Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Inactive User

Default Hello,fellow slant six lovers

Myname is Glenn Cozad. I am a student of the late, great, Mr. Lloyd Purcell. The man responsible for the developement of the racing team for the 225 slant six for the Chrysler Corp. during the late sixties and seventies. He was my High School mechanics teacher at Agua Fria in Avondale, AZ,mentor and lifelong friend. If ever there was a man who knew MOPAR, he was it. He was responsible for building the early 727 transmissions for the Ramchargers and worked at the AZ proving grounds for most of his career. He helped me to build a 1970 Duster from frame-off to finish and made a believer out of me in the slant six. 13.95@98 and street legal. Surprised alot of small block Chevy guys and led to a lot of grudge races. Built with all MOPAR performance parts and a lot of attention to detail. Mind you, with a modified BBD 2 Bbl. I still drive my 1979 Ply Trailduster with a bored 318 w/360 heads, cam, cast iron intake and original Thermo-Quad that he helped me build. It runs better every day and like he always told me, Mopars don't like to be babied. They were made to get out there and run. More true words were never spoken. Thanx.