Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Inactive User

Default Roadrunner vs 03-06 Vette

Story goes....

It was a nice, sunny Sunday. Decided to go cruisin with my buddy for a drive in the Roadrunner. As I was about to turn right on the main strip I noticed a 03-06 Vette turning left. Told my buddy, "this is just too good to pass up" so I got in the left turning lane behind the Vette. Light goes green and the Vette moderately takes off. I stay a car length behind him. When we get on the straightaway he takes off and I let all hell break loose. Almost bumped him, got in the lane next to him and in the top of 3rd my nose was out in front of his. Shifted into 4th goin smoothly, still pullin and then it happens...damn fuel line gets sucked dry and wouldnt rev past 4500rpm haha. The tires that were on the RR at the time were literally about 10 years old and bald. The 440 thats in the RR aint the original and is a bit savage on the stock fuel system. Dad aka "beepbeepsrule" informed me that 440's are known for drainin' the fuel line dry. Not bad for a partially rusted, bald-tired, weak fuel-flowin Plymouth!

M assively
O ver
P owered
A sphault
R emover
Old 05-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Inactive User

'bet that 'Vette owner was mighty proud of himself for 'beating' and Road Runner ^_^
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 AM

Biggrin

Hey Beepbeeps! We need to get that 5/16 line upgraded pretty soon.....or not! I imagine your 3rd gear would show you way ahead in most situations, wouldn't need to leg it on out in 4th, safer that way too.

Watch out starting out behind a ricers like you did with the 'Vette, the ricers are a lot smaller and could end up getting sucked up into your Demon-Sizzler Thermoquad.....
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Inactive User

Idk who I would give that win too. You, cause ya was pullin him in before ya had problems or him fer not breakin.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Inactive User

Thing is pappers, I dont exactly "look" to race them ricers but when I'm out in my buddies car, walkin down the road, at a buddies house, at home, or even in the Polara they are EVERYwhere. Sometimes I get a little itchy and I get this "Gotta get the RR now!" attitiude. Whenever I do that or go for a Sunday cruise they are NOwhere to be found, couple of my buddies even mention that while I'm drivin' haha. I've seen a few while in the RR, even "flexed" at'em a bit but no response. They flex at me whenever I'm in the turning lane, real ballsy huh? Guess word around here spreads fast about that "rusty" white car, I love that "sleeper" look it has. Accidentally spanked a 1500 hemi ram the other day, after I let him gain a couple lengths. When those TQ secondaries open up it plays my favorite tune, kinda hard to turn the "radio" off sometimes. Know what I mean?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeeps4life View Post
Thing is pappers, I dont exactly "look" to race them ricers but when I'm out in my buddies car, walkin down the road, at a buddies house, at home, or even in the Polara they are EVERYwhere. Sometimes I get a little itchy and I get this "Gotta get the RR now!" attitiude. Whenever I do that or go for a Sunday cruise they are NOwhere to be found, couple of my buddies even mention that while I'm drivin' haha. I've seen a few while in the RR, even "flexed" at'em a bit but no response. They flex at me whenever I'm in the turning lane, real ballsy huh? Guess word around here spreads fast about that "rusty" white car, I love that "sleeper" look it has. Accidentally spanked a 1500 hemi ram the other day, after I let him gain a couple lengths. When those TQ secondaries open up it plays my favorite tune, kinda hard to turn the "radio" off sometimes. Know what I mean?
Lol I knoe whatcha mean by tha itch, except mine is to git my car runnin so i can show these idiots some american muscle. I dont hardly see and v-8's on tha road round here, i knoe they are here but just not on tha street.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Inactive User

Back in the 80s the Corvette Club of Pensacola FL had a lease on a unused Navy training air strip. PERFECT for drag racing. They invited all comers to challenge the mighty Vettes. So a bunch of us rednecks show up with rusted out Coronets, Roadrunners, Darts, etc. And EAT CORVETTES FOR LUNCH!~
Suddenly there was a change in club rules. ONLY Corvette club members was allowed to attend, if you didn't own a Corvette you had to pay higher dues.
That is one way to beat the competition. Pull a NASCAR trick.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 AM

Biggrin

I love it.....every Corvette owner needs one of these every once in a while....
Old 05-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Inactive User

Lol Corvette dudes do seem cocky, well for tha most part. I got 2 friends that own corvettes but they are cool and aint cocky at all. Well if them corvettes need a beatin, what bout tha classic GTO's?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:16 AM

That would be a good story to post on a GTO site.............
Old 05-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeepsrule View Post
That would be a good story to post on a GTO site.............
What, ya gotta GTO kill too? lol
Old 05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Inactive User

Not yet, but the future seems promising. Nahh I've grown a lil justa lil away from punkin GM, Ford and such. Its those damn ricers that are the nuisance, that Vette was just in the wrong place at the right time
Old 05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
Back in the 80s the Corvette Club of Pensacola FL had a lease on a unused Navy training air strip. PERFECT for drag racing. They invited all comers to challenge the mighty Vettes. So a bunch of us rednecks show up with rusted out Coronets, Roadrunners, Darts, etc. And EAT CORVETTES FOR LUNCH!~
Suddenly there was a change in club rules. ONLY Corvette club members was allowed to attend, if you didn't own a Corvette you had to pay higher dues.
That is one way to beat the competition. Pull a NASCAR trick.
Niiiiiiiiice.