Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-14-2000, 04:04 PM
Self proclaimed expert

Cool

Way back when (93??) I was driving my 92 Dakota V6 and my buddy gets behind me in his Ford Ranger V6. He got on the CB and asked if we could see how fast his truck would go since I had a 120mph speedo. I said sure so I started accelerating slowly and he comes back with "is that all that Dodge has got?" I said nope and nailed it. About five seconds later he says "OK OK, Slow down I cant keep up" He got up to 105 before it was over. I told him I'd see him later and cruised up to 115mph (computer limit, not engine limit) About a month later one of my buddies rented a Ford Thunderturd with a V6 and since it was a rental he was looking to abuse it so he asked if I wanted to race. I never back down even if I know I will lose but I thought I had a chance on this one. It was the strangest start I've ever had. We were side by side turning onto a two lane but we both nailed it and slid onto the road prettyeven so we just kept goin. We were close to even but I was nosing ahead till we hit the turns and he got the inside and edged ahead. As soon as he got ahead he started to weave and tap the breaks to scare me which he did. I am not goin to get in a pileup with some fool. I had him through the quarter but the computer would have got me before his got him at 120. Man I hate computer limits.
Old 04-17-2000, 07:18 PM
Inactive User

Weave, tap brakes, brilliant. Should have a board broken over his head.
Old 04-17-2000, 07:53 PM
Self proclaimed expert

I thought about it, I didn't want to hurt the board. He's a state trooper now. I hope he deals with people like himself on a daily basis. I'm sure he must. Actually I'm sure he arrests people like himself pretty often.
Old 04-18-2000, 08:50 PM

Got 2 race stories for ya. First one, an old friend had a '95 Ford Ranger, V6/Auto, and I had a '92 Plymouth Acclaim, 4-Cyl, Auto. I SMOKED his ass, wasn't a drag race though, was on the highway...Got the 4-banger up to 115 (downhill slop helped, must admit)... But either way, made it from Middletown, NY (Galleria at Crystal Run) to Warwick, NY (Grand Union) in 15-minutes... Normal trip is 35 minutes. Other story, when I first got my '95 Intrepid ES, I was challenged by a friend to race him ('94 Ford Mustang V6/5-Speed). We dragged twice before the neighbors flipped out, but both times It was even at the start for a second or two, but I pulled ahead and won. Last story, friend of mine got a '98 Chevy Camaro Convertible (V6/5-Speed), started to pass me on a long, straight, 2 lane black top. I smoked him, but he caught up when I topped out at 110. Gotta agree about the damn computer speed limiters.

Sam http://marlin.jeph.net/

Quote:
Originally posted by GUAM SS/T:
I thought about it, I didn't want to hurt the board. He's a state trooper now. I hope he deals with people like himself on a daily basis. I'm sure he must. Actually I'm sure he arrests people like himself pretty often.
Old 04-21-2000, 10:36 AM
Self proclaimed expert

Wink

I had a good friend who had a loser boyfriend with a 92 Mustang V6. This guy thought it was the baddest car on the planet. One night I'm taking her home in my V6Dakota and we see her boyfriend heading to her house showing out in his wusstang. I told her I wanted to race him and she said she couldn't let us race each other. I thought she had some deep moral reason like we could get hurt or killed. I asked her why not and she said "Brian you would kill that piece of crap and I would feel bad for him if you embarassed him like that." I never mentioned it again. I knew she was right.
Old 04-25-2000, 08:35 PM
Inactive User

They didn't put V-6's in 92 Mustangs. You are probably thinking of 94, the first year of the new style and the first year of the Taurus-minivan 3.8 in a Stang. Only 145 hp; freakin' sad! They do have 195 hp now, so watch out. The new Camaro V-6's (4.3?) have 200 hp so they aren't exactly slugs so watch out for those too. Earlier Camaro's (93 and up) had less power. Oh yeah, they have two V-6's in rangers, a 3.0 and a 4.0. The 3.0 is WEAK with a capital W. 4.0 isn't bad, you can get superchargers for them too, so watch out. I agree tho, the V-6 Magnum isn't bad
Old 04-25-2000, 11:11 PM
Inactive User

Wink

I think the only thing Guam has to watch out for with any new camaro V6's is running over them when they get in his way. At least if he's driving his SS/T. I think that 200 Hp engine is pretty weak compared to some of the more powerfull V6's being put out now. I'm not saying they're dogs. Just that there are better V6's out there. Leave it to Chevy to blow it. They could have at least suppercharged it. Maybe they're just trying to sell more V8's.
Old 04-26-2000, 02:36 AM
Self proclaimed expert

It had to be a 94 rustang, I have trouble keeping track of time and fords. I'm sure the Ranger I ran wasn't a 3.0, I have seen those before and they are such dogs it's not even funny. I want one though, They are so cute....LOL. They are too small for a boat anchor though.
I can't understand buying a Cumarrow or Rustang with a 6 in the first place but I guess it just gives us more Chevies and Fords to laugh at. I just hope Dodge doesn't bring out the new charger with a base 4cylinder, OY the agony.
Old 04-26-2000, 06:38 PM
Inactive User

I don't know what you'd want to get a V-6 Mustang or Camaro either; but I have an idea. Most new Mustangs and Camaros are sold to women (I think I read that somewhere...). Most women would figure that the V-6's have (gag) plenty of pep, so why would they need a "gas sucking" V-8? (Of course, the Camaro with LS-1 or LT-1 gets nearly 25 mpg..). Also the V-6's are alot cheaper. The problem is when little punkboy Chevy or Ford owners think their V-6 will beat much worthier cars. I've seen it: big exhaust tips (sometimes gold!) lowered, usually AUTOMATIC, and SLOW. Even my 93 CV PI will beat up on those, and it's kinda of a dog too.

BG