Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-03-2001, 11:29 PM
Inactive User

Default 63 Valiant takes out 72 Mach 1

I was out cruising the other day after just putting on my 10 inch wide tires. Up and down the "strip" people were revving their engines at me when with my smaller tires nobody would even bother. Any ways the first time I stop at a light a 94 Geo metro wants to race, he was revving the heck out of that engine. I didn't want to waste too much gas so I keep it under 2000 rpm just enough to pull ahead of him. At the very next light a 99 Silverado starts revving his engine. Again I rev it just enough to beat him. I thought the night would be full of these types of races so I was heading home from the far side of town. Well I was sitting at a light when a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 pulled up beside me, just great condition and sounded wonderful. He didn't rev his engine at all. I thought the one race that night that might be fun and this guy doesn't want to run. The light turns green and we both kind of leech off the line, when all of the sudden he guns it. He jumped probably a fender ahead before I gave about 2500 rpm to catch up. I looked over and gave my car a little shot of throttle to about 3100 rpm at about the same time he shifted into third I believe. He car was screaming but my Valiant pulled ahead by about a fender. I then shut it down at about 40-45 rpm to not get a ticket because of the amount of cops in the area. Either way I read 72 Mach 1 runs in the high 13's and that was in the 1970's, so at least I got to race a half-ways fast car. I think my little cheap ugly rusted Valiant beating his perfect condition Mach 1 is a pretty good story. By the way my Valiant has got a 440ci stuffed in it, with 4.30 gears. I betcha he thought I didn't stand a chance.
Old 10-03-2001, 11:34 PM
Inactive User

Default COOL

I KNOW FAST FORD'S EXIST, (DAMNIT) BUT I STILL HATE THEM.

GOOD RUN MAN!