Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Inactive User

Default Fordfried rice for dinner.

I'm driving home from work in the Roadrunner and I had just put the smaller carb(800) on and switched back to the 10 inch converter(I was testing the 8") for driving around on the street and some riced out ford T-bird with a loud muffler comes rolling up on me through traffic.
I look over and laugh a little because his 86 or so T-bird looked like a giant Honda.
He got pissed and I let him get about 1/2 a car when we were rolling and then I jumped on it and passed him while spinning through 1st and then hit 2nd and he decided to turn off while he was about 10 car lengths back.
I stopped at the next light and some kids in an import were giving me the thumbs up. It's good to see that the kids still appreciate the old musclecars.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:35 PM

Great kill!

I'll try to send you an email when I get out to Henderson sometime this year. Maybe you'll let me see your car.

GT
Old 04-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Thanks

Well, it's no car show winner, it's in very bad need of a paintjob and interior but it's mine and I love it. You can check it out any time, It's just a bunch of used parts thrown together on the cheap but it does resonably well.
It ran 12.1 with the 4.30's and slicks, now it runs 13.04 @109mph leaving in 2nd and shifting to 3rd at the end with 3.23 gears and street radials. This is all here in Vegas.
Not a Killer by any means but a fun ride that surprises most of the competition.
I'm going to switch to larger valves and a nice valve job and hopefully pick up about 3 tenths or so.
The car weighs 3500 with me in it. Hope to see you out at the track, your car looks pretty fast.---Jim
Old 05-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

My Cuda is in poor shape. But is still get thumbs up when I'm just cruisin on by. I can burn the rubber in 3 out of 4 gears and have put the smack down on zelous drivers of other makes on the road. (Best fun was a 455 Olds. He just would not give up.)
Just gotta have fun in this thing.
When the ricer crowd comes up to start in, I give them the act.
Then the smack down.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:07 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

Quote:
. I can burn the rubber in 3 out of 4 gears and have put the smack down on zelous drivers of other makes on the road. (Best fun was a 455 Olds. He just would not give up.)
Quote:
He got pissed and I let him get about 1/2 a car when we were rolling and then I jumped on it and passed him while spinning through 1st and then hit 2nd and he decided to turn off while he was about 10 car lengths back

how do you guys go so fast with your tires spinning?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

"how do you guys go so fast with your tires spinning"
Simple, first off, I said I "Could" spin in 3 out of 4."
Never siad I beat this guy doing that. DUH!
A slow enuff not to spin tires depressing of the "GO" pedal is what is done. Or do you not realize such a thing?
Otherwise, I'd never beat a moped doing that.

"86 or so T-bird " Fat tube with no balls. (Although the 8 cyl.'s have nice potential. Like a stroker 347 or 351 swap. Fords have a 400+ cube stroker for the 351 engines as well.) A 1/2 car is nothing. Even less when a 440 engine is equiped with the right parts. The HP per cube vs. weight is heavly in favor of the Plymouth. Torque must be even better vs. the Ford.
Hummm, James, whats the current converter/gear set up?
3.23's and stret radials?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Oh Hey andy, I forgot to say, the fun I had with the Olds, I could get him good until it was all over for me. By this I mean I ran out of gear and RPM's to go any farther or faster.
If it was a 1/4 mile race, I know i would have won.
The Olds driver had a '70-'72 Cutlass, 455 auto convert.
Nice ride it was.

My Cuda (Read below) w/ the purple 292 cam only goes so far, so fast. Thats the limitations of the street strip set up as set up.

Let me tell you something I seen in my rear view mirror. This guy would come up on me like a house on fire at the end of my limits.
You know he was going fast when he goes by you with that car moving wind as he pass's you. No doubt his car was fast, just heavy and i'll geared to beat.

Ahhhh, nothin like empty hwy. , late night jounts. After speaking with him, he said something like 3.55's in the rear. Memory is a little foggy.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:51 PM

rumblefish,just post some ET slips..........
Old 05-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Inactive User

heyandy,

When first joining an internet community, it's probably a good idea to take the time to find out who the knowledgable and respected members are before you start questioning other people's posts. I hope you didn't mean it that way, but when you say "just post some ET slips" it sounds like you're calling rumblefish360 a liar. Those of us who know, know that he doesn't post B.S.

You could be an automotive genius for all we know, but when you have less than 20 posts, we don't know where you're coming from. I do hope that I've misunderstood, and if I have, I apologize in advance.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

72Challenger; Thanks for your kind words.

heyandy; Posting E.T. slipd proves nothing. Why? They may not be mine.
Oh, just incase you think I came off as a snot nose punk. I sorry.
Also, didn't notice your new to the forum, welcome aboard!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Inactive User

Default Henderson

I wish I had seen it...

My car is in Overton getting a new 360 put in this week. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:22 PM

[QUOTE]When first joining an internet community, it's probably a good idea to take the time to find out who the knowledgable and respected members are before you start questioning other people's posts.[/QUO

well,i just go by what is written..

Quote:
You could be an automotive genius for all we know, but when you have less than 20 posts, we don't know where you're coming from

i thought i was being pretty obvious....by the way,what difference does it make how many posts i have,and do i have to be a genius to post anything here??

ive been watching this board for years,i don't need to register for that.

i just see something on a board like this topic and i crack up

make of it what you want..
Old 05-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Quote:
i thought i was being pretty obvious..
Whats obvious?
Quote:
and do i have to be a genius to post anything here??
No! Please post often. This is what makes this BB strong. By all means, chime in.
Quote:
by the way,what difference does it make how many posts i have
It'll seem that your new. Thats why you got the comment of getting to know people here.
Quote:
ive been watching this board for years
See, thats what I mean, a low post count. Your reading, learning (?, I hope, I do.) Join in.
Quote:
i just see something on a board like this topic and i crack up
Ditto on a lot of things here.
However, this seems curt, boarder line rude.
Quote:
rumblefish,just post some ET slips..........
Not asking, seems like a demand or dare. No icons to help with feeling behind the thought. true, there just typed words, read and taken in and then a decission has to be made on how it was ment to be delivered.
Quote:
make of it what you want..
Here, with the icon at the end, I'd say your confused. Now where getting somewhere.

Just my take. Like I said, chime in on more threads. I think it's about time that we get to know you a little. (And that goes for everyone else that do not postt offten, JUMP IN! )
Old 05-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Inactive User

JUMP!!!!!!!

sorry I could not let that one go past.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

JUMP!...? errr, OK I didn't understand, but, look, your posting , yeaa!

OK, that was silly of me.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Inactive User

Cool, man

Hey, Rumblefish, my brother's Duster (with "Up Yours" on the back in the shape of the old 68 Plymouth "heart") would do stuff like that. He would roast the baloneys, drive to different towns with his Caddy mufflers on, and surprise the big block brand x rides. Wish I hada a 'cuda, but my nasty trucks are plenty for me right now. Keep up the kills, and if you ever need a port & polish job, gimme a shout. I've been looking to do someone else's 440. I have 2 and want some new blood, these Mopars are addictive. Andy, there is no need for sarcasm, nobody is trying to sass you. We are a bunch of gearheads who love our Mopars. That's it! No geniuses, (except me ) NOT!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

NEramv6, I get it, i get it, gawd, I'm slow.

pcrmike, thanks, I'll keep it mind if I get to a 440 or better. But by then, I may be to old to remember. Ha ha ha ha
Andys non reply is OK. Not taking it bad or poorly. I think we covered the bases here. No sense beeting a dead horse, unless it is branded with a blue oval.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy I still don't get it.

Is this like an inside joke or something?
Old 05-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Actually, it's right in front of you. I'll quote;
Posted by me
Quote:
(And that goes for everyone else that do not postt offten, JUMP IN! )
and then posted by NEramv6.
Quote:
JUMP!!!!!!!
And yes, I really ment what I said, I missed it. Didn't realize it until I re-read the whole post to refresh the mind. Then I caught it.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:28 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by rumblefish360
[B
Hummm, James, whats the current converter/gear set up?
3.23's and stret radials? [/B]
Sorry it took so long to get back, anyway yes, when I posted I had mounted some PepBoys 275 60 15's and had to leave in 2nd.
I just mounted some old MT's that I had lying around and with better traction and leaving in 1st now the setup is 3.23's, 3500 stall, old MT Sportsman Pro's, 440 9.5:1, 800carb, 906heads, stock valves, elgin .510"lift 244@.050" 108LC hydraulic cam.
12.45 @ 109 e.t.&mph at 3500#.
It's not a world beater, just a solid street/strip ride that I can race in street class without installing a cage, but I don't take a whole lot of crap on the streets, especially these days.
Wow this thing sure has grown since I last checked, sorry if I offended any Ford Fans, however, it was a riced up Ford and he really asked for it, by the way Andy, I used to have a Boss 302 in a 76 pinto with 13:1 pistons and drove around on the street back in 1978, my Stepfather ordered a special 1969 convertible coupe back in late 1970 with a Boss 429 that I also liked, especially when he took it in for service and they'd give us a new 1970 Torino GT with a 428.
So I don't hate Fords, just RICE, Iv'e built Fords, Chevies, Oldsmobiles and Mopars.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:49 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb TORQUE

Quote:
Originally posted by heyandy
how do you guys go so fast with your tires spinning?
How do you guys go so slow without spinning your tires?
Old 05-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Inactive User

Great Kill..........the ricey kids down here give me the thumbs up and a quick flash of the lights.

Talking about spinning the tires, I heard that if my Challenger was set up correctly being pretty much stock it "should" spin the rear hides from 1st to 2nd.......why is that set up correctly? That sounds like traction problems if anything....
Old 05-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by NZ 440R/T
Great Kill..........the ricey kids down here give me the thumbs up and a quick flash of the lights.

Talking about spinning the tires, I heard that if my Challenger was set up correctly being pretty much stock it "should" spin the rear hides from 1st to 2nd.......why is that set up correctly? That sounds like traction problems if anything....
Thanks NZ, I think what they mean is with stock tires, you will have traction problems if the engine is tuned properly, as should be with most Mopars.
A quick switch to Hoosier quick time pro's or any DOT legal drag slick tire should fix the problem immediately if you have a sure grip rear end.
Hey, do they have a Department of Transportation there in NZ?
If not against the law there, you might be able to run just regular slicks from time to time when you don't want any smoke shows!