Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Club Chat Forums > Southern Alberta Mopars Unlimited

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-23-2002, 08:50 AM
Inactive User

Default Bumblebee Stripes

Hi Western Canada:

I wonder if you can help me. I stumbled across a site for a place in B.C. that was selling replacement bumblebee stripes for late 60's mopars. I didn't book mark it and now I am trying to get a stripe and I can't find the site. I could order one from a dozen places in the states, but I would prefer to buy Canadian (exchange and shipping etc.) The stripe I need is for a 1969 Dart Swinger (black)

Thanks
Old 02-24-2002, 11:48 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Have you price checked local versus U.S. vendors?
I know most of the decals and stripes come from American suppliers in the first place and the exchange rate just gets past along to us up here when locals purchase to re-sell.

BTW, welcome to the forum
Old 02-26-2002, 06:46 PM
Inactive User

I think they are doing better than just the exchange. I can get a stripe for about $106.00 US out of Arizona, or I can buy it in Saskatoon, or Ontario for $199.00 Cdn. plus 15% HST!

Thanks for your response

Dan
Old 02-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Default RPM

Yes I see they just re-sell everthing that year one has in their catalogues.

I have always found it cheaper to go right to the source
Old 03-29-2002, 10:44 PM
Banned

Hi! I have a 69 Swinger also and was wondering if you wanted to swap pics and maybe chat. I just got this car acouple of months ago and luv it. Be nice to chat with someone who has the same thing! Thanks
Old 03-30-2002, 12:53 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Welcome to the forum little campbell!
Old 03-30-2002, 08:16 AM
Inactive User

Little Campbell
Welcome aboard!

Here are some details on my Dart. It is not an origional swinger. It is a 69 Dart custom that I am turning into a swinger clone. It came with a long list of options including 318 2BBl, 904 automatic, tinted windows (all around), lots of chrome, heavy duty suspension, 14 inch wheels, rear window defogger, headrests, bumperets, fender mounted turn signal indicators, etc. It was purchased in Calgary Alberta inDec. 1968 by a guy from Kamloops BC. It was driven to Nova Scotia by an electrician who purchased it in Vancouver about 6 years ago. It has sat in his garage for the last 6 years.

The car is very solid. I have it in getting the body done right now. It had rust holes in the rear quarters, but the rest of the body was excellant. The passenger side door had been repainted, and the color match was not good.

I am removing the side chrome, and have installed a power bulge hood from a 69 swinger. I gave up on ordering a bumblebee stripe. Instead, I have had a local guy who does vinyl decals make me one. He made an imprint of the swinger stripe on my parts car (an origional 69 4-speed car with no drive train, and lots of rust), and scanned it into the computer on his vinyl cutter. He then made up and exact replica, which he will install for me when the final coat of clear coat hardens on the dart. The installed price is half the price of an aftermarket stripe from mail order.

I haven't decided on what to do with the motor yet. The 318 runs like new, but it won't be enough when those 5.0's start to harrass me at the stop lights. I am going to put dual exhaust (I think 2 1/2") and headers on it this spring, and probably a small 4 barrell. I also have the 8 3/4" rear end with 3.23 gears and a sure grip diff from the old 340 to install. Next winter I will have to decide whether to build up the 318, rebuild a 360, or go the crate motor route. I would consider a 340 if I can get my hands on one, but since it is not an origional 340, I am not that concerned about numbers matching and that stuff.

Here is a picture of it on the day I bouht it. I should have it back from the paint shop in a couple of weeks.

Drop me a line with the scoop on you dart;

Regards

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newdart.jpg (20.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Banned

Hi Dan! Well I tried to post a few pics of my ride but it didnt take! Im kinda PC illiterate Any how pics can be viewed at the 440 Magnum Mopar Network under pics of the month(March) or for all of them in the picture gallery. If you like give me your email address and Ill send them to you.
I would be very interested in seeing your dart when it gets out of the shop! There was a freshly rebuilt 340 with a cam for sale in the Buy and Sell last month for 2G! 1970....thats Canadian! I called the guy and he really needed the money but I was tapped cause I just laid out 8G for my Dart...So they are out there! If you like I will keep my eyes and ears open for another
Where in the world did you find a power bulge hood??? So it must say "340 FOUR BARREL"? Soooo you need at least a 340 under it You have until next winter! Anyhoo the Canuckle Heads are about to play LA so get back to me!......Gary