Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Inactive User

Wow, other people with a seneca! lol. I bought my 60' Seneca about 3 years ago, just before i graduated HS. Wasn't too bad when i got it, had to make a new headliner for it cause it was shot. some break work. and she was on the road. And a few weeks ago i wanted to completely restore the interior. So i had the seats reupholstered, the last 2 days we spent tearing out the dash and everything that goes with it. countless hours this last weekend sanding and repainting everything red, and polishing the chrome. It looks so awesome now. We put the dash back in last night, so now i just gotta rewire everything back up, (Thank go for an original service manual off Ebay) ; ) then just pop the speedometer section back in and attach the seats again and she should be almost completely done. I'm so psyched, i'll prolly get insurance on it tonight, and maybe in a few days be on the road again, bumping my complete Rockford Fosgate stereo system with dual 12" Subs.. lol. Rattles a bit much in the trunk, i may have to seal it up a little better. The avatar is a pic a took a couple weeks ago of it, not very good off my phone, maybe i'll take some better ones in a few days and post if anyones interested. And since everyones telling they're car names, My girl is Anastasia. ; )
Old 03-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Biggrin

I have an idea for MarshaCRTT's turn signal lever problem.

Marsha and Dixie-Dart live about 200 miles apart. If somehow, Dixie could remove her turn signal lever and take pix, make a sketch and add some dimensions, maybe getting help from a local machine shop or someone handy with micrometers and calipers. That might be enough for Marsha to have one made.

If I still had my manufacturing company, I would make you a new one for no charge.

My dad bought a new 1960 Dodge Dart Phoenix 2 dr hardtop that was bright red with a white top. It came with factory chrome fenderskirts. What a head turner that car was.

I was the lucky one who broke the turn signal lever off flush with the column. As I recall, the lever was a simple turned component with a small thread on the end that goes in the column. The lever had snapped off right at the thread. Thinking back, it was a simple repair with a new lever, but I often thought the broken lever could have been re-machined on the broken end and re-threaded. The result would be a lever maybe 1/2" shorter.

I just read the post from hughesbuddy who had the entire dash out of his Seneca. That would have also been an opportunity for a lever to be sketched up.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Inactive User

would you believe it - I have just made this repair.
When the car arrived it had no indicator stalk ................

but I often thought the broken lever could have been re-machined on the broken end and re-threaded. The result would be a lever maybe 1/2" shorter.

However I was lucky enough to find it in the fold of the front seat
The damage was the same as Marsha described snaped off flush - A mate very carefully drilled the old broken piece out and then cut 1/2 an inch of new thread on the old stalk gently wound it in by hand not to tight as its Alloy verse Steel casting so it will self tighten it works wounderfully

And being a fraction shorter its not going to get knocked about as easily
Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 AM

Biggrin

Glad that it worked for you! To be proven right after 49 years is rewarding.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Inactive User

I can get the drill size and thread type/size off my engineering mate If its required? does Marsha need measurements? He used three drills upsizing until there was just a little swarf left in the old thread which was easily removed. Cannot figure why they used alloy

I was rapt that I didnt have to remove anything it was done in place
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00274_640x480.JPG (27.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00275_640x480.JPG (19.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes Im back

Hey guys and gals and mates! I haven't written in a while mostly because I lost the turn signal lever. We just did some massive house cleaning I may have thrown it away and was afraid to tell anyone that I had lost it... Well not to worry because I found it..yea! I have a friend that may have the needed tools to re-thread it.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Marsha
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin check it out

Hey Andy I saw a Dodge Dart on eBay for sale and it is in New Zealand, have you checked it out? It is probably too far from you,huh. Julia and I are getting ready for this seaseons car shows, can't wait. And I am ready to go camping...

Marsha and Julia
Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Inactive User

Red face Thanks a lot

Thank you all for your ideas, I really appreciate all your input.

WELCOME HUGHESBUDDY your girl Anastasia sounds nice, I would love to see some more pics of her.

Marsha
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Inactive User

Very nice car. Take care of it well and she will take care of you.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaCRTT View Post
Hey Andy I saw a Dodge Dart on eBay for sale and it is in New Zealand, have you checked it out? It is probably too far from you,huh. Julia and I are getting ready for this seaseons car shows, can't wait. And I am ready to go camping...

Marsha and Julia

Yeah spotted that Marsha a little rich for me - Half way through winter now roll on summer ...........
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Inactive User

Default Late Post

So i suppose this thread is pretty dead now, but i thought i'd toss a few pics of my girl in before she gets parked for the winter. And i guess i can't post them as links but i can just write them out.. just copy these into your address bar and the pics should load fine.. lol

i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/hughesbuddy/Guts1.jpg
i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/hughesbuddy/Guts2.jpg
i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/hughesbuddy/S1.jpg
i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/hughesbuddy/S3.jpg
i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/hughesbuddy/S2.jpg

Hope you like em.
~Brandon
Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 AM

Biggrin

If you load them on your computer, they can be posted as attachments.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up 1960 dart owner

Julia is a sweet ride. I have a 1960 dart pioneer 2 door hardtop. Will post some pics as i can. She gets looks all the time. I hope you are enjoying Julia as much as I am enjoying Millie....
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Inactive User

Marsha CRTT, welcome to the club. Enjoy this jewel of a car. Make sure your mechanic doing the rebuild Plasti-gages the WHOLE bottom end and hand lappes all the valves. Just these questions might make him understand your love for this car. If you have any more questions , I'd be glad to help. You already have a love for this car but are you ready to have a love for the slant six? Once a slant six person, always a slant six person, sorry it tends to grow on you. Mopar did a lot with this little engine including racing it for NASCAR. Yeah! Slant six. Study, learn, enjoy. Hope your husband understands as much as my wife did. HA HA, Thanx, Glenn.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 PM

Biggrin

This thread died 3 years ago.