Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Inactive User

Default I have only raced once or twice ever

The only race story I have is not in my mopar... Since I have only ever owned two mopars - Superbird and are you ready for this??? I Dodge Omni...4 banger with stick... The fast back one....

Well so this is about my only race but it was in my Porsche 911.

It's got a 2.4 twin 3's(that's 6) or 2 / 3 banks and puts out about 245 - 260 HP... granted it's not much but the car is about 2000 lbs wet.

I'm at the stop light when a kid (it's alway a kid) and his pal pull up next to me and start with the reving the motor thing... At first I think he's kidding... but then he starts talking smack... so I figure what the hell.

WHY?...

...would a honda crx want to race a porsche 911 sc that's been modified? well it went like this...

The light turns green...he takes off... next light is about 1/2 mile or so. I know my car has no pull off the line so I let him go... I get up to about 40 mph and thats when i reel him in 2nd gear...third gear my car sounds like a jet and im off... and past him in a blink!

By now I am so far ahead I figure why speed any more... I let him catch up and we stop at the next light... He's still talking smack.. saying my car costs more and all that.. I think for a second and say...One day when you grow up remember you got beat my a car that's older than you are.... He sped off I.. I smiled...

That's it... Right on!

I still get a kid once in a while pulling up to the superbird... I just wave as they past... for me it's just as much fun going 35 in my bird as it was going 135 to vegas in a sports car. Except at 35mph my smile is ear to ear.