Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-14-2001, 01:38 AM
Inactive User

Default beat a maxima....

Driving down Rt 1 up here in maine and was at a light with a late 90's maxima next to me. I guess he wanted to race, but I didn't really catch on, I took off at 1/2 throttle not really expecting a race when I look over and see the guy power shifting into 2nd gear w/ a little chirp. By this time im doing 25 mph and she is shifting to 2nd gear, and I finally realize this guy is trying to run em and is about 1 car length ahead of me. So I floored it and she downshifted to 1st gear and I was past the maxima before I hit about 42 mph and shifted back to 2nd. The guy was laughing when I went passed him like he was standing still, I know not a very impressive kill but the guy asked for it...(disclaimer)-for all you guys saying streetracing is dangerous all this happened without speeds exceeding the limit.....drive safe....ramiam
Old 11-14-2001, 10:36 AM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs up He asked for it!

He probably was just baiting you to see how fast a Ram really is. He knew he didn't stand a chance from the git-go.

I've tried to get Vipers to do the same thing except they wouldn't bite. You'd think they'd be willing to race a fast & obviously not stock Ram, but they might as well have been driving a Chevette, at least as far as how fast they accelerated. I didn't even put the go-pedal half way down, but I sure took off fast up to 9 MPH over the speed limit in safe conditions (like you).
Old 11-14-2001, 11:28 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Well for what it is the nissan maxima acually has some balls. Its 0-60 is usually in the 6.5 second range. Good run
ooo14
Old 11-15-2001, 01:17 AM
Inactive User

Default just to let you know...

This was not the newer style 222 hp maxima, it was the older style, which I think look better, but I don't think they perform as well. This was a mid-50's man and it had temp plates on it....must be a mid-life crisis car....thought it was a sports car....lol.....ramiam
Old 11-21-2001, 02:23 AM
Banned

Thumbs up any kill is a good kill in my book

ramiam good job on that kill. you have to put them in there place or they will come and try you again and again and again. they just dont understand do thay. thanks cmyindy