Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-03-2001, 04:26 AM
Inactive User

Default Last Night for the Year

***snip****
Old 11-03-2001, 10:40 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Good kills, There is nothing like taking out ricers and putting them in their place...................10 car lenths behind you!!!
ooo14
Old 11-03-2001, 04:01 PM
Inactive User

My friend a couple years ago raced a twin turbo Talon with his 440 Dart. He killed the guy and then followed him into the parking lot where all the ricers were hangin. He asked who was next and they told him that until now the Talon was the fastest there.

This guy chased a Mustang that laid rubber beside my Volare at The shop we had. I would have gone but I was working on it.
I never seen him run so fast with his bad leg before. Well he caught the guy and slaughtered him.
He picked the wrong shop to be hotroddin around cause there were 4 BB Mopars that were there:
400 69 Charger maybe 14's
My 400 Volare 13.3 in street trim
440 Dart 12.9 in street trim
and a 440 powered tube chassis 40 Ford.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:28 PM
Inactive User

Although it all just proves how much better the muscle car/mopar crowd is a better group. I'm glad I'm no rice boy.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:26 PM
Inactive User

nothins more fun then smoking 2 gears worth of 295-50-15 while being 3 car lengths in front of some fart tipped ricer who thinks a 15 sec car is fast.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:36 AM
Inactive User

It always seems that someone has some lame excuse when they get smoked by something that they didn't expect. Engine failure is always a popular one. Another one is "my clutch is messed up." Granted that some of these cars may be fast, I have yet to see any, if the kids knew how to drive them in the first place. Good job though, good kill. Keep the rice where it belongs...on the kitchen shelf.
Old 11-05-2001, 07:19 PM
Plutonium Member

Post Why people buy ricers.

I think the popularity of ricers may be an insurance issue. Most people can't afford insurance for a Camaro or Firebird. When my 17 year old daughter got her license, I reported the additional driver to my insurance agent. I asked what would insurance be for her with a new Camaro. Then I asked what would the insurance be for her with a new Viper. Well, the insurance for her driving a new Viper was lots less than if she had a new Camaro to insure. And you know how much more insurance is for young boys as opposed to girls.

BTW, she's afraid of The Mighty Dodge - it's too big & fast for her!
And I plan on keeping it that way!
Old 11-05-2001, 08:52 PM
Inactive User

Yeah any new v8 is rough with insurance, but if you can get good collectors insurance, then its actually damn cheap for the kinda power a classic can put out. Even with a younger person driving the classic as the primary driver insurance can often be less than insuring a new civic or tarus for a yonger person. If you hunt enough there are good cheap insurance plans.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:09 AM
Inactive User

The only cheap insurance around here for old cars you have to be at least 25. You can drive the car anywhere but to work or for groceries.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:47 PM

On the insurance thing, my cousin just bought his first new car, he went with an Audi A4 turbo with the Quattro option. This thing is reasonably quick and also handles like a go-kart, I was impressed when he gave me a ride. I asked him if he'd looked into a new Civic, and he said he'd thought about it for a minute, but really didn't want a FWD, slow car. Not only that, but when he checked the insurance, his new turbo AWD Audi was a hell of a lot cheaper than a Honda! It must be because all the punks in Hondas are accumulating bad records, 'cause they're certainly not hot cars!! My cousin has fun destroying the ricers, especially in the rain when the FWD cars can't hook up and his Quattro can still launch like a mofo.

My favorite kind of racing is cruising the local strip and waiting for some dumbass with a fart tip to start revving his engine at a red light. I never fail to get them by 3 or 4 car lengths by the end of my 1st gear! And my RR is basically stock... meaning high 14's. From that you can figure out how slow the cars are that think they can race me.
Old 11-07-2001, 03:49 PM
Inactive User

I'm not sure they understand that thier cars are neither drag cars or rally cars. They are just plain old cars. Will they ever learn?