Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Inactive User

Default Giggle in the U.K.

Hiya from blighty,
reading all these race stories made me laugh as its ten times worse in the U.K.
We've built some great cars in the past but the "performance" market is dominated by the Japs over here.
Now! i have a 68 G.T.X and a pro street 65 coronet and they are the real deal over here.
G.T.X. story:
all stock, numbers matching, 440 S.C. driving up to a roundabout ( circular thing in the middle of the road instead of traffic lights cos we aint got the room for a proper junction) celica turbos pulls up alongside, still rolling, slowly, negotiate the dohnut and he gives it large, mm pretty speedy and his ugly birds smirking!
Hit 50, things are going backwards now and althought the speeds still climbing, the sushi alongside of us (had my eldest son, 14 at the time with me)..... (giggling)... is only just keeping pace, then that old mopar torque kept on winding in and off we went, his bird was doing her make-up as we pulled up to the next r'about and i dont think there were any marriage proposals accepted that night.
Coronet story: pretty much the same, different ugly bird, bloke with a polo neck on! Subaru roundabouts and snakey roads, dammit!
But! we hit the straight bit, dodge has big old pro street 31X18.5 quicktimes on ( not much tread i'm afraid, too harsh on the starts) and away we go, we passed him at i guess about 80 ish and plowed on through.
those things are all talk and no tourque!
the best bit is that they really think that they can take you, they have no idea.
i love these cars, raw, rough power that'll bite you back but what a great drive.
cheers guys, donnie.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Inactive User

UK cars

Sounds like you have a couple of nice cars. let us see some pictures of them if you get a chance.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Rice vs Mopar. no matter where you are, the story's always the same.

I like hearing (reading) about Mopar's in other Nations, Thanks for posting.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Hey Donnie;

Funny story. I guess this rice problem is all over. Hard to blame them when the price of real cars is well, suffering from overprice-mania, Once cars got into the late 70's around here, between the lack of style, lack of displacement in the engines that are coupled with poor HP ratings, the cheaper newwer rice cars start to become ($$$) atractive.
Better gas mileage on them (At least un-modded) pratically seals the deal.