove great! This car has so much setimental meaning to me, its my first car, my dad and I spent weekends and evenings working on it...I just lost my dad in Septemeber and just to have something he touched feels amazing. Stories like my dad almost killing me for breaking the motor mounts a 2nd time...ha...he was so mad! Only because he knew I was driving my baby like a race car. I have learned though, my little slant 6 is just a cruzer for me and the human baby girl thats in my life! Its great cruzin around town, I cant wait to actually be down at Cruzin Grand...Its a weekly car show here summer!

Aww. Enough of my rambling! I am here to learn everything I can, I am a mopar fanatic! I plan on restoring a few, but this one is going to be in my garage forever! I plan on keeping some original and some will be modded. I will add pictures when its alittle bit brighter outside, its still 6am! I am sure I will be spending alot of time in this section, I plan on doing most of the work my self, and with out my dad around I am going to need all the help I can get!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Good story and welcome aboard.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Inactive User

Congrats on finding your car, and welcome to MoparChat!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Inactive User

Default :) Thanks

Really, I cant say enough, I have learned alot just checking out old posts! Cant wait to learn more!
Old 01-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Inactive User

Welcome! You can learn a lot here if you ignore all the political garbage going on lately.

What part of Escondido are you in? Maybe I've seen your Dart before, is it (now) primer gray?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Inactive User

Welcome aboard, moparchic.
I understand what you mean, when I popped up the hood of my recently aqcuired aspen (because that's the only thing I could buy after my divorce)and I saw that SUPER SIX sticker on the air cleaner assembly, man, something got crazy and unbounded in my head and I've been working on the car, buying parts and repair manuals ever since. Just like i've been possessedd by the ghost of the old lady that appears on the back seat of my aspen coupe (just kidding).
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Inactive User

Welcome! I love the old swinger body style. My first mopar was a '72 Swinger. It wasn't a /6 though, I bought it with a blown up 318 and built a bad @zz X-Headed small block for it! I had a lot of fun times with that car. Sadly, I haven't seen it since I sold it in 1989. I'm sure its gone forever by now because even back then, it had a lot of rust issues. Maybe someday I'll find another one for sale that is worthy of rebuilding AND that is worth the asking price to me. So far, I have not because unfortunately for me, old Mopars are nearly non existant where I live.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Inactive User

I guess I got pretty lucky out here, I bought it in 00 for $800. from my dads boss, then sold it for 1200, and just bought it for 2750 with the entire interior redone and some new original pieces either put on that were in the trunk or found from other darts. I cant believe it! I dont think its a bad price!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the great intro and welcome to the board!!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Inactive User

Good story. Welcome to the board.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Inactive User

Welcome to the board, and sorry about your Dad...
Old 01-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Inactive User

I hope my daughter has a similar story someday....and my son for that matter. That something I touched would mean so much to them. For they will both have at least one Mopar in there collection. Since I've joined, I've gotten 2 more Mopars, and please forgive me guys, but I bought a 71 Maverick too. So I should be got4moparsandaford, but its too long. I'll keep what I got. Anyway, welcome chic, nice to have you here.--John
Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Inactive User

Smile

Thanks John! I am sure they will, anyone who grows up with cars in their life has it in their blood, there isnt a time I remember with out the smell of grease somewhere, wether it be at home in the driveway, or at my dads shop. Eitherway, I will raise my daugther the same way...and I CANT wait to say that I have more then one Mopar!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Inactive User

Hey Chic, My first car was a 76 Dart 4 door, with a slant. Wasnt cool like a Charger or Challenger, but when your 17 you take what you can get right?
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Pop in Sept. also, he was up there in years, so I guess I could kinda prepare for it. Hope your doing well and welcome to moparchat. These guys/gals know everything about "Ma Mopar" and her parts. Craig
Old 03-04-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moparchic72
Thanks John! I am sure they will, anyone who grows up with cars in their life has it in their blood, there isnt a time I remember with out the smell of grease somewhere, whether it be at home in the driveway, or at my dads shop. Either way, I will raise my daughter the same way...and I CAN'T wait to say that I have more then one Mopar!
First of all, welcome and sorry about your dad...

From what you say, you might well be a '72 model just like your car. I have one of those, he's in Indiana and he grew up with cars all over the backyard, racing cars and road cars were very much a part of my life. He had a younger sister with long blond hair and they played among the wrecks day after day.

Well, the dumb kid knows nothing about and does nothing with cars. Sad story. His little sister, however, I was quite surprised about her.

I went to visit after not seeing her for a time, her boyfriend told me about how he was changing a differential in a Datsun one day and she crawled under and helped him.

"How come you know so much about working about cars?" he asked her.

"You don't live with my dad for years and not know something!" she replied.

It irritates me that so many kids don't want to know. Just pay the bill and get someone to do it all for them.

I used to post frequently on a forum for French car owners here in Australia and it bewildered me how easily these kids all talked about, not doing things to their cars, but 'getting things done'. Of course, they mostly seemed to be able to diagnose everyone else's problems when questions came up. With a multiplicity of wrong answers.

But now I'm posting on three or four Mopar fora I feel right at home. People are doing things themselves, they know all about it and help each other... not that the Frenchie folks didn't want to help out...

Of course I don't expect everyone to do everything. But there are a lot of basics that I don't think anyone should pay others to do... not pay and still call themselves car nuts, anyway.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Inactive User

nice to meet u and congrads! on finding the car again
Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
To be able to send PMs your post count must be 15 or greater.
When did this start???? Grrrr.

By the way WELCOME!!!!