Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Inactive User

Default 1970 6 cyl Challenger

This is my first post. I inherited a 1970 Challenger with a 225ci engine. The car is stock. It has the original paint, interior, wheels, pink slip, jack, owners manual and the California black license plate key chain. Miles on the car is about 72,000. I get all sorts of notes on the car from people wanting to buy the thing. Body and interior are in good condition. Is there that much of a market for this auto.

Thanks Kim
Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino Chaser View Post
This is my first post. I inherited a 1970 Challenger with a 225ci engine. The car is stock. It has the original paint, interior, wheels, pink slip, jack, owners manual and the California black license plate key chain. Miles on the car is about 72,000. I get all sorts of notes on the car from people wanting to buy the thing. Body and interior are in good condition. Is there that much of a market for this auto.

Thanks Kim

A friend drove his 198 power '70 FM3 pink Barracuda to the local show last year. It is rough and got more attention than the Hemi cars.

Most of those people want to yank the slant and drop in a big block or Hemi. Make a "clone" and flip it for big bucks.

Welcome!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino Chaser View Post

Thanks Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rug_Trucker View Post
A friend drove his 198 power '70 FM3 pink Barracuda to the local show last year. It is rough and got more attention than the Hemi cars.

Most of those people want to yank the slant and drop in a big block or Hemi. Make a "clone" and flip it for big bucks.

Welcome!

Be a shame to destroy a car like this. Money isn't everything.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Inactive User

I basically want to keep the engine and dress it up a bit with after market
parts. Any suggestions on what part sites to go for cams, carbs, headers,
ect.

Thanks for the previous input. Kim
Old 07-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Inactive User

Group buy going on www.slantsix.org for Erson cams. Lots of info there. I have a 2bbl intake for sale.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Inactive User

It all depends what u want,many people are heavy into the whole stock thing,any mods would lower the value to them.i think about if you can undo any mods u do.the super six type mod,two barrel carb really wakes up the six.would be funny to just see how many mpg you could get out of the car stock.you should look up the value of your car stock before you do anything.