Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Inactive User

Woodward 2005

Being almost 50 (I said almost, dammit!), I've been into mopars since my dad went to work for them in 1965. Streetraced almost since I had my license. In the Detroit area there have always been lots of places to race. I haven't had a running car for about 10 years though. I got my 383 Duster done in Sept 2004. Its probably a 12.0 car. The weeks leading up to the Dream Cruise are now tremendous on Woodward. Tons of cars, but nobody wants to race! Sacrilege! Well, one night last year I was out, woodward was packed, and tons of cars parked and people just watching. Caught a light next to a Chevelle with a tunnel ram. Kept bugging him. Figured what the hell, I'm gonna hit it at the light anyway. So did he. We launched and I had him by 2 at the top of first gear. Made it 2/3 way through 2nd before backing down. Had him by almost 4-5 cars. Man, haven't felt that alive in years. The adrenalin was REALLY pumping. To be honest with you I wasn't even worried about the cops for some reason. Drove down 2-3 miles and made the U-turn to go back north. When I got back to the light I raced off, it was red. Man, people who were parked were cheering me. Probably 20-30 of em. Felt incredible. These people who were just sitting probably all wished they had the balls to race their cars. I lived the dream. Thank God I didn't lose. This summer we're gonna have the spray bottle open and really give them a show. But I'm really gonna be greedy. I'm gonna be doing it for myself.
Really though, if anybody is interested in some excellent cruising, try a weekend near the dream cruise. The dream cruise itself sorta blows, but the 2-3 weeks leading up to it are cool.

don
Old 03-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Welcome to the site. I hear ya on street racing. To bad we can't get the town to sponsor it with a crew like a track.
Aint it nice your mostly stock MoPar shames a t-ram chevy like that, <LOL>
Old 03-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Welcome. ^_^

Good story. It's so rare to hear of someone outside of my young'n'dumb age group street racing.