Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Stolen Vehicle reports - Post all stolen reports here

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Inactive User

cry2 Car stolen at Mopar Nats.

My 1970 Road Runner show car was stolen from Hotel Parking Lot at Mopar Nationals this year. Trying to get word out to everyone to look for car. This was my baby.
Car description.
1970 Road Runner
Vitamin C Orange
14" 5 spoke Cragers on the front
15" 5 spoke cragers on the back
Tires were white Letter Hossiers on the side walls(you can't buy these anymore with the white letters.)
Black bucket sear interior.
Dual four Barreal carbs on 440 engine.
It took me 10 years to build this.:
car has indiana plates
Old 08-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Inactive User

Wow...Some one has very large B*LLS. What Hotel was it taken from?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Inactive User

Oh man that sucks. I was there saturday. I live in the columbus area,west of columbus,i will for sure keep an eye out. I will try to spread the word. Sorry man.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Inactive User

Smile

I live in CA but you never know how far these cars may end up.

Post an update to this thread around the time of CA car shows (Spring/Fall Fling) with VIN/very unique characteristics and I'll check out all '68-'69 RR's at the shows.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo
My 1970 Road Runner show car was stolen from Hotel Parking Lot at Mopar Nationals this year. Trying to get word out to everyone to look for car. This was my baby.
Car description.
1970 Road Runner
Vitamin C Orange
14" 5 spoke Cragers on the front
15" 5 spoke cragers on the back
Tires were white Letter Hossiers on the side walls(you can't buy these anymore with the white letters.)
Black bucket sear interior.
Dual four Barreal carbs on 440 engine.
It took me 10 years to build this.:
car has indiana plates

It would be a big help if you could post the tag number and VIN. A picture wouldn't hurt either.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Inactive User

I will have a picture by Wednesday with more info.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Inactive User

Car was a 1970 vitamin c orange Road Runner. Was stolen from the Holiday Inn Exspress at pickerington exit 112 off of I-70. I was assured by the staff there was security. Found out afterwards there were no cameras and thier idea of security was the desk clerk looking out the window. I also found out from the police that several classic cars have been stolen from this hotel. Not a hotel I would recomend when going to the nats.
I will have more pictures and info posted Wednesday night.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Inactive User

Default Flier of Stolen roadrunner

Hi, this is Rose, the better half of Terry aka Bilbo.

I have attached a flyer with pictures and information. There is also a thread at moparts.com. posting #2849892 is a really good picture that was taken at Nats on Fri.

We really appreciate all the help from Mopar people. I feel like this will have a happy ending, because the "force is with us".

Please make copies of the flyer and help us get the info out there.

Again, Thanks
Rose
Attached Files
File Type: pdf stolen roadrunner flier004.pdf (117.2 KB, 148 views)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Inactive User

STOLEN 1970 VITAMIN C ORANGE ROADRUNNER
AUGUST 12, 2006 Between 5:30 A.M. and 8:00 A.M.
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS Pickerington, OH Exit 112 I-70
Attending Mopar Nationals

Terry L. Richard and Rose Ann Richard
2207 E. County Road 200 N.
Danville, IN 46122
317 745 6347
Terry – bluecat@indy.rr.com
Rose – rrichard@indy.rr.com
Terry cell # - 317 431 8603
Rose cell # - 317 431 3344

VIN # RM23NOG182336
Plate # 32 T 2601 expire 8/31/2006
Fender Tag: R11 V21 V8X 26_ J25 J45 L31 M21 M25 M31 V1X A01 C16 C55 G33 H51 EV2 P6XA TX9 12LO77049 E63 D32

440 bored 30 over
short block balanced
Mopar performance cam (284 duration 498 lift)
9.5 to 1 Keith Black pistons
Edelbrock dual quad intake
Edelbrock 600 cfm carburetors
March underdrive aluminum pulleys
Flow Kooler water pump
Headman headers
2.5 inch exhaust – flow master mufflers
Hemi flexplate and bolts
2500 stall converter
727 street/strip transmission (by A. A. Transmission)
355 limited slip rear-end
Mopar super stock leaf springs
Cragar five spoke chrome wheels
Hoosier white letter tires

Unusual features: The back bumpers have black rubber bumper pads, the turn signal lights on the hood beside the 440 emblem. (Which are not hooked into the wiring harness at this point and doesn’t work) The A01 light package is kind of unusual and gives a light in the trunk (again, not hooked into wiring harness and not working). The M 21, 25 & 31 Drip Rail, Body Sill, & Body Belt Moldings are not on the car. H51 air conditioner is not on car. The steering wheel is brown wood grain vs. the standard bl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0763s.jpg (91.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 08-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Inactive User

Default Will Look Around

I am going to be at the Woodward dream cruise this weekend and I wil keep an eye out for you nfor your car. Sorry it happened, I hope you get it back.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Inactive User

Bilbo, i am going to a big mopar show down in kokomo,IN sun morn aug. the 27`th, at the trans . plant. i will definatly keep my open for your bird, that sucks big time, i didnt have my car stolen but i had alot of parts stolen from my 70 runner awhile go. I didnt get the guys who did it but through a local fellow mopar guy I got the stuff back, someone tried to peddle the parts to him because of so few mopar people in the area. he wouldnt tell me who they were he just said to be thankfull I got my stuff back. part of the haul was the airgrabber air cleaner they had snagged. So I let it slide, he was a freind too . ( the guy who got them back)
i pray you find your baby in one piece soon!!! Doug
Old 08-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Inactive User

Bilbo, i went to the car show today and i checked the car I told your wife about, it wasnt your car . the vin was different, but I will continue to look at the shows, i am going to the james dean run on the 23 of sept. i will keep an eye out there. I hope that you get your baby back in 1 piece soon.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned

Biggrin

I'm going to the Music City Mopar Club show the last week of Sept. and I'll look for it there too. Wish you luck with it.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:39 PM

I hate to say it but only an idiot would show a car he has stolen, or even bring it to a show as a spectator. Especially a high profile car like that Runner.

I hope it is found soon.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
I hate to say it but only an idiot would show a car he has stolen, or even bring it to a show as a spectator. Especially a high profile car like that Runner.

I hope it is found soon.
You may have a point, but it's worth a look see anyways. There was one that was repainted twice and sold around and then found. It was posted on here too. I think it was a B body with a six pack at that. They just started stripping it when they got caught in the act.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
At Spring Fling last year that happened. It was a Road Runner too.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust
At Spring Fling last year that happened. It was a Road Runner too.
I guess you just can't fix stupid!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Inactive User

Figures a Chevy guy would be that dumb
Old 08-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Inactive User

I was just sitting here wondering if Bilbo has any leads on his car yet. A car of that caliber is kind of hard to hide... Has anyone heard anything?
Old 08-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Inactive User

I havent heard anything, but i go to a lot of the car shows around the kettering area and Ill keep a look out to for it and let my friends know about it. I hate hearing when someones car gets stolen, muscle car or not. Ill keep lookin for it.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Inactive User

The sad part is it was probably some punk kid that did it. They will probably spraybomb it flat black and race the hell out of it until they blow it up. Then ditch it somewhere and torch it.
If the punk gets cought the courts won't look at it any different than he stole a honda civic, not someone's life work.
Now adays you need GOOD insurance if your muscle car is not keep locked up.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Inactive User

Sorry to hear about the loss.
I hate to even think it but it has probably either been stripped or shipped out of the country or possibly to one of the states that is lax on car registrations on cars going into the state.
If that many special vehicles have been stolen out of the same Motel lot at different events I would suspect the same culprits to be involved.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 PM

Hope you get her back, I kinda know how you feel, my car was stolen, it was on a custom made aluminum trailer, It wasn't near the car yours is but it was mine, they found it pushed of the trailor abandoned, and the police wanted a bunch of money cause it was in the impound, and the trailor was seen at a swap meet, but we could not prove it, they had messed with it Hope you get it back, that's not right!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Inactive User

Wink Stolen Road Runner - Bilbo

I would like to thank everyone for keeping an eye out for my car. It was my baby for the last 12 years. I just started winning at car shows the last couple of years. Guess I put to much work in it and made it to nice.
Several have asked for an update.
We have not got the car back. The police have no leads at all and have moved on to other cases. We are working with th insurance carrier now to settle up. They told me if it hasn't been recovered in the first 4 weeks the chances ar slim we will find it.
Keep looking for the car, it has to be out there and a bright orange car is hard not to notice. I know I will be checking every 70 Road Runner I see no matter the color. I restored it myself and I know all the little flaws in it and every part they may take off it.
Thanks again for the support.
I can't replace that one but I will have another one.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Inactive User

Again, post on this thread around car show dates. I have no problem checking block numbers and such but I am forgetful...
Old 09-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Inactive User

It might be worth quietly snooping around the street racer hangouts in the area that the car was stolen to find out if anyone has just put a hot 440 in their street racer.
It's cold blooded to say it but performance cars are usually stolen for their parts either for a race car or to sell to people who are rebuilding a car.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Inactive User

Any leads? Did anyone check to see if they had security cameras where the car was stolen?

A close friend of mine had someone to torch his show truck (1979 Chevy short bed 4X4 customized to the max) and his 1983 Hurst Olds Cutlass (with less than 40K on it) when everyone stopped to eat. The place had cameras in the parking area and you can watch the video of someone looking at the car and truck, then coming back with a can of gas and setting them on fire.
The camera does not show the person's face well, but who knows? Where your car was stolen the video might show better pictures.

As for myself, I had my "Black Beauty", a 68 Charger, and my 100% origional1971 Charger stolen....both were recovered over a year later. They were found in an auto museum by some of my good friends who were on vacation! They are now safely hidden away and no longer are seen at the shows....as I do not want to lose them again.

I will keep an eye out for your baby, as I know how it feels. I also lost a 1974Z28 Camaro that was stolen after I had owned it for over 22 years. That was the only Chevy I ever liked.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Inactive User

Probably goes without saying but I'd watch EBAY too.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Witch
Any leads? Did anyone check to see if they had security cameras where the car was stolen?

As for myself, I had my "Black Beauty", a 68 Charger, and my 100% origional1971 Charger stolen....both were recovered over a year later. They were found in an auto museum by some of my good friends who were on vacation! They are now safely hidden away and no longer are seen at the shows....as I do not want to lose them again.
Whooa. Tell us the story. Found in an auto museum? What was their story how that got them? Did you get to bust someone in the teeth when they were recovered??

The roughest thing that happened to me MoPar wise was several years ago. A guy I grew up with died at 30 of cancer. He still had the '68 Coronet R/T that he had in high school stored behind his house. I talked to his widow after the funeral and asked if she would be interested in selling it. The car had been siting for years outside and need a lot of work, but well worth restoring. She asked $250 for it. No Problem. Well, the house was being rented to my friend's brother-in-law who was a drunk. We went to pick up the car and it had been so badly vandalized it was worthless. It had been used for target practice and was shot full of holes!!! I knew that drunk did it but he claimed he didn't and I didn't have any proof. I never wanted to beat anyone in the face so bad then that worthless SOB!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Inactive User

[QUOTE=Dr. Righteous]Whooa. Tell us the story. Found in an auto museum? What was their story how that got them? Did you get to bust someone in the teeth when they were recovered??

The auto museum had 'papers' showing that both cars were purchased out of the US. They could not 'find' the shipping information on them.....just the papers where they had been purchased from out of the country.

I had the origional titles for both cars, so I got them back after I proved that I had not sold them out of the US and that I had also reported them as stolen over a year before they were found. Still, it took a few months to get them back home again. I was worried sick that something would happen to them while they were impounded.

I have yet to get the opportunity to meet the owner of the auto museum.
A friend of mine had a Challenger disappear the same time as my two Chargers did. It has not yet been recovered, but we did learn from the authorities that this same man owns other auto museums in other states.
When I do meet this person, they are gonna wish they had never been born.