Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-18-2004, 03:52 AM
Inactive User

Default audi 1.8t v.s 64 318ci

i was headed out to the mall one day in a car me and my pops were sharing to drive to work (64 dodge 440) and we got a new road put in a few months before 2 lanes on each side, well i was cruisn about 55 and there was a car about 5 lengths in the lane next to me ahead and i look in my rear view and i see this audi aproaching rapidly in the next lane so i raise enuf speed to get behind-side of the other car ( u know, makin a box) and he had to slow down really fast, it was some ricer and his girl.
well thats when i slam the old pushbutton auto throttle and start haulin rump! i was peggin out the speedo at 120, thats where i let off and looked in the rear view, rice boy was still tryin to catch up!! and when he did we had a huge corner that led up then down i slammed on the brakes and got about a 45 degree slant on body roll, scared the crap outta him. just goes to show u cant beat a laid back land yacht, even when its only got a semi hemi 318 2bll.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Inactive User

Good Kill.

I love picking on the German cars. They drive with their noses in the air most of the time. Deutsche cars
Old 05-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Semi-Hemi! I only here that when I see my freind down south. He's got the 318 unit in his '66 Charger. Loves it.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Inactive User

yeah i loved that little two barrel just to bad we had to get rid of it. i guess the guy before us did brake work and some how ,i have no clue, broke the slot for the brake line into the Wheel Cyl. and when i was driving it came out at 30, i ended up goin through a fence and into two butch older lady's back yard. " what the hell are you doining in our back yard!!!!" " well i thought id stop in to make friends!" one accused me of drinking and the other accused me of drugs. that fence was no match for that car, and trust me that fence was well built for only keeping two dogs in. actually for anything.
then i complained about the way it was driving , pops didnt believe me, drove it and the 2nd day he checked it out and one of the wheels had shread 3 of five lugs and was breaking the other 2 . good thing i complained there huh?! last guy also had chrome/gold wire wheels and vogue tires put on it. i got the funniest looks, but alot of compliments from youth.

that car could take anything!
Old 05-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Inactive User

did the guy in the Audi know he was supose to be racing you? Those 1.8T are sweet motors. And the car cuts out at 135 MPh unless he chipped it then there is no limiter. Cool thing about it is those motors take to tuning great.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Inactive User

Laugh Hey, Arky!

Lots of us Mopar junkies here in Arkansas! skvilla, email me sometime, pcrmike@bscn.com! I'm a little north of ya. :-) PCRMike
Old 05-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Inactive User

oh he knew, trust me, im good at gettin people to race me. and personally i dont like audi and only two imports catch my eye and i own one. the other is 32k for the first year used and 98k for the new ones. i looked at dude when i took off after closing him in.

when u drive old cars these rice boys wanna see if you can hang. but i usually end up seein if they can hang. like when i was in my wrx, a ricer in a 1.8 base honda del sol,he reved, i rev. of course i passed him twice ( had to slow down for an idiot tryin to jump across to get on the highway). i hate honda's. one raced me in my volare. hmmm 110 hp,3400lbs, an 2.45 gears to 120hp,2600lbs with low gears for rpms. hmm who's gonna win?? well i did give him one damn run for the money, two slow if he had competition with my volare.... coulda done better if i worked the throttle like im supposed to.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Inactive User

Just wondering. You have a 318 in a big old car? I have 318 in my Ram and cant keep up with my wife's car with the 1.8T. You gotta let me in on the HP secrets of the 318
Old 05-22-2004, 05:40 AM
Inactive User

it was the old poly head 318, its valve werent side by side and werent across but at an 45 degree angle from one another. good design that didnt seems to catch on. thats why its called a semi hemi , plus that car had buttloads of top end, but still accelerated really good. that early nascar style body with that high end motor was perfect . i cruised 110mph for about 3 or 4 miles with no problems. it liked top end best for some reason, guess it was the gearing. they claim 500 n/a hp is easy from them with porting, cams, intakes , stroker crank, plus a big .090 overbore. but back then chrysler knew to leave plenty of bore meat. they say that they take alot of work to pump out the power but not as much as u would think for a non popular motor. the cars gone now but her memory still remains.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/425328

theres alot of pics of it ^ plus my volare is up on there too
Old 05-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Inactive User

Default race

It cracks me up..his WIFE was in the car?
Ever tried to race with YOUR wife/Girlfriend in the car?

90 percent of Women don't like and get scared going fast.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by skvilla
Just wondering. You have a 318 in a big old car? I have 318 in my Ram and cant keep up with my wife's car with the 1.8T. You gotta let me in on the HP secrets of the 318
Truck 5800 plus lbs and 100 lbs equals a tenth in the 1/4. You do the math.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Inactive User

wow Back in the day...

My dad built a 301 Plymouth poly with ported, polished heads, 4 Weber 2-bbls, a really hot cam, all the necessary valvetrain upgrades, and ran a stock block and bottom end. The motor was stuck in a primitive slingshot (in the late 50's) and ran equal with Garlits Swamp rat for about 4 passes. Times were almost identical to what Garlits ran the week before at a big event with a HEMI. I don't actually know exactly when or where, cuz I wasn't born yet. The factory bottom end finally gave up, but he still has the cam to this day. The rest was stolen from his storage unit.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Banned

A freind of mine used to have one with an aluminum dual 4 intake on it. Ran pretty good.