Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Inactive User

Default Dak R/T vs 86 Toyota Celica/Supra Turbo AWD

my buddy got me into this car club off post and wanted me to join with my truck. he knew my truck was nice and it was quick, but he was cerain that his Celica turbo was faster. he told me countless stories of how he beat BMW's and GTI Golfs on the highway. so one day he was talking smack about how he runs 13's in the 1/4 with a stock 5peed man, turbo 1.8L 180hp and 175ish trq AWD car. 100%stock, so i told him that id race him just to see how my truck measured up to a 13 sec car. I smiled as we pulled up to the light and waited. the light turned green and I knew he was quick, or so i thought as i pulled him by almost 10 cars. Then as i slowed down flashed my breaks at him he flew past me at about 70 after i had slowed to the speed limit. after we got back to his house, he swore up and down he was catching me and he had a slow start cause his turbo didnt spool fast enough, and i replied, yeah you was catching me, after i had let off the gas. he told me it was before my break lights came on, i said yeah i let off the gas. truck slows when no throtal. the next day he told me the real reason he lost was because his clutch was worn out and his turbo was leaking boost preasure.

gotta love rice huh?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 PM

They never made a Supra AWD. Celica, yes, Supra, no.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
They never made a Supra AWD. Celica, yes, Supra, no.
no, bro, it wasnt a supra. it was the old blocky body style of the supra, but had big decals in the back tha said Celica AWD. i cant remember the modle but it was slow
Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Bee_R/T View Post
no, bro, it wasnt a supra. it was the old blocky body style of the supra, but had big decals in the back tha said Celica AWD. i cant remember the modle but it was slow
Here is YOUR thread title as it was written:

Dak R/T vs 86 Toyota Celica/Supra Turbo AWD

Just for your info, the Supra used to be a high end model based on the Celica and they were referred to as Celica Supra. As the Supra became more powerful, larger and more expensive, It carried its own name and its own engine. 1986 1/2 Supra had its own larger body and that was the year the turbo became an option on the inline 6.

Celicas were offered as an AWD for a year, anyway, maybe longer. However, the Supra was never AWD.

I owned two Supras, an '85 and an '89 turbo.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Here is YOUR thread title as it was written:

Dak R/T vs 86 Toyota Celica/Supra Turbo AWD

Just for your info, the Supra used to be a high end model based on the Celica and they were referred to as Celica Supra. As the Supra became more powerful, larger and more expensive, It carried its own name and its own engine. 1986 1/2 Supra had its own larger body and that was the year the turbo became an option on the inline 6.

Celicas were offered as an AWD for a year, anyway, maybe longer. However, the Supra was never AWD.

I owned two Supras, an '85 and an '89 turbo.

koolies, im not saying that it was a supra, it was a celica, AWD, but i put the celica supra, because thats what the owner called it. im not trying to disresopect no one. but thats what i knew it was. it was wedge like the new one, hatch back and AWD and turbo. all stock with maybe 180 HP. but if you wish me to change the title, ill do so. but im not sure the type other then what i was tld by the guy who owned it.lol. but i still beat it,lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM

Biggrin

As long as it wasn't a Camaro/'Cuda, I guess it is fine what ever you say..........
Old 07-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Inactive User

what if it was a firemaro?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 AM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Bee_R/T View Post
what if it was a firemaro?
Then someone has had too much to drink.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Inactive User

Quote: