Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Inactive User

Default Q-Ships, Toasters, and Tackleboxes

Just wondering if anybody else has had something like this happen

I was leaving the health club the other night and pulled up to far outside lanie of a stoplight that 3 lanes wide and that lane compresses down into the middle lane after Maybe a 1/4 mile tops. When I pulled up to the light there was a dead stock looking and sounding silver/steel colored Scion XB (The ones that look like a toaster). Well figuring that between it being wet out, there being that XB next to me, and half of the people who drive these things wouldn't try anything funny, I shouldn't have much trouble getting up to speed and well ahead of it before I had to change lanes infront of it. Boy was I wrong, When the light changed I got on it and had the Jeep up to about 50 when I looked in my mirror and this thing was a car and half behind my back bumper AND GAINING, so I ramp the 4.0 up from 3/4 to 7/8 throttle and pull ahead a little keeping it at 2 car lengths back up till we both let out of it a 70mph! Most of what I've been able to find in the past couple of days since this is that my Jeep should be capable of running the quarter in 17.1 and this Scion is at best a 21 second vehicle but possibly as slow as 26 seconds in the quarter and can't get out of it's own way after 35mph! I can't imagine what anybody behind us thought when they saw it happen, it must have looked like a Toaster racing a Tackle Box or something
Old 03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Inactive User

Maybe it's time the Jeep gets a tune-up, or, an upgrade from 4.0L to, let's say, 5.7L?.....
Old 03-17-2007, 05:34 PM

Here is a test of a 2004 Scion XB, 108 HP automatic with 0-60 in 9 seconds and 16.76 @82.70 1/4 mile. Better tweak the Jeep in case the guy comes back.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...1/pageId=54989