Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Inactive User

Default 55 chevy vs 3 71 Plymouths= total desimation

I wish we would have had a camera on this
- As I have posted elsewhere here, in the town where I live we have 3 cars that are almost identical. We also have a guy witha 55 Chevy w/327 that had been talking ALOT of schmack. We would run into this guy from time to time out in the local estabilshments and would have to endure his "my chevy this and my chevy that", but we could never get him to actually show us- we're kinda stupid that way- ya gotta show us. Well this had been going on all summer, then in September- the opportunity for the facts to be shown presented itself. We were heading home from day out with the cars when low and behold on a separated 4 lane hiway, we see mr bullpie( bowtie) ahead- and the light turning red. We quicky rearranged our order so the quickest car was out front, to me in the rear,( hey they have a 440-6, 440, and I'm a 383 guy.) and thats how we lined up. Now the guy in the bullpie is so startled by actually having to put up, ( can't shut up now) , that he doesn't see us other two lined up. The light turns green and it wasn't even a race. He tried , but J and his runner just destroyed him,:chainsaw: V said the look on his face was precious when he passed him in the GTX, and his girlfriend was looking for greener fields when that sloepoke 383 of mine beat him to the 1/4 mark. He was so embarrased he pulled off into a construction site just so he wouldn't have to face us at the next light- and yes we were waiting for him to " catch up" Well town is ALOT quiter now- he won't even stay in a tavern if we show up I dunno why- we're sociable. :flip:
Old 12-02-2003, 08:39 PM

Great story... and I'm sure Mr 55 Bowtie is embarrassed and best of all he'll keep his mouth shut from now on!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

That 327 is an excellent engine. But , up against Mom MoPar,....ha ha ha ha ha.

To much car, not enuff cid.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Inactive User

To be sure the 327 IMO is the best engine GM ever built. But your right, it has to be in small car to be effective. That is the third 327 i've run in full size car,( the others being a 69 El Camino and a 65 Impala SS), with the same results. They were quite dissapointed especially when they saw the stock exhaust mainifolds on my car.