Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Cuda vs Mustang

Here's a fish story for you. About a year ago, I was at the local street drag watching the big blocks tearing up the strip. There was a 64 Dodge Polara with a 426 max wedge, just eating everything that challeng it. My friend and I was sitting there enjoying the show, and talking about the 426. As we were sitting there talking, I heard this kid ( he must have been 18 or 19 ) challenging anyone to race him. I ask him what he was running. He pointed to an 89 Mustang. It looks like an old police car without the lights. What's the story on the car? I ask him. Then my buddy ask him if it was a cop car. His reply was " it used to be." He then when and told us that his father got the car at an auction. It has a 302 high performance engine. I've always wanted to run against a cop car, just to see what it can do. So, I told him I would run against him. He ask me what I'm running? I pointed to my car and said, a 67 Barracuda. He had this funny look on his face, and said, " What's a Barracuda? And what are you running in it?" My buddy and I looked at each other and started to laugh. I've walked over to my car and pop the hood up. Then I looked at him and said "This is a Barracuda, and I'm running a 340 small block." He looked at me and started to smile. "I never heard of a Barracuda before. Who makes them? he ask. Plymouth, I reply. He then had enough nerve to say, "ready to check out my tail lights?" I looked at him and said "lets line them up." We line our cars up at the starting area, and was waiting for the green light. The light then turn green and my tires started to smoke. I looked over and saw him starting to move ahead of me. I ease off the gas and tap the brakes alittle. My tires finally hooked up and launched me right next to him. We were then pretty even. Just until I got out of first gear. After I hit second gear, he was no longer in my front or side sight. He was looking pretty small in my rear view. When it was all over. I ask him " How's my tail lights looking?" He looked at me and said " is all the Barracuda this fast?" I told him no, some of them are faster! One more young one, has been educated.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Inactive User

Cool Great kill

He was probably used to having his way with imports, I love it when you get their attention, it's hard to see the look on their face in the rearview mirror though!
Old 06-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Inactive User

Definitely!

Good Kill. I can imagine his face, cuz I had one with that look after my 5300 pound truck kicked his Integra to the curb. He bragged about having 14K in the mods on his car, and I said I had 14 hundred. Met him about a week later at a stoplight and roasted him. He launched a little better, then WHAM, 1-2 shift and I pulled away there. You are right, the look is priceless.