Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Inactive User

Default lift off!!

I had a 67 coronet 440 w/a 318, worked on it for many moons, did the whole first timer thing with way too big'a cam, 3000 stall, single plane, big tubes, 340 heads 9.5:1 blah blah with 3:23's. Well, found a 8.75 w/3.91's, cuda had been stacked, got a good deal... first time out I raced a 2000-something prelude, full on tuner style but the driver was not respectful, so I got to monterey and blossom hill in san jose by wall mart and revved it to 2800 and when that light hit I dropped the brake and floored it. Tires were good and warm and that thing hooked up like oh, my gosh, and the left front came up so high that I could not see the road for a moment (read: hair tingling slightly nauseas what do I do now this is AWESOME ) and that little tuner car was no longer visible to me... I shifted, looked at the tach, couldn't figure out what it said right then, but that thing was winding FAST so when it felt like some thing was gonna break I let off... after what seemed like a long time (to me !!) here comes that honda and his eyes were really big, I rolled my window up, smiled and went home. Next morning I go out to go to work, my left front looked higher than the right, I thought "flat tire", but no such luck, I'd never heard of sub-frame connectors, that frame was bent, or something, bad, (I never did figure out what exactly bent, an Ol'Timer looked at me funny when I told him what happened, but only walked away shaking his head) and the moral of the story is, muscle CAR means more than a cool engine!!! Good night, y'all.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Inactive User

A 318 with 340 heads that twisted the frame permanently?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Inactive User

I have heard of shock breaking and causing that. Check for a broken adjuster on the torsion bar.