Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Stolen Vehicle reports - Post all stolen reports here

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Inactive User

Default 73 Challenger

I'm looking for my 1973 Challenger, Black with a gray primered fiberglass hood with large scoop last seen behind the Ford dealership in Valdese, North Carolina. Vin # jh23g3b218605. This came up missing about 3 months ago, and i just now found out about it from the guy i bought it from on E-Bay. He said i could leave it there as long as i needed to till i could pick it up. But one of life's suprises kept me from having it shipped until now. When i contacted him to get everything ready to go, he said he thought the shipper i had, who lives in his town also, had picked it up 3 months ago. Even though the dude i bought it from also had the extra hood i bought seperate for the car stored inside the ford dealership where he works, he never called me or the shipper after he noticed the car was gone to see why the shipper didn't pick up my extra hood also. In any case i just want my 2000 dollar car back. Any member providing me with info leading to the location and recovery of my car will recieve a 500 dollar cash reward. So please keep your eyes out for me. I'm sure all of you can symphathise with the way i feel. You can message me here with any info or call 573-382-6381. Thanks for your time, Aaron
Old 03-05-2005, 03:35 AM

Did you file a police report and did they list it on NCIC?
Old 03-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Inactive User

I would bet that the guy you bought it from has something to do with it's disappearance. He could have sold it again. I would try to get a hold of the DMV in North Carolina to see if it has been registered or re-titled. Good luck!!

torch
Old 03-09-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting torch
I would bet that the guy you bought it from has something to do with it's disappearance. He could have sold it again. I would try to get a hold of the DMV in North Carolina to see if it has been registered or re-titled. Good luck!!

torch
He didn't reply when I asked about a police report. You have the same thoughts I did, and if he never reported it stolen, someone else could register it, because the VIN was not on file with NCIC as a stolen vehicle.

However, someone might have bought/stolen it for parts, in which case the VIN would never be an issue.