Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Inactive User

Default Z28 in my rearview, obscured by tire smoke.

I bought a 1969 Charger R/T with my inheritance in 1992. 426/4speed. This car was a real pig! We are talking rust and bondo,2 different shades of primer and reused sheet metal in varying colors.(thats why I love Joe Dirts car so much!) I paid right at 10K for it.I figured "numbers matching drivetrain AND an R/T" not bad.This car was a used and abused daily driver with 120K hard miles on it and still no real engine smoke.
One day, at a light, a fresh 69 camaro pulled up beside me. You know, even as rotten as my car was it still absolutely buried the restored Z28! I had no Idea what I had at the time and eventually sold it to a guy who said he almost threw up when he saw me using starter fluid on it.The new owner showed up in a rollback and left with it.He never even test drove it. I got tired of adjusting it every 2 days to keep it running.I've owned literally dozens of cars(including a dragged out Trans-Am)and I've never had so much brute power under foot. The Hemi has a totally unique feeling and sound.I MURDERED several chebbies and a few furds with it,but the Z28 is the one that makes me smile every time.The look on that guys face when my rusty Joe Dirt looking $hitbox smoked him was priceless!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember, even a rusty Hemi is STILL a HEMI!