Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:28 PM

Default '04 M3 vs. '93 DAk...well, not really

Last Saturday evening it was beautiful out; hot with a slight breeze, no clouds...it was around 8:30 pm, my two kids and I were headed to McD's for icecream in my '93 Dak (extended cab, cap, 5.2, open rear) after a softball game. I pulled up to a red light in the right side of a dual left turn lane, beside me was a GQ lookin' guy in a new M3 convertible You've seen these guys before; top down, music thumpin', dark sunglasses (remember, 8:30 pm), left hand on top of the wheel, right elbow on the console.

As the light was ready to change I told my two kids to watch this guy. I got the holeshot on this guy going around him on the outside and then leaned on the gas a little, keeping the automatic in 2nd. As soon as the BMW was around the turn and headed straight he punched it, barking the tires in two gears and shooting past me. I let off at about 50 for several reasons, my kids were with me, I knew his car was a rocket compared to my truck and the speed limit was 45 anyway...besides, I can't afford a ticket.

At the next light we were beside each other again, my kids were howling! Its the first time I had done anything like that when they were with me and they thought it was hilarious and exciting. M3 must have taken it personally because he barked the tires through two gears and shot ahead of me. I was done, we had our fun but this fellow in a red C5 convertible must have been enjoying this show. He had been behind me and M3 through two lights, when he saw that I wasn't going to give it another go he went around me slowly and pulled up beside the M3, already at the light.

M3 must have been emboldened by beating my bone-stock 12 year old truck. He turne dto his left and stared at the driver of the Corvette. I told the kids to check out what was going on in front of us, informing them that the BMW and the 'Vette were going to race. Sure enough, the light changed and the BMW did his two-gear-tire-barking start by which time the C5 was already about two car lengths ahead and growing until he slowed down to catch the next red light. The M3 turned right at the light without stopping.

Quite an entertaining display of testosterone, all that was left to do was rationalize all this behavior to my kids.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Inactive User

lemme know if you find a good way to explain that... still searching for a way, myself, darn kids keep narcing me out to mom
Old 06-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Inactive User

Default Reminds me of my first pretend race.

I was driving to highschool in my brothers car. A stock 1977 Volare station wagon with a 318. The carb was so badly tuned that the car would not idle unless you put in into fast idle, so the manual choke was handy for driving. Anyway driving in to school one morning the person infront of me slams on the brakes and I do the same, I put the car into second as the car infront of me got off the brakes, but by the time I can go from OD to 2nd the engine had died. So I just drop the clutch to restart the engine and the tires chirp, the engine catches and, since I was in 2nd, I somewhat quickly pick up some speed.

Apparently the guy behind me in the Corvette was embarased that the POS station wagon just walked away from him and the chirping tires were clearly a display of power from my mighty ride. At the next light, the corvete gets beside me. I had put the car into high idle so the engine wouldn't stall. So the corvette revs his engine, I laughed at him and was just glad the engine kept running until the light changed. Needless to say the light changed and the corvette was gone, as I limped the station wagon to school.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:41 AM
Inactive User

haha, thats good stuff

BigMike
Old 06-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Inactive User

Default That reminds me

I was tooling around in my Crew Cab and at about 50 MPH it was running at about 1400 RPM (4.10 gears, OD and lockup) just enjoying the low boom of the headers, 3 1/2" tubes and flowmasters. Relaxed, that was me. I get to a short shoot where there is a short area for passing, and this guy in a brand new 3/4 ton GMC roars around me. I thought he was dissin' my funky 5-color truck! I knew the road had a 2 mile long straight coming up after the next curve, so I turned off the OD, lockup and slipped into 2nd. The motor was humming happily at about 3 grand ( see below for engine specs) when we exited the turn, he was doing about 55, and whenI punched it, he punched it, and at the end of about .3 of a mile, I moved over in front of him clean. We both backed off at about 120, after I built a 30 yard or so lead. Then as we entered the construction zone I slowed to my cruzin 50 again, slowing him down. I just knew it was making him mad. At the end of the construction, was an area where the road widened out to two lanes. As we stopped at the stoplight I looked over at him with a smirk only to realize he was one of my new copier customers! He wasn't mad, he had just bought a new GMC 3/4 ton Crew with the 8.1L big block and wanted to see if my old (famously) ugly truck had the beans I said it did. He couldn't believe it was just 360 cid, but I told him it was 360 MOPAR inches, and he just laughed. I still rib him about it every once in a while, but I have long since sold that sweet engine, and am prepping a 500" RB to go in it's place. Probably won't paint the truck, cuz there ain't nothing better than to give a good whoopin to a pretty-boy truck or 'Stang!!! :-) PCRMike
Old 07-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Inactive User

It's nice to be the underdog or sleeper that kicks butt.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Inactive User

Laugh And..

With a truck that looks like a bunch of Mexicans came across in it nobody steals my parts! PCRMike
Old 07-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
pcrmike With a truck that looks like a bunch of Mexicans came across in it ile: nobody steals my parts! imp: PCRMike
No wonder it looked familiar for a truck thats not from around here
Old 07-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Inactive User

:-P PCRMike ee: Ford ee: Chevy ee: Rice
Old 07-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Inactive User

FYI.....A New BMW M3 is quicker in the 1/4 mile than a C5 vette.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Inactive User

Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'mopar
FYI.....A New BMW M3 is quicker in the 1/4 mile than a C5 vette.
If you know how to drive