Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 06:17 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

Please relpy at this asap, I am wondering if the offenhauser 4bbl manifold for the 225 slant six was a cast aluminum or iron, and if it is compatible with headers because by the looks of it it has the setup of a reqular stock exhaust..... Also what is the difference of the Super Six 2bbl intake and hte regular 2bbl intake for the 225??
Old 10-17-2000, 02:38 PM
Inactive User

Duster, The Offie is aluminum. It is designed to work with the stock exhaust manifold. You could use it with headers but if you need the carb heater stove to work you might have to fab a part your self. Clifford makes an intake that works with their headers but you still have to weld the bungs on yourself.
To the best of my knowledge Chrysler only made one type of 2bbl intake. Thus they were all Super Six intakes. If you decide to go that rought there is a fun trick you can do to boost the carb size.
Alpha

------------------
I’m fluent in several forms of Nerd, including Geek
Old 10-17-2000, 02:59 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Alpha Geek;

I think your wrong about that "super six" Intake statement. But it nethier here or there . MoPar Perf. has one in older cats. I don't know if it made the discontued list. It was a 2bbl intake deal.
I read in a mag the other day ( Hot Rod I think) that someone out there was remaking the "HYPER_PAK" (spelling?) intake manifold again.
I'll get it out tomorrow. I left it at work.
Old 10-17-2000, 05:57 PM
Inactive User

Doug Dutra is making the Hyper pak manifold in conjunction with Clifford. It should really make for a screamer, combined with Dutra's split exhaust manifolds it could make a cool package. cruzerjd
Old 10-17-2000, 06:58 PM
Inactive User

If there is anyway you all could give me info on how to do this hyper pak I would greatly appreciate it, and plus whats the neat trick you could do with the super six intake?
Old 10-17-2000, 07:51 PM

Slant6Duster:
Nice to see another /6 person here. You'll find the answers you're looking for both here and at www.slantsix.com , and www.omnipages.com/sl6 . Here, look at the topics MP2000 catalog?, HEADS OR TAILS, and Speedy and Tim's Slant Six Page.

To answer your questions quickly, though, the Offenhauser and all other aftermarket intakes are aluminum. There is no difference between a Super Six intake and any other 2 bbl. factory /6 intake. I am currently using a factory aluminum 2 bbl. intake with Clifford Street Rod headers in my '71 Valiant. The only modifications were to slightly trim a couple of the intake mounting tabs with a grinder to clear the header flange. No problem at all. I have already devised a quick and simple solution to the problem of manifold heat with headers. It is listed in the aforementioned /6 topics. Go to Speedy and Tim's Slant Six Page, and start by giving us the life history of your Duster. As much tech information as possible, thing like engine and trans. mods to date, gear ratio, general use of car, things you want to do with it, etc. and so forth. You might want to start with something less than the Hyper-Pak, since the manifold alone is $395.00, especially if this will be a mild street /6. You have a lot of reading to do, beter go get started!

[This message has been edited by Tim_K (edited October 17, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tim_K (edited October 17, 2000).]
Old 10-17-2000, 07:53 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Duster,
The trick is with the carb not the intake. The stock carb is simular to the one found on the older 318s. Same Carter 2bbl only bigger venturies and the linkages are set-up for the V8. You could use the 318 carb but you would have to fab some pieces. But, since the carb body is built in 3 pieces, why not use the bigger bores. The center section has the venturie bores and jets. Just swap the center sections and the fuel robs. Poof, more carb and all the linkages work. This is simplified, but once you see the carbs abart you'll get the idea.

rumblefish,
I checked Allpar.com and they only mention one 2bbl version called the "Super Six". My family has had two of these intakes. One came with an air cleaner labled "Super Six" the other did not. I saw no noticable difference between the two. I do recall the old HyperPak having a 4bbl though.
Old 10-17-2000, 08:13 PM

Alpha Geek:
Maybe, maybe not on the carburetors. I just got done building a new BBD for my /6. A '76 318 BBD and '77 /6 BBD are the ones I'm working with. They both had the same #2216 metering rods and 120-380 jets. The bores (I looked carefully) also appear to be the same size. The kickdown and throttle linkages may be different, but the carburetors themselves are the same.
Old 10-17-2000, 08:51 PM
Inactive User

Okay thanks for all the information you guys gave me. By the way, whats the link to Speedy and Tims /6 page?
Old 10-17-2000, 08:59 PM

Biggrin

It's on this forum (Performance Talk). Just go down through the list until you see it. It should be in the first 2 or 3 pages.
Old 10-17-2000, 10:03 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

ALPHA GEEK

The thing that I thought was wrong. As also somebody type it earlyer. Thanks Tim_K.
It was the total car package I was thinking off.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Inactive User

im running an aluminum 2 barrel intake with a holley 500
Old 03-13-2007, 03:23 AM

Exclamation

Old Thread!
Closed Thread