Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Inactive User

Rice Are kidding me ?

Last Sunday me and my boy were coming back from getting a haircut and about 10 blocks from home I pull up to a light and some border brother in a Honda Accord thinks he's got a hot rod. We pull away and he's winding it out like it's a Porche or something.I'm thinking " Oh no. He can't possibly think he can beat me.Maybe he just got done watching The Fast and The Furious"So I let him go untill the next light.
Now mind you I don't street race and my 67 Coronet 500 is nothing special performance-wise.It has a 383 4 bbl,electronic ignition,dual exhaust w/flowmasters and that's it. So we pull away at the green, he's really serious and I stomp on it. When the second set of barrels open up, the power starts rolling on with no end in sight.I look over as I'm passing him and he just wont look over to see me and my kid laughing at him.
Next light,he hasn't had enough so I beat him again but this time he sees me running out of room w/the cars in front of me and thinks he has a chance so he drops a gear down in an effrot to keep me from pulling into his lane ,I guess, but I barge on in w/my big American Mopar and he has to hit the brakes in order to avoid clipping my rt rear 1/4 panel.
I'm going almost too fast for my drum brakes and I can smell 'em all the way to the turn lane to go left into my neighborhood. Meanwhile my 8 yr old is yelling at the homeboy "Mopar or No Car!" repeatedly.You gotta love kids.
Honda boy gets in behind me and he's had enough because he lets several cars get in between me and him and he puts some additional distance
between us.I was going to yell at him to get a man's car but he waited till I turned into my part of the neighborhood before continuing on.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Inactive User

Lol good kill, put that rice back in his place. Way to bring up ur kid too. Well i cant really say Mopar or no car, seeing pontiacs are my favorite, dont ask me why.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Inactive User

Yeah my kid keeps asking me if he gets the car when I die.I told him yes but that likely,God willing, won't happen 'till he's in his 40's or 50's.How many of us would like to have our greatgrandparent's old Dodge?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Inactive User

I wish my grandparents had an old car period. All they got is, Focus wagon, 07 Impala, 96 f150 (what i drive), and a dodge dakota. I love that dakota, that thang may only have a v-6 but it'll haul ass. My other grand parents got an S10 wit a vortec 4.3L. Then my grandmaw on my dad's side got an oldsmobil station wagon, and an '89 lincoln Town car. Very excitin group of cars there. lol
Old 03-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Inactive User

I also have an 84 Towncar...... It's my middle finger to Al Gore.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Inactive User

A lot of honda guys, or other imports I guess, are STUPID! They think just because they put a "High Performance Muffler" and a spoiler on the back of their FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE car, they are actually going to be able to win races.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbieDriver View Post
A lot of honda guys, or other imports I guess, are STUPID! They think just because they put a "High Performance Muffler" and a spoiler on the back of their FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE car, they are actually going to be able to win races.
Yeah! that muffler is lame.It sound like horse power but where's the beef?