Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Inactive User

Default No curb idle adjustment screw!!!!

I have an 84 Dodge D150. The idle has always been low (at least for the 1 1/2 years I have had it). It seems to have a miss when Idling. After changing the plugs (I gap checked each one), plug wires, distributer cap and rotor button. The idle is even worse. At stop lights it would die if I didn't keep my foot on the gas. I noticed some fuel leakage around the top carb. I pulled the carb off and rebuilt it. The idle is better than it was, but still low and still has a miss. I want to raise the idle but there is no idle adjustment screw. I believe that it is a holley 1945. I have looked at a lot of carb blow ups and that is the closest I can find. Every diagram I looked at showed where the curb idle adjustment screw should be, but it is not there. There is not even a place there to put a screw! How do I set the Idle without it?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Big Tuna

LOL

By any chance is it a manual trans and or an A/C truck? A/C probably would have had an idle compensator solenoid. Manual trans could have had an anti dieseling solenoid.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Inactive User

Yes it has a manual transmission and an air conditioner. Would the solenoid be in the carb? There are no wires going to the carb go to what is labeled as the idle stop solenoid.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Inactive User

I have been driving ot for a few days since the rebuild. The idle sounds a little higher than it was. The first couple of time I drove it there was 3-4 seconds of dieseling when I shut it off, but not any more.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannieh42 View Post
Every diagram I looked at showed where the curb idle adjustment screw should be, but it is not there. There is not even a place there to put a screw! How do I set the Idle without it?

It probably fell out. I am sure there is a place for one. Get a JY carb get the screw with the spring. Set it and wrap the threads with RTV and let it dry. I have had to do this on several carbs.