Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Inactive User

Default Hello,fellow slant six lovers

Myname is Glenn Cozad. I am a student of the late, great, Mr. Lloyd Purcell. The man responsible for the developement of the racing team for the 225 slant six for the Chrysler Corp. during the late sixties and seventies. He was my High School mechanics teacher at Agua Fria in Avondale, AZ,mentor and lifelong friend. If ever there was a man who knew MOPAR, he was it. He was responsible for building the early 727 transmissions for the Ramchargers and worked at the AZ proving grounds for most of his career. He helped me to build a 1970 Duster from frame-off to finish and made a believer out of me in the slant six. 13.95@98 and street legal. Surprised alot of small block Chevy guys and led to a lot of grudge races. Built with all MOPAR performance parts and a lot of attention to detail. Mind you, with a modified BBD 2 Bbl. I still drive my 1979 Ply Trailduster with a bored 318 w/360 heads, cam, cast iron intake and original Thermo-Quad that he helped me build. It runs better every day and like he always told me, Mopars don't like to be babied. They were made to get out there and run. More true words were never spoken. Thanx.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Inactive User

I can understand your liking for the /6. They are a stout little engine and quite a lot of cheap fun if desired.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Inactive User

i can relate ~~ i love the sl6 i have 2 of them , 1 in a 87 B150 van and the other i just picked up is in a 1965 Dodge A-100 Van , i love the sl6 and the van's so it works out for me
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Inactive User

Laugh Slants

Not much action in this fourm. You would think that everyone would have a story about a slant.Dad was into big Chryslers untill my older brothers started to drive. In 68 Dad brought home a 68 Dodge Coronet R/T ( with help from my brothers,"See Dad,, It has a 440 just like your old Chrysler") By 1970 my brother convinced him that he would be better off with the R/T and Dad needed something else.What a suprise when Dad came home with a 70 Slant 6 Swinger base model, it didn't even have power steering.That was the first car that we ever put 100,000 miles on and the car that I learned to drive in.
Over the years I have owned quite a few and still drag race with one today.Great little engines.