Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-10-2001, 12:25 AM

Default joke

Well I've seen it all Ijust came from a night street race with the import crowd I also just finished drag racing during the day at our local track(our dart ran 11.99 in the quarter).Anyway I go out to see these modern marvel race cars + was sorely disappointed the winner of the whole night was a 14.43 car who beat the whole group of them it was a sad sight to a guy who used to see 12 sec cars on the same road(I asked a guy who I would race when I brought my cars out next spring + he pointed to the row of imports I laughed + asked him if I give them a 2 or 3 second head start).I hope this is just a phase like those sick looking VW beetle + maybe they'll die away too!!!!!!.

1981 dodge challenger 340 2 stages of nos
1939 dodge coupe supercharged 383
1987 dodge dakota 2.2 H.O
1991 dodge spirit
Old 09-10-2001, 10:12 PM
Inactive User

These imports are getting boring already. I really hate those clear tailights. My friend raced some turbo import with his 440 Dart and killed him. He followed the guy into the parking lot where they all were and asked who wanted to race next. The guy he just beat said that until now he had the fastest car there. The Dart was good for 12.9 in street trim.
Old 09-24-2001, 11:58 PM

One of these turkeys came out of nowhere and along side of me and my 440/6 roadrunner with a Saturn. It had a big ol'exhaust pipe, stickers all over the place, and a Monster tach. I was with my 2 sons and we started laughing at the dudes, downshifted into first, stood on it and opened up the six barrel on his ass.Left him in the tire smoke!
Old 09-25-2001, 04:04 PM
Inactive User

I just beat an early 90's turbo eclipse last night, the funny part was that the roads where wet so I couldn't really even get on the gas above 3/4 throttle.
Old 09-29-2001, 11:39 AM
Inactive User

Hi Bill - I saw a beautiful convertible white Dak on the street yesterday - could it be the one you guys were working on when I brought my truck in? Nice! Truck is running great thanks, I ordered a QuickD intake, I'll bring it in and show you when I get it.
Old 09-29-2001, 01:40 PM
Inactive User

That truck is in my parking lot at work right now! (the examiner). We have the dealership challenge on all weekend, lots of vehicles (new 2002 Ram is a MONSTER). Anyway, I took a good look at it, I'm pretty sure it's the one you & your dad were working on ... it is beautiful. I like rims, never seen gold badges like that. Did you guys say that you dropped a magnum V8 motor in it, can't remember. Anyhoo, nice work, if it's not yours, then someone else is doing good things with older daks!
Old 10-03-2001, 01:59 PM
Banned

Hey Airgrabber make sure you check for saturn debris (doors, headlamps, wipers, mirrors, etc.) in those 6 barrels of the 440/6. The intense vacuum created outside this beast has been known to suck people off of sidewalks and stuff..........I got a kick out of reading your story...That was so cool.
Old 10-04-2001, 01:22 AM
Inactive User

Default MOPAR

I LOVE ALL MOPARS, OLD, NEW, 4,6,8,&10 CYL. THAT IS ALL I WILL EVER BUY.

SAD FACT, NOT ALL THESE IMPORTS ARE SLOW. I HAVE SEEN VIPERS GET SLAYED AT THE TRACK BY NITROUS FED VTEC HONDAS.
LISA KUBO RUNS A 9 SEC 900 HP TURBOCHARGED HONDA.

IT SUCKS, BUT THERE ARE IMPORTS OUT THERE THAT THRIVE ON BLOWING AWAY MUSCLE CARS. THE KIDS WITH THE CLEAR TAIL LIGHTS AND ALL THAT SHIT ARE A JOKE. THE REAL KILLERS ARE OUT THERE WAITING, USUALLY HARD TO SPOT. I HAVE BEEN EATEN BY ONE BEFORE. I ALMOST CRIED.

FAST OR NOT, I STILL HATE RICERS.
Old 10-05-2001, 09:26 PM

Default not so good

I agree that the ricers can be fast after about 80000 dollars and as for lisa if she ever tried to drive her car on the street it would be done in about 10 seconds they can run fast but only for a 1/4 of a mile then it's lights out a well built v-8 can still run on the street + run nines I watched two dodges a couple of weeks ago at a mopar show at cayuga in fact one of them was on hotrod t.v.
if they want to talk full blown race cars then I can name dozens of guys that will kick the rice out of there rafts.
Old 10-05-2001, 09:50 PM
Inactive User

Default YEAH

THE DAMN RICERS! THERE IS A GROUP DOWN HERE, THEY ANNOY ME!
THEY CALL THEMSELVES THE VTEC COALITION OR SOMETHING.
I SEE THE SAME FEW GUYS ALWAYS HANGIN IN THE PARKING LOTS WITH THIER LITTLE LAWN MOWER CARS.
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT TWO OF THE CARS, BUT THIS ONE LITTLE RED 97 INTEGRA RUNS LOW 12'S CONSISTENTLY. THE KIDS GOT HIS TRACK SLIPS TO PROVE IT. I HAVE ALSO SEEN HIM LAUNCH AT A LIGHT, IT LOOKS PRETTY STOUT.

HE DUSTS A LOT OF MUSTANGS AND CAMAROS WITH IT, I GUESS MAYBE IT'S NOT ALL BAD.

I WOULD LIKE TO RUN HIM ON THE STREET WHEN HIS DOESN'T HAVE HIS LITTLE SLICKS ON. MY Z WILL RUN HIGH 12'S ON STREET 225/50R15 PIRELLI'S. I MAY HAVE A CHANCE IF HE DUMPS HIS CLUTCH AT TOO HIGH OF AN ENGINE SPEED, BUT IF I LOST I COULDN'T LIVE WITH MYSELF.

OH WELL, THE BUILT V-8 IS STILL KING ALL AROUND, ALWAYS WILL BE. BUT I LOVE TWEAKING THE TURBO MOPARS, IT'S QUITE IMPRESSIVE WHAT THEY WILL DO AND STILL BE JUST AS RELIABLE AS A DAILY DRIVER.

THERE IS A GUY AT THE DODGE GARAGE.COM, HIS G BODY RUNS 12'S ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, ON PUMP GAS, AND IT HAS 120,000 ON THE HEAD, BLOCK, AND TURBO ALONG WITH A STOCK CAMSHAFT. IT ALSO GET AWESOME MILEAGE!!!!
Old 10-08-2001, 11:31 PM

Default ricers suck

I just got back from a two day meet at our local track + had a great time partly because the fastest ricer in our town showed up(It ran 14.68 on 5000 dollars in motor work + nitrous)that was a laugh.our dart was slow due to a head wind but we managed 11.98 at 110 mph not real good but the wind was right up the track.as for the ricers after every excuse they could think of they slinked away like they always do.I used to own a stock smogger 318 in a 3400 lb car that ran 14 flat on motor through the manifolds with just a cast intake + 4 brl.I don't know but if this is progress take me back to the 60"s.The civic that ran weighs 2200 lbs on the scales with driver + has a fortune in work that is sad.an air filter + exhaust on a 2.2 turbo + you can run quicker than that.These ricers are junk.

People
Against
Import
Drivers

1939 dodge coupe 383 supercharged
1981 dodge challenger 340 2 stages NOS
1987 dodge dakota 2.2 H.O
1991 dodge spirit 2.2 N.O
Old 10-09-2001, 12:17 AM
Inactive User

Default hell yes

MY DAYTONA IS ALMOST A 3,000LB CAR. I THINK IT IS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE TO RUN HIGH TWELVES ON THE STREET OR AT THE TRACK WITHOUT AN INTERCOOLER OR NITROUS.

MY GOAL IS TO GET THAT CAR INTO THE 11'S WITHOUT AN INTERCOOLER OR NITROUS. I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD, BUT I WANT TO HAVE THE FASTEST NON INTERCOOLED TURBO IN THE WORLD. DREAM ON RIGHT? WELL THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING FOR ANYWAY.

MY PLANS INCLUDE TO DROP MORE WEIGHT, UP MY BOOST PRESSURE, (THIS IS HARD WITHOUT AN INTERCOOLER ON PUMP GAS, IT TENDS TO CAUSE DETONATION) TUNE THE EXHAUST, (IT NEEDS A LITTLE BACK PRESSURE) AND ADD A FIFTH INJECTOR IN THE PLENUM TO HELP WITH MY HIGH RPM STARVATION, SHE BREAKS UP AROUND 6,000 LATELY FOR SOME REASON. I THINK I NEED NEW SPRINGS AGAIN. I FIXED THE SAME PROBLEM 12,000 MILES AGO WITH THE MP SPRINGS.

GOT ANY OTHER IDEAS? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE. THE MOTOR HAS 29,000 ON IT SINCE THE BUILD UP.