Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 AM
Banned

Default Got a street race story for ya!

My gold dually has some lump, and is shiny, so a lot of ricers, and chevy's, usually try to get me to play. Well, tonight, a newer silverado, with loud exhaust and lots of stickers, was chirping his tires in the other lane, and mouthing "Mopar"..............

Well, I revved back at him, put her in gear, tightened up the driveline, and when the light turned green, he went spinning.........I ran her up to about 30, a smidge ahead of him, and let off the throttle some, because the limit was 45. Not to be outdone, he kept on the gas.

I guess he didn't see the cop parked at the ice cream/espresso stand with the gun out.

it was the best race I have ever been in!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Inactive User

I dont know why the chebby boys think there trucks are so fast? There really super slugs. I go around them all the time with my 8 liter. nice kill!!!

95 v-10 ram
Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Inactive User

Hehe, did that to a kid in an Eclipse a couple years ago, I don't think he had a license for a year after that
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Inactive User

Anyone have any experience with a Hemi Ram against a new Bow Tie 6.1? I did about a year ago. Do I need to tell elaborate how this one ended? I have been trying to behave since that one.

Also, have you ever just kicked someone's butt in a little stoplight racing, maybe like someone you know, and then after the dust is settled they call your ride a piece of Mopar junk? To me that's a sure sign of envy. Of course I have to ask that same person if my Mopar is junk, what does that make their vehicle????????!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:12 PM
Inactive User

Does that 6.1 shivy have any power or does it just make noise like the rest of them?

95 v-10 ram
Old 08-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

LOL, I seen that done a couple of times.

Rev up at a light, one screams right into the cops hands, the other idles away.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Reply to 74ChargerSE comment:

Does that 6.1 shivy have any power or does it just make noise like the rest of them?

Well this one was in an '04 2500 4X4 with monster 33" meats all around and a dual cat back system on it. You know how them Cheby guys like to dress up their 4X4s- lots of flash and inadeqaute dash.

I knew the owner of this one, because I work with him. It was a low mileage one with less than 20K on it, he really couldn't afford to drive it, I guess. He reported mileage in the range of less than 10 with the big meats on it (duh). He traded it in on a Pont. G6 a few months after our little four lane escapade.

I had played with him more than once at stoplights on the way home and frankly he didn't stand a chance at the light against my Hemi. I left him sitting there more than once before this episode.

About a year ago we were going home from work and ended up at the perfect place to get it on, at a stoplight on a four lane highway with very limited access from side roads for the next three miles.

We were side-by-side at the light and would be the first ones to leave the light. He rolled his window down, I egged him on into getting it on and he finally got the balls to give it a shot. Any way, we hadn't been gone from the light for very long before I was three car lengths ahead of him and rapidly adding more. I ran the Hemi up to the max speed that the computer would let it run, held it there for a few seconds, saw him way behind me in rearview mirror and decided it was over and backed out of it, dropping down to about 90 while I let him catch up to me. That little competition was mine from the time I left the lights.

End result was that he was pretty embarrassed that I had beat him that bad, especially since his best buddy was in the truck with him (also a bow tie boy). For the next couple of weeks he was calling my Dodge junk, which I almost (should have) came back to him with what did that make his Cheby, if mine was junk? Any way he decided he couldn't afford to drive it, so traded it off a couple of months later.

The Chevy 6.1 is definitely a far gutsier engine than the smaller 5.3L (drove one of those too that belonged to a friend). The 6.1 made decent torque and power, but it was no match for the Hemi. My truck is a 1500 QC, 2 WD. It is faster than the Hemi 4WD models I have driven. It will run neck and neck with a 4.6L stock Stang, which ain't bad considering the weight difference, which is huge. I have been better behaved since that race with the Cheby and avoided picking any fights.

Can't wait to get a new Hemi Challenger. That's my next car. Even with a 5.7L Hemi, the Chall. should be a tough street car, given the performance of my Ram with the same engine.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Inactive User

Its always so sweet to hear about a cheby truck kill!!

95 v-10 ram
Old 09-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

My one ton eats 1500 hemi trucks...........I never even considered the HEMI faster than the 360.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74charger SE View Post
Hmmm.... Must be a new engine, eh? Here I thought the 6.1L was a Hemi! Silly me.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Hmmm.... Must be a new engine, eh? Here I thought the 6.1L was a Hemi! Silly me.
Perhaps they are all meaning to talk about the 6.0L??... or maybe even the new 6.2L?? from GM...
Old 09-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Inactive User

It's been some years back but I was sitting at a stop lite in my 74' Duster with my slant six when this car pulled up next to me, it was a Ford Falcon with a carb and velocity stack sticking through the hood,this big ole' boy in the passengers seat yelled over "You want to run that piece of s--t", I just rev'ed her up and when the lite went green dropped the bomb on her. Well I smoked them to the next lite, then the big ole' boy yelled over " Not to bad a 289' against a 340' " I replied, heck it's a slant 6, he then told me to pull over, when we got out of our car's he said pop the hood smart a-s, I told him it would cost ten bucks to open the hood, he then replied that I open the hood or I was going to get some free dental work, so I opened the hood, When they saw that Holley 600DP on the Offy,the headers and that long chrome valve cover, Well seeing their jaws drop (PRICELESS)! P.S. this was one of many sleeper slant kills, the G.M. boy's did'nt take it so well but I'll go there another day.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram100 View Post
Perhaps they are all meaning to talk about the 6.0L??... or maybe even the new 6.2L?? from GM...
My thoughts exactly. GM doesnt make a 6.1 and the 6.0 is nothing but a dog. My buddy and my bro in law have them and both of their trucks are slow, cant tow worth a crap and get terrible mileage, but they swear that they are better than a Dodge. All you have to do is look at the HP and Torque ratings of the two engines (6.0 Gm vs 5.7 Hemi) to see the difference and who comes out on top. My bro in law just bought the GMC 1500 with the 6.0 Vortech Max towing package to tow his 9800lb boat. What an idiot, hes gonna find out the first time he tries a long trip that his boat is too much for that truck. I cant wait till it starts breaking so that I can tell him "I told you to buy a diesel Dodge".
Old 09-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Inactive User

The only time that I was ever at a street light against a brat in a sh!tbox was when I was in my friends '69 Coronet 440 that I helped him restore.

We were stopped at the light and a Lightning pulled up next to us. We didn't look at him, but he proceeded to roll his window down and scream obscenities at me. I couldn't hear him over the exhaust and my closed window, so I rolled it down.

I could tell that he was pissed though, because of the smug look on his face. I asked him if there was something wrong or if we had cut him off. I know that we didn't, but who knows... It was the first night that we drove the car after being completely put back together from painting and I may have forgotten to bolt the rear bumper on all the way or some crap, knowing my luck sometimes.

At any rate, he replies and says, and I quote; "The f*ck you think you hot sh!t with that sh!t?" (revs engine) "What's up now, bitch? Boosted! Just like yo ass. F*ck you, cuz!"

Then he pulls his arm out the window and gives us a gratuitous thumbs down. Jeramy (my friend, who is driving), looks over and sees this, then the driver of the Lightning proceeds to flip him off.

I ask the guy what the hell his mom packed in his lunch that was making him sh!t a brick and told him that if he thinks he has sizable competition, that he watches too much TV.

He took off and Jeremy played with him, staying about a fender in front of him, blipping the throttle, every now and then. The kid was full on the throttle of that poor F150. After about 500 feet, and a few more strings of cuss words coming from the kid, Jeremy put the 440 to half throttle and slowly layed rubber from about 40mph into third gear, up to whatever it was that we were going on that highway, before getting out of it. I think he realized that he got in over his head when we pulled away from him like he was standing still from a rolling, twice. Jeremy let him catch up to his fender once. I was trying not to cry from laughing in my seat, but I did wipe a tear and my stomach hurt from laughing so much after eating at the cruise in.

we stopped at the next light, which was about three miles down and the kid's window was up. Without smiling or making any strange faces, I looked at him, shook my head and shrugged. We didn't tear out of that light.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Inactive User

Too funny!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Banned

Damn, you rlucky the kid was a dipshit, I know of a lightning, that runs mid 11's........
But usually, the idiots with slow garbage are the ones that talk the most crap.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:10 AM
Inactive User

The Coronet runs low 9's here in Denver and high 8's at sea level. on DOT tires with a full interior, stock wheel wells, full trim, etc. I know that Jeremy has about $8G+ in that motor and he did all of the work himself. It's not something that anyone could jump in and drive. That kid couldn't do anything even if he tried. I know when he dyno'd the car about a month later, it was pulling some 900 odd ft lbs of torque at the tires here in Denver *5000+feet*. I guess that would explain the traction loss at half throttle from 40mph on his "street" tires. Once that car hits the 1000 foot mark it is just f&king STUPID fast.

And I do mean that with all sincerity. It blows through the traps at 152mph. Our track is at about 6,000 feet.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
My gold dually has some lump, and is shiny, so a lot of ricers, and chevy's, usually try to get me to play...............
...and soon after waking, I post this this.

Take it to the drag strip, Tundraboy.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

Why?
It's not very quick.
I wish it was as fast as it sounds.