Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-22-2001, 12:00 PM
Read : Untouchable

Default hey mo-nutz

i am sure you would dust his ass with any one of those turbos...i had a omni Glh race me one time that put up a better fight than that prelude.

i watched a 2001 toyota celica blow itself up trying to beat my cuda in a race one time...
i was racing him and he hit 4th too early (i heard it, so did he) so he PUT IT BACK IN THIRD and all i saw was the nose of the car dive down, the tires lock up in the front and the car just stopped right there.
we couldn't get the car to move after that, it wouldn't start and the tranny wouldn't shift gears...warranty covered the damage but he wouldn't race me again. =Ã
Old 11-22-2001, 10:42 PM
mad440sixpack

HAHAH!!
Old 11-22-2001, 10:47 PM
mad440sixpack

Hey 440_bee,at least you were kind enough to give that shmuck a ride home! heh
Old 11-23-2001, 01:20 AM
Inactive User

I agree with most everything you fella's are saying. I hate the ricers with a passion, every scince I got back from Nam. I guess I am the quiet type, believe action speaks louder than words. But I DO know that words like that have a habit of coming back and biting you in the ass. Walk softly and carry a big stick (MOPAR)

I'd rather be Cummin than Strockin. :-)))
Old 11-23-2001, 04:26 AM
Inactive User

Default mo-nutz??

hehe Mo Nutz, I like that. I think I'll leep it
Old 11-23-2001, 06:42 PM
Inactive User

The picture I saw was of a red Shadow, but I don't know what year it was. The caption was: "The first FWD car in the 10s." I saw it a while back, so I might not be correct after all. Donavan really is a genius, a mad one, but a genius nonetheless. If I am wrong, I'll eat crow on that one.
Old 11-24-2001, 04:30 AM
Inactive User

hmmmm, red Shadow. The quickest Shadow I know of is this one, and it happens to be red.
is this maybe it?

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/friend..._st_louis.html
Old 11-25-2001, 05:35 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

That's Dave St. Louis. That WAS a bad ride. On the way to/back
the drag-strip, he was involved in an accident and totaled the Shadow, and his 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee. But he and his daughter
didn't get hurt. I know he found another 5.9 JGC, but I'm not sure what he was going to do with the car. Later

Craig W
Old 11-25-2001, 01:12 PM

Dart 65, notice I said "MY" definition; it's not necessarily your definition or the dictionary's. If you don't like it that's fine, I'm not trying to force you to use it. It works fine for me. Also cubic inches vs. liters; who cares? Volume is volume. They are directly comparable. The point was that here in America the engineers tend to build larger displacement engines than are found in most foreign cars, and always have. The phrase "there's no substitute for cubic inches" is an old and respected one that began way back in the big hot-rodding days, so I used it. I think it sounds better than "there's no substitute for liters". I guess to be safe in the modern era one should say "there's no replacement for displacement".
Old 11-25-2001, 03:45 PM
Inactive User

yeah I saw the pics of that crash. pretty harsh to see that much time and money all over the road...
From the looks of it they were lucky to walk away from that one.
Old 11-26-2001, 07:07 PM
Inactive User

Mmmm. Yummy crow. Tastes kinda like chicken. Needs some salt though...
Old 11-26-2001, 07:14 PM
Inactive User

No, Goose, I am not trying to start an argument with you. God, no, I have enough battles in my life at the moment. I am simply saying that liter for liter, the Japanese cars get more power than "American" cars do. I don't like it either, but it's the truth. For performance, I think that Chevy and Phord would be far smarter to design overhead cams for their "hot" cars. The Viper has them, doesn't it? I am not totally sure about that, but I think it does.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:50 PM

I agree with you there, specific power output of foreign engines is usually higher than those made in the states... when it comes to acceleration though, it's your torque to weight ratio that matters. An engine's torque output basically only depends on its displacement (this is simplified of course!!) so acceleration roughly comes down to cubic inches per pound. This is why a musclecar will kill a Honda every time, it's got a lot fewer pounds per cubic inch. Of course boost is the great equalizer... doubling your intake pressure (or VE) doubles your engine's torque, which is equivalent to doubling cubic inches with the same intake pressure/VE. Ok I'm rambling
Old 11-27-2001, 06:55 PM
Inactive User

I have to admit a (very) grudging respect for certain ricegrinders.
Some of them are incredible fast; faster than some musclecars, I believe. But no, most of them are nothing more than a fart tip, lowering blocks, and a way too big spoiler. I even saw a "race car" Saturn the other day. Will this ever end? Interestingly, the new Nissan Pathfinder(?) has a supercharger on it and it only makes 210 horsepower. That's pitiful! If you need a supercharger to get 210 horses, you need to fire the engineers and start over.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:30 AM
Inactive User

All I have to say why go fast if you cant look good doing it? And we all know there is nothing that looks sweeter than a muscle car with the 150 mph speedo peg'd. They can add as many stickers and a spoiler that looks like they made it in shop class, but MOPAR is the king of winged cars and all others are cheap imitations..... well maybe I had a few things to say but when I started this post I promise it was going to be a 1 sentence thread. You guys are great and I love to read all of your posts
Old 11-30-2001, 11:16 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Default Re: To 360 Coronet:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dart 65
Sorry to burst your bubble, but foreign cars are now domestic cars, and domestic cars are now foreign cars. Funny how it works, eh? All of the big three's full size trucks are made in Mexico, and a great deal of "American" cars are made in Canada.
Hondas, Nissans, and Mazdas, are, with the exception of the engines, made here in the States. And some "American" cars are nothing more than rebadged Japanese cars. Remember the Ford Probe and the Dodge Stealth? For a more recent car, try the Stratus R/T, which is really an Eclipse with a different front end and no convertible option. And will you consider Chrysler products "American" when Mercedes' parts start creeping into them over the next few years? Think about that 'cause it's gonna happen, like it or not.
DOdge and GM both also build trucks in the states too. Dodge has the St Louis Plant and GM has the Fort Wayne Plant.
about 500 bucks of the cars final price goes to the assembly line workers. Thats all it costs for final assembly. THe rest of the money goes to the dealership and to pay back the 3-9 Billion it took to develope the car in the first place.
Domestic cars are cars that are designed and mostly built in the states. I know guys engineers who work for GM, Ford and Mopar..I dont know a single dude that works for FIat, Mazda, MB, etc etc..
But yes, regrettably Chrysler is owned by MB...
I chew on that alot..
Maxwedge