Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Inactive User

Whats the neighborhood come to?

For the past two years I been building my wife her duster, I brought her from the dark side. The Ford family! we just started driving it quite a bit lately because the weather has been nice. I finished up the engine and it's a 360 with the aerohead j casting heads with ported bowls, comp cams 262 cam and has 10 to 1 compression, airgap intake with an eddy 750 carb. 2500 rpm stall and a 323 gears with a sure grip. The car runs real strong but It has traction issues, that I'm sure a pinion snubber and wider tires will fix. Well, It all started the other day I wanted to get a pic of me doing a smokey burnout. I left two black marks about 50 feet long in the driveway.Now I got every swinging dick in the neighborhood trying to do holeshots in front of my house, Like a bunch of little dogs trying to remark their territory with whiz. Yesterday a kid in a ricer edition 1990 or so mustang decided to do a burnout by my mail box. Funny thing was he backed his car on the shoulder where the gravel is to get them tires to start spinning, peeled out on the blacktop and I heard a squeak and he was gone(and not two quickly) I laughed my ass off when I saw one tire mark, It was a peg leg!. The funny thing about this whole ordeal was the look on the kids face as he was doing his burnout, He looked like a constipated dude trying to poop I think it's about time I build up a new center section with some 4.11 gears and head to the track.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Inactive User

I think the kids are simply just showing off. I was walking back from the bar last Thursday and an S-dime did a peg-leg at a stop sign. Though the smell of burning rubber was good, he was just simply a show-off. Lets see any of these kids take us on at the track. They will be shaking when we blow past them. They just don't know that the money they spend on right-rear tires could be saved up for some engine mods to make a nice ride. Ok, I'll admit I'm a one-wheel-wonder myself; but at least I'm not tearing up perfectly good rubber. I'll wait to do those smokey, tire-eating, burn-outs when my engine is done, cause then I'll have an engine that can show these guys that I have more than just a cloud of smoke.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Inactive User

working on it my self. got he motor, just slowly building it up now. everything else on the truck is done, rebuilt transmission, rebuilt posi rearend, 255/55 nito tires and r/t wheels... disc brakes all arouund...

anyone got about 1500 buck i can have to finish it off with...