Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:04 AM
Inactive User

Default 71 RR vs 69 427 Camaro

Back in 1998 a bunch of us guys where at our local sunday night cruise hangout, when the chevy guys pulled in. anyways, i went into timmies to get my double/double. apon returning to my car, i noticed this craprolet kid with a 69 427 camaro checkin' out my car (had a warmed over 440 in it at the time). i walk up and he starts asking a bunch of question and so forth. so..long story short, we decided to go for a little street dig just outside of town. we do our burnouts, one of his azzhat friends drops his arms and we both go for it. now granted he jump a good two lengths on me right off the hop, right before the eighth, i closed the gap to about half car length. then all of the sudden..HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! this morons rear pass tire blows! (we found out later he was running no tubes in his tube required slick). i keep my foot in it, i watch his ass end kick out to the right (i was in the left lane), next thing i know he's making a b-line right into my lane! i still keep my foot to the floorboard hoping i'll reach the spot on the road before he gets there. just as i'm passing 100mph, his drivers headlights were pointing right a my passenger door (bout 3 feet away). I power pass him and check my rearview mirror. he took a direct shot right into the center median divider, of which he bounced off and spun out into the weeds. shortly after I stopped and was backing up to him to make sure he was alive (by this time all his craprolets buddies got the hell outta there). He was fine but scared crapless (18 years old), and i drove him back to our local hangout. Never did see him after that.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Inactive User

See, thats why you shouldnt be street racing. Too bad a nice car had to get ruined for nothing.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Inactive User

Once, some guy in a Chevelle tried to talk me into a race. I told him thanks but no thanks then got called a pussy. My words to him, "I am what I EAT pal!" I found out later that even if i had took him up on the offer and met him where he wanted to race that he wouldnt have showed up. He'd done it before, talk guys into a race, then that car would "mysteriously" develop a problem and he'd back out.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Inactive User

95% of those chev/ford guys back off real fast when i blip the throttle.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:28 AM
Banned

Green Hornet street racing is a no no no.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod7043 View Post
Green Hornet street racing is a no no no.

yah i know, I have a problem, went to talk to my theropist but
he challenged me to a race...
he lost.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:52 AM

If you don't like street racing then don't bother reading/posting in the "Street Warrior" section of the forum... Just a thought.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Inactive User

Default the GREENHORNET vs 350 chevy vega

another time, this guy named kieth, wanted to give me a try with his orange vega with a chev 350 (for some reason he always bragged that it has a front and mid plate), i said OK.
we go to our outta town usual spot, guy drops his arms we both go...
its was a slaughter, i got him by about 8 car lengths. we both come back and he informs me that his car
was runnin too hot for that race, he wanted to go again after a 20min cool down. so we waited, when the time came.. got him even worse the second time, prolly 10 car lengths or so.
that was a fun couple of races.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Inactive User

That just goes to show you Mopars are the best
Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Banned

Hey Bigshot iused to do it when iwas younger , till i Smartened up . and learned to have areal race car and race at the track.All them so fast street car run around the street see how fast they are under timers.ive listened to it on a fri night at the track many times. Fast cars are nice but why take any chance at all with you or somebody innocent getting hurt or killled? Then of course the press with call "It 2 killed in Drag race" .Street racing sucks there is nothing good to come out of it. and let me tell ya something ill read and post to any forum iwant to. "Hornet i hope the Therapist Dont got A hemi 68 cuda".
Old 03-26-2008, 12:40 AM
Inactive User

"BigShot"?!?

ok....

#1... its on a lonley stretch of roar with ZERO crossroads. the only chance of somebody getting killed is either him or me.
#2... like I said, it was many moons ago. But i will do it again if the right car comes along.

frankly, i have more of a chance getting killed driving through rushhour traffic.

I'm not some punk driving daddy's vette or some RICER on Sunday night.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshot View Post
If you don't like street racing then don't bother reading/posting in the "Street Warrior" section of the forum... Just a thought.
Excellent point Bigshot.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

Only problem is that it brings a Real negative stigma to Organized racing.