Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Inactive User

Default Any Srt Stories Yet???

Haven't seen many posts on how the SRT-4 and 10's are doing. Granted they are pretty new yet. ALl I hear are how the -4's are eating up the imports, but yet I haven't got the, "actual" story.
Of course the Ford guys are all freakin out about the SRT-10. They still think their supercharged lighting can beat it. In my view, once they make a naturally aspirated motor that can compete whether it be in a mustang or lighting...then we will have something to deal with. Superchargers are the only way the FOrds stay even close to being competitve.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Inactive User

I don't know about the SRT-10. For about a $15,000 price difference with the same 1/4 mile times, why waste the money on the Dodge? The Lightning is just as quick and looks fairly decent compared to the Ram, but to me it just is'nt worth the money.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Inactive User

Default Srt-4 street race story

Just 3 days ago I was sitting at a light and a Subaru WRX Sti pulled up next to me. I reved my engine up and pointed at the light. He looked at me and laughed as if he would smoke me no problem. I kept a straight face knowing what my car can do and knowing exactly what his car can do stock, I was ready. Right off the line he got a pretty good jump on me, one wheel getting traction compared to four wheels, by the time I got up to about 45 to 50 mph we were right next to each other, and from then on my car began to slowly pull away from him. By the time I was going about 135 mph or so he was a good 8 to 10 car lengths back. We both slowed down and pulled up to a red light, I had a huge smirk on my face and he began to ask me "Man what have you done to that thing?", I told him, then I asked him the same and he said he had an intake and bov. I knew it would be a good race, but I think lack of knowing how to drive on his part came into play here. I think it would have been a little closer if he was a good driver.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Inactive User

Ya, but how many ricers actually know how to drive well?? GOOD KILL!!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Inactive User

nice race man!! Need an 04 with the limited slip front end...that will help a little more with launching. The T-4's are really giving all the imports a run for their money. That just kicks ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Inactive User

the new lightnings are going to be as fast as the srt-10 in the quarter mile, but that's where it ends.
right now an srt would kill a lightning, they only make about 390 hp compared to a srt-10 at 505.
the newer lightnings will come with an intercooler that uses bursts of freon from the a/c to cool the boosted intake charge. the motors will be able to make up to 550 hp but only for 12-15 seconds. obviously, on a road course the srt-10 would absolutely put the lightning to shame as soon as the first 12 seconds were over.
either way i would like to drive one, and don't forget, the lightning is an auto on the column; the srt-10 is a floor mounted 6 speed. and plus, come on man. its a mopar.
look at the viper, half the price of the ford gt and faster in the quarter mile. hello ford, can't you do anything right.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Inactive User

ok... i was in the monte (04 supercharged ss) with it stock except for a corsa catback, and i was on my way to walmart, and i had an srt-4 wanting to run, i knew he would kill me, but o well its all in good fun, i got the jump on him, and by the time we were through the intersection he had a car on me, and kept pulling. Now i have a 3" pulleyy, and ran into the same guy, the other day, we ran em again, and i pulled a car up to 75 which is where i let off, we stopped at a gas station, and he asked me what i did, cause he killed me the last time, so i told him lol it was pretty funny
Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 AM
Inactive User

Hot Rod or PHR just road tested the Lightning against the SRT-10. The Dodge beats the Ford, of course... but they reckoned the Ford was a more car like drive (if thats a good thing?) and its an easy upgrade to get more boost by swapping out a pulley on it...

They reckoned the Lightning to be more of a truck users truck and the SRT-10 to be more of a performance driver's truck. (towing and payload comparisons)

Thing is park a lightning and an SRT-10 up together and which looks like muscle? Which looks like a tired old pickup design? Sometimes you don't need a road test in a magazine you know whats right and whats not.

If you need a truck to haul stuff I guess you'd be buying one of the diesels with the heavy axles.

I'm guessing the 650 BHP / 650 Lbs torque blower kit for the Viper will bolt right onto an SRT-10

Lets see what the Ford boys have got then!