Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Default What I seen the otherday, still ROFLMAO

OK, this is not a race story, but just something I seen the otherday.

The set up;
Civic of unknown year with ricer kid at the helm with his fart can and stickers proclaiming to the world....I wanna be fast.

What happened;
He is getting on the Hwy, nails the gas to a loud noise. Gunning through the gears, he is still over takin by a Rail Road work truck w/ 6 large wheels, a good 10ft. + box and a jump cab loaded with workers.
It was so funny watching the arms of the work crew out the window waving at him while they giggled and pointed at him.

Imagine being over takin by a huge work truck loaded down with 6 plus men and equipment while your @ W.O.T and trying to get on the Hwy.

Still ROFLMAO
Old 08-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Inactive User

Told Dad about that, got a good laugh out of that too. If it was around here, you'd have thought it was some of the guys he had working for him when he still did MOW at the The J.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Great story Rumble. I can just picture the whole scene as it unfolded. Put a nice smile on the face ... LOL!!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Inactive User

One of these days those kids will learn that loud doesn't translate into fast. I bet if you check around that kid has that little bee in a beer can for sale right about now.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Thanks DW, I tried to paint a picture. Best way to tell a story on the net.

I tell ya all, it's a shame I didn't have the Magnum up and running for this. I would have pulled along side the kid, made eye contact, shook my head with a disaproving mug and hit the hammer.
Even though it's a low comp. 400 W/a T-Q and headers, it really isn't to bad.
Nothin a milling the heads and a cam won't fix.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned

Biggrin

What you waitin on?? Get out there in the shop and get er done !!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Inactive User

Wait'll you see some of these frigging motor coaches(pushers) with 450HP CAT 14C's and an 7 or 8 speed Allison get on the expressway towing a Pacifca or a Grand Cherokee! Those sucker will MOVE! They ought to with 1325 ft/lbs on tap (stock) and half those guys get "hop-up" kits for the 14C and are pushing 600HP. God, do they wanna drag race those things???? You can hear the turbo(s) over the exhaust...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

You ain't kiddin Walter.

DW, what A day I had today. I was thinking about a new thread on this fiasco I had today.
It started yesterday when I was going to work for a little extra cash on the 4:30 - 12:30 shift. I left early to get tools at a nearby rail yard depot which I work out of every once in awhile. It was easier than going to my home yard.
I leave the house around 2:00 pm, to get the tools. The car which has been up and running for about a week now, was hard to start. I figured being that I just gotterdone, I still had to learn the quirks.
Got to the rail yard, stop the car, get the tools, hop in and proceed to start her up. No dice. She won't start. Humph!

Open the hood up and take a peak around. Don't see nothin, take off the air cleaner because a faint smell of gas goes by the nose. Since I can't smell jack, and I smelled gas, I figure it is worth a look.

I lay my hand on the carb and my finger doesn't open the secondary flap to the T-Q. I start pressing it down, harder and harder till it POPS open.
What do I see. Gasket!

From here I just hop a train to work.

Next day I return with top gasket and screwdriver. Swap it out and she has a hard time running. Actually, I had to get into the main metering system! I FIGURED, DIRT IN CARB. I swap on a AFB (750) No dice. Then I check for spark since she aint runnin with ethier carb. The MSD worked but the distrib took a crap. Go home get the lean burn distrib.
I did every combo till it was leanburn distrib and AFB.

Well, I got home with it running ruff w/ the stock jetting, Carter 750 AFB on a spacer w/ leanburn distrib/MSD.
A little ruff on cruise.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Inactive User

Laugh hey check this out

man that is funny
Thanks
If yall thought that was funny check this out ...youll like. Its called "Uncle Bens how to cook rice"
http://eurotuned.com/multimedia/gti_vs_civic.htm
Old 08-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Banned

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblefish360
You ain't kiddin Walter.

DW, what A day I had today. I was thinking about a new thread on this fiasco I had today.
It started yesterday when I was going to work for a little extra cash on the 4:30 - 12:30 shift. I left early to get tools at a nearby rail yard depot which I work out of every once in awhile. It was easier than going to my home yard.
I leave the house around 2:00 pm, to get the tools. The car which has been up and running for about a week now, was hard to start. I figured being that I just gotterdone, I still had to learn the quirks.
Got to the rail yard, stop the car, get the tools, hop in and proceed to start her up. No dice. She won't start. Humph!

Open the hood up and take a peak around. Don't see nothin, take off the air cleaner because a faint smell of gas goes by the nose. Since I can't smell jack, and I smelled gas, I figure it is worth a look.

I lay my hand on the carb and my finger doesn't open the secondary flap to the T-Q. I start pressing it down, harder and harder till it POPS open.
What do I see. Gasket!

From here I just hop a train to work.

Next day I return with top gasket and screwdriver. Swap it out and she has a hard time running. Actually, I had to get into the main metering system! I FIGURED, DIRT IN CARB. I swap on a AFB (750) No dice. Then I check for spark since she aint runnin with ethier carb. The MSD worked but the distrib took a crap. Go home get the lean burn distrib.
I did every combo till it was leanburn distrib and AFB.

Well, I got home with it running ruff w/ the stock jetting, Carter 750 AFB on a spacer w/ leanburn distrib/MSD.
A little ruff on cruise.

Man, that's rough, but I feel your pain. I think we have all been there done that before. I no longer take out a "Just Finished" project to work or somewhere important without giving it several around the block test sessions. I used to get in a hurry to get a new project on the road cause I just haddddd to drive it, or race it or something. I learned to take my time now and make sure there ready.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

No choice here, COncord refuses to start.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Banned

Biggrin

Understandable. Been there too.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Inactive User

I hate it when it's one of those days! several years ago my fuel pump died on my omni. Drove the wife bronco to work and on the way home, the timing gears went out. (easter sunday) I thumb my way back home and the next day I figure I'll ride my bike to the store to pick up the pump. Yea, my bike had a flat tire so I walked some more. The end result I rented a car for a couple days to go searching for a new car.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Ugh, now it's a cracked valve cover........Micro crack seeps oil.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Inactive User

Hey Rumble, you'll like this one, I picked up a 73 Charger a couple weeks back, 440 seems well built but I don't know much about the motor, and a very well built 727, anywho, I caught a kid in an eclipse the other day booming his system, so me, being the jackass that I am hit the linelock, made enough noise to wake the dead and filled his car with smoke, not to mention the melted rubber all over the frontend of his car..... Comically enough, he turned the stereo down. lol
Old 08-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Thats funny. Good luck with the car.

Update. Not much progress onthe car.
Still with the leanburn distrib and an adapter plate/750 AFB, But it runs and drives OK.
The Moroso valve covers replaced the cracked MP's.
Errrrrrrrrrrrr
But I'm driving her.