Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-25-2001, 10:00 PM

Cool 4.7 Dak vs Chevy Truck

Got to race an older Chevy truck the other day. I pull up to a stop light here in town that I have used to surprise a few people with. You see, right on the other side of the light is a sign that lets you know to merge left, that the right lane runs out. You only have about a few hundred feet before the lanes turn into one. This is something you can obviously see even without the sign. I guess alot of people that are in a hurry think that it will be no problem over taking a 4X4 truck or something. I've won a few short races here and lost one to a newer Firebird.

Anyway... I'm in the left hand lane and have a few cars behind me, and this older Chevy truck pulls up beside me and gives me that look. Not sure what year it was, had the boxy looking front end. The truck looks really, really good... new bright red paint with a cowl hood, looks lowered with nice rims and wider performance looking tires. Had a nice growl to it as well. Someone had spent some time and money on this truck. The driver couldn't have been more than 18 years old, and was inching up, reving it a little.

The light turns green and he spins his wheels a little (more than a chirp, but not really a long burnout either). I took off slightly higher than idle and once the truck was rolling stomped it. FULL BOOST! It was just a second and I had to hit 2nd. Powershifted into 2nd leaving a little rubber on the road and was off. As my 4.7L brothers allready know 2nd and 3rd are where these trucks really excell...even without the supercharger. I look over to see where the Chevy is, and his front bumber is right at my door and slowly loosing ground. I'm not sure if he expected me to just slam on brakes so he could go by or what, but he was running out of room quick and wasn't letting up at all. Even though I had cars behind me at the light, there was no-one even close to where we were by this point, and he could have/ should have fell back and got in line. He didn't. His lane ran out and he was laying on the horn and ran all up into the shoulder of the road. Grass and gravel just flying! Luckily it was a soft shoulder with no ditch and the fool didn't loose control and hit me! He finally hit the brakes and fell in behind me where he belonged. I couldn't believe this fool was willing to mess up a nice truck like that for no reason. After I see that he has fell in behind me, I ease off the gas and get it back close to the speed limit. I look back in my rear view mirror and this guy is yelling and screaming and beating his steering wheel, all the while pointing at me. Like I could hear him, or it was my fault he didn't have what it took to get around me. Anyway... first chance he gets, he passes me on a double line, I slow down, let him by and I turn off on a side road. Was glad to let him pass me at this point, so this crazy fool wouldn't try to follow me home or some stupit sh*t.

Sorry this is so long, just thought it made for an interesting story.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:22 AM
Read : Untouchable

Default haha

i love it when you see people beating their steering wheels and stuff. they get really mad and give you the finger and all you can do is laugh...it's their fault they are mad in the first place and they shouldn't have messed with anyone driving a dodge unless they want to get their asses handed to them, both in raw power and driving skill.
a buddy of mine was driving his parents acura one day and was explaining to me how fast it was. i told him any one of my family's dodges would waste his ass and he gives me the whole "they are all race cars, this is a family sedan"
so i told him i would race him with my dad's 300M.
the next day he came to school with all these motortrend and car and driver magazines where the 300M loses to the acura and stuff.
i said whatever, i don't care if i lose, its the slowest car we have (besides the motorhome and the truck...and even the motorhome picks up pretty good...one of those indian things with a 440 in it =) ) so i went to my dad's work, traded him the dart for the 300M, and went at it on a highway. the fool got his ass handed to him, but kept in it for the windy part of the road. naturally, i knew i could outdrive him, so i just kept my foot in it...if anyone else has ever driven a 300M, you know how well they corner...and i had him so far behind me by the time i was done that i could barely make out his daytime running lights.

even if his car was faster than mine, i knew i would take him because i am used to going way faster than the average human while commuting from work and back =)

oh, when he finally did catch, me, he was beating his leather steering wheel =Ã
Old 11-26-2001, 01:43 AM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs down

People who do incredibly stupid things like try to pass you from the right from a lane that clearly ends in a few hundred feet shouldn't be on the road anyway. And to have one get mad at you for his own stupidity sounds like he shouldn't be allowed to drive unless it's over a cliff to fullfill getting their justly desrved Darwin Award.

Good kill!
Old 12-05-2001, 01:30 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Congrats 4.7 Dakman..

The shivy driver sounds like he graduated from the Earnhardt school of racing.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:03 AM
Read : Untouchable

Default HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahhhhaha

haha
.heh..heh...haaa

that was really funny GS, thank you, that was good.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:40 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Hey guys
Im from Indiana but I now live in SoCal..anyway People here, by and large, have NO CLUE as to what to do on a 2 lane highway.
Example
couple weeks ago I drove to Vegas from LA. on the way back from Vegas you have to take a 2 lane. Well the road is packed from noon sunday to 8pm because of all the LA people going home.
I noted that they ALL(and I mean ALL) drive in the left lane. THe passing lane is the right, to them at least..But that what you get when you drive with people whom are used to the average road being 4 lanes wide..
ARG
MW
Old 12-07-2001, 02:53 PM

Good chebbie kill.