Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-04-2000, 01:36 AM
Inactive User

Angry

im just tired of basicly kids who's fathers bought them one of these things and never tought them how to drive it correctly.Of course it does mke them easy to beat stop light to stoplight considering they spend more time spinning their tires than going forward i even have a little sign to show them at the next light it reads "Traction is important" usually pisses them off enough to try it again usually the same result some times they'll stall their car trying to ease off the line when i start pulling away cuase they panic dump the clutch and dont have enough rpm's. Of course i've run across the one whos daddy did teach him something and get the doors blown off my 95 ram 5.9
Old 05-04-2000, 04:27 AM
Inactive User

Smile

It also irratates them when you inform them that their 302 is actually a 4.9 liter and not a 5.0.
Richard
Old 05-04-2000, 07:27 AM
Inactive User

I know what you mean. Next time you seen a guy with a Rustang (LOL), call it a 5.slow instead of 5.0!!! I love racing them in my GTX. Sooooooo fun.

Scott Reno, Nevada.

------------------
Old 05-04-2000, 03:44 PM

I've always given them a good run in my 3.5l Intrepid. If I could get rid of the damn speed limiter I'd be able to give a better run. Ticks me off that the car shifts into 4th gear at 105mph and 3000rpm...and I can't get past 110.

Sam<br> http://marlin.jeph.net/
Old 05-04-2000, 10:47 PM
Inactive User

Cool

ram1500 i like it when that happens i caught a guy at the light my truck blocked his view of the cop sitting in the parking lot mr man was staring right at us rustang-boy took off with the tires howling i hesitated and pretty much same results the boy found me a couple hours later mn was he mad said something about getting his car taken away 2 days before prom i told him he should have been paying more attention to his surroundings instead of trying to impress his girlfriend and man was she as ugly as his car LOL what drag race bulliten boards are you on, im a bracket racer too
Old 05-05-2000, 08:15 AM
Inactive User

Wink

These guys with the 5.0's have to be as much fun if not more fun than the V6 camaro guys. Most of the kids that are driving them can't and don't understand that 5.0 Litre doesn't mean jack if you're barely breaking 200Hp (I'm talking stock). I grew up in the hay day of that generation of Mustangs and even then they were getting beat by older Chevy 350's. In 1986 I watched a Grand National beat the snot out of a brand new Mustang GT. In its day the 5.0 was quick. But by todays standard when you're seeing 240Hp from a V6 that can do 0-60 in just under 7 sec, it's easy to see they're clearly outmatched. I've been told however they do very well in the 1/4. So we all might want to keep that in mind while we punnish these guys light to light. If you give them to much road they might supprise you.....if its true.
Old 05-05-2000, 03:29 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Ram 1500, the problem is that he probably still doesn't get it. He thinks he beat you and this will be one of his war stories of how he got the ticket wasting the 440.

Find and beat him NOW. Physically too if you get the chance.
Old 05-05-2000, 09:34 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Hey for all you guys talking about Mustangs only having 225 hp stock, I would keep your mouth shut because of your beloved 5.9 only has 250! The 5.9 sucks gas and sees my ass way in front of it. I have a 93 Gt That I like to take up to the local car shows and pick on a few road runners. I know it isn`t a viper but it sure does haul more than you guys give credit for.Email me @ Sirsyxxpack@aol.com if you have comments.

------------------
*Josh*
Old 05-05-2000, 09:55 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

since your trolling here
Mustanges are second rate, a first rate car..viper the only thing that mustangs beat mopars in price, they are Cheep..
what a braging right(read sarcasm), in the history books mustangs will be known as cheep while mopars and vipers will be known as fast...i think mopars got the better end of that stick
sure you can build them up..big deal Ford certainly didnt build em fast like that.
If you build a fast ford(or anything for that matter) Its not Ford(or whoever) you should praise, it is your skill not the manufacturer. I will give the fords this, as far as bang for the buck they are currently the champs. Now if you want unlimited top end, in a run what you brung competition(NOT NASCAR clone racing)..its mopar all the way..GT2(the world manufacturers Race the viper wins every year) and Funny car supergas both run chrysler derivative hemis ...moparmoparmoparmopar

what U think

[This message has been edited by Maxwedge (edited May 05, 2000).]
Old 05-05-2000, 10:10 PM
Inactive User

Question

That's pretty lame, Nopower.

The mid 80's to early 90's Mustangs were a good bang for the buck car, though.

And 5.9's are in trucks not sports cars, numbnuts.
Old 05-06-2000, 01:24 AM
Inactive User

Angry

Hey nopower, you're a perfect example of the typical Mustang looser that gives all mustang owners a bad name. It's not just a conversation about HP. Have you ever heard of tourque? Of course not because your mustang doesn't have any. Ford didn't start getting back in the game seriously until just recently. Your '93 stang doesn't impress me. If you want to impress us tell us what you did to get the kick you're talking about. But if your running stock I would gladly run my 4000lb Jeep against your GT any day. Think about that for a minute, you're defending YOUR BELOVED stang against big heavy trucks. You should be running circles around us. Lets hear about how well you fair against cars in your own class. My guess would be probably not too well. Like I said thats what makes you guys so much fun you don't have a clue what you're driving. Besides didn't we originaly start this topic about the 5.0? Where have you been. Isn't your GT a 4.9 or something? Just a little hummor to keep it light.

[This message has been edited by FastJeep5.9L (edited May 05, 2000).]
Old 05-06-2000, 03:09 AM
Inactive User

Well I sunk a litttle bit of money in my Mustang. Probly more than I should have. It is not stock. I`m not braging, cause I know that all it take is a hemi or 440 to throw rubber in my face.As far as praising, I don`t take sides of any of the partcular big 3. Fords,Chevys and Mopars are all good in my book until one breaks on me. As long as it isn`t an import and not a total peice of shit it`s ok w/me.Mustangs are cheap, that is why I bought one. I ma only in high school and I make 3 grand a year. My dad and I have done some tweeks and it runs high 11`s on a good day on the 1/4.
Old 05-06-2000, 03:37 AM
Inactive User

Can you elaborate please on what tweeks you've done because high 11's seems a bit out of the realm of posability with only a few tweeks? In '93 I believe that car stock was only putting out 235Hp and 280 ft/lb. Are you running NOS, rocket fuel, or what? I know you could do alot with the 5.0/4.9 or whatever. But 11's with a few turns of the screwdriver. Aren't the 4.6's faster anyway? I remain skeptical. BTW you make about as much sense as xsash. Are you related?
Old 05-06-2000, 08:21 AM
Inactive User

I doubt he is really running 11's with a 5.0. The aerodynamics aren't there. He would have to be making about 425+ hp and a few tuning tricks aren't going to do it, sorry... I have buddy who would like to be running 11's with a basically stock 5.0 so if you want to divulge some secrets he might be willing to pay you a couple of bux. Or do you mean 11's in the eighth mile. cruzerjd
Old 05-06-2000, 02:25 PM
Inactive User

Cool

I have an Flow Master Exhaust, SVO Cam, Svo rocker arms, k&n air filter,B&m Short Shifter,Summit Crank shaft makes the 302 into a 347,h beam conector rods,trick flow aluminum pistons,Cobra intake,cowl hood induction w/ram air,msd ingnition,70 mm throtlle body,hooker headers,ram clutch,3:73:1 rear end drive,asp under drive pullys,Ford Racing fuel injector, ads super chip. Well I don`t want to run Nitro Because I heard it riuns the block. Is this true? Can some one clear that up for me? As you can see this isn`t a stock Mustang. I spent alot of time and money on it and it took all my life saving.Well also it has lowering springs (for performance not a low rider) Also the 5.9 is in the Dakota 5.9 R/T. I was going to buy one of these last year until I found out the horse power. The only reason other than that for a mustang is because there is alot more after markett support for a 5.0 than a 5.9 Look at mopar now. They don`t even have a 1`st rate sports car other than the Viper. The concept Hemi 300 is cool but still only a dream. The Neon R/T is the only competition I have from Dodge around here other than an occasional Viper or Hot Rod.

------------------
*Josh*
Old 05-06-2000, 03:42 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Oh yeah by the way fast Jeep the 5.9 liter is only 5.8 also. And isn`t the 4.6 liter stronger? Hey I`m not here to piss any one off though, I just wanted to tell you 5.0`s arn`t all that weak. Hey ford is only out to prove that you don`t need A 400 cubic inch motor like mopar or general motors to kick some ass.

------------------
*Josh*
Old 05-06-2000, 06:15 PM
Inactive User

Well now, you didn't just turn a couple of screws then. We aren't here to slam your ride, just don't go saying that you have a 5.0 with a "few tweaks" that is running 11's. We all agree that Mother needs to have a few more muscle cars but they don't. If I put the same kind of work into a F body 360 or 318 that you did to your 5.0 I would run 11's also. If Chrysler listens to us as they should, you will be seeing a new Charger with either the 4.7 or 5.9 ( by the way, the 360 is a 5.9 not a 5.8 a 305 is a 5.0). Also the new 4.7 is running about 350 h.p. stock, so that is a bit more than the 5.0 with about 20 less cubic inches. cruzerjd
Old 05-07-2000, 04:50 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

i know nopower and he is not lying about his car. it is fast as f**k. i have a '99 neon R/T and it has hade everything done to it that is possible except NOS for the same reson nopower did. my neon (beleive it or not) can run the low 12's. but i still think that the hemi and the viper engines are the best engines ever made.
Old 05-07-2000, 06:01 AM
Inactive User

Does anyone else see a pattern with these kids from Ohio. Sounds like everyone is running in the 11's and 12's over there. I believe the phantom Daytona ES was from Ohio as well. Nopower I think if you had been straight with us from the start you might have gotten a better response. But first you lead us to beleive you just made a few tweeks. Then it was a "little" money, and then you gave us that long laundry list of mods you did. Wasn't the original topic for discusion here about nearly stock 5.0's? The fact is a stock Mustang until just recently isn't that fast. Any car can be made to be fast. I give you and your freind credit for your effort. I just don't understand why you chose the cars you did. If I had the $ and knowhow I certainly wouldn't waste it on a Mustang or a Neon. As for the 4.6L Stang, nothing b-4 '99 gives me trouble. I think in '99 they upped the Hp to 260 but lowered the tourque. I have a little less Hp but a whole lot more low end tourque. So no, I would say it is not stronger than my 5.9.
Old 05-07-2000, 10:07 AM
Inactive User

Lets just let this one go. Anyone can take a light car and make it run good in the 1/4. Even my LeBaron could move pretty well if I put 3 or 4 grand in drivetrain and weight loss improvements. I just wish I had the dough. I have heard tha Ford is going to use a 5.7 (351?) in the Mustangs pretty soon. One more thing, I said earlier that the 4.7 made about 350 hp, I meant the new 300M hemi motor, dohhh.... cruzerjd
Old 05-07-2000, 02:14 PM

Biggrin

I saw a Phord Mustank run at the local dragstrip last year against a Dodge truck. The Dodge won because the kid driving the Phord didn't know what he was doing. Spun the wheels off the line, kept them spinning, and got sideways after about 200 feet. Tapped the truck's right quarter panel behind the wheel, then went across the track and smashed into the guard rail. Cool. One less Phord is a good thing. I went over in the parking lot and looked at it later. The hood was untouched, but below it was all smashed in. It was an SVT slowstang convertible with 3500 miles on it. What a nice day it was! The truck ended up with a small dent. BUT WON!

[This message has been edited by Tim_K (edited May 07, 2000).]
Old 05-09-2000, 12:41 AM
Inactive User

Cool

nopower when i started this topic if youll kindly refer to the begining, i never doubted the ford power in the mustang i simply stated im tired of these guys not knowing how to put that power to the ground and blazing the tires no offense meant and i didnt say all mustank owners were this way just those i mentioned earlier now next time read the beginning red light foul to you haa haa haa haa
Old 05-09-2000, 05:30 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

Where I live, u can't drive 3 blocks without seeing one of those mudstains...the majority of them are easy fodder for the pickings and they never seem to get...torque is king on the street...

As for Nopower...even with those mods, I would be suprised to see that thing crack the 13's...maybe with some ported alum heads and a good shot of the laughing gas...

One other thing...

QUESTION: WHY DO MUDSTAIN DRIVERS WEAR THEIR HATS ON BACKWARDS?

ANSWER: IT GIVES THEIR BOYFRIEND'S SOMETHING TO READ WHEN THEY ARE BACK THERE...

Old 05-10-2000, 07:31 PM
Inactive User

MudStain
Old 05-16-2000, 07:35 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Hey have you all forgot that ford made a Hemi? Fords preformance dept built a mustang with a 500cu + motor in a mustang. I think it was over 700hp. That thing went form 0-60 in 1.9sec and it ran the 1/4 at 135. If you don't believe me go and look in one of the old Car and Drivers form this year. I'm just saying that fords hemi is just as good as Mopars. And as for the 5.0 yes they can be built to run very strong.

I hate Chevy!!!!

40Coupe
Old 05-16-2000, 11:34 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

40Coupe, yes with enough money, anything can be made fast, even mudstains...but if u can't drive, ie too busy lookin cool with your hat on backwards , u lose, built or not!

Dana
Old 05-17-2000, 02:34 AM
Moderate anarchist

More like Ford made a poor copy of the Hemi, sheez, only 700 hp out of a 500 ci hemi? Yet another one of Ford's "better" ideas. BTW, it ain't a Hemi, look at the combustion chamber. A twisted wedge, can't even build a real hemi either.

Steve
Old 05-17-2000, 03:29 AM
Inactive User

Yes Furd made a Rustang with a 570 something
cube hemi. Chev built a Craparo with a equally big motor. Car and Driver had there shootout on TV. The Furd ran an 11.0 at 130 something and the Cheb ran 11.5 at 130mph.
The Furd broke a rocker arm. TheCheb hit a plug with a piston and broke a rear. Then they went to a road course and the Cheb won because the Furd spun a bearing on the warmup lap. The times are pretty SAD!!!!. If Mopar was invited they would have run low 9's. They had over $100 000 in the cars. Two years to sort them out. The big block shootout for HotRod Mag proved Mopar Rules. Just wanted to clear some things up.
Glen440
Old 05-17-2000, 05:00 PM
Inactive User

Anyone have any info on that 605" McCandless prepped monster that they dropped into a b-body and went 9's???

Dana
Old 05-22-2000, 07:07 AM
Addicted Moparchat Member

i'm assuming the one that hot rod or car craft did? that beat up on the chevy and ford? i'll dig through my mags, i've got that issue around.